The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Charlene was there, but Charlene and Albert's engagement was announced in the week following the wedding.
I know. What's your point?

Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The photos are elegant and warm, the article is great and highlight the hard work and passion from Charles and Camilla, but I think it goes to show how great it is to have companionship in your life.
I also think it goes to show that Charles has his publicity machine on full throttle. It's a nice article, but it is carefully crafted to show him in the best light--which is fine, who wouldn't want their best side showing? I would appreciate a more well-rounded story; accurate, showing the good and not-so-good, positive and negative, instructive, good reporting. It's hard to get that kind of reporting these days--it's all so managed. But he does look happy, and his birthday is a celebratory event.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by caethi View Post
I also think it goes to show that Charles has his publicity machine on full throttle. It's a nice article, but it is carefully crafted to show him in the best light--which is fine, who wouldn't want their best side showing? I would appreciate a more well-rounded story; accurate, showing the good and not-so-good, positive and negative, instructive, good reporting. It's hard to get that kind of reporting these days--it's all so managed. But he does look happy, and his birthday is a celebratory event.
After thousands of articles showing Charles in bad light (as a philanderer, meddling prince, man-child, aloof, bad father, bad husband ...) is it possible to enjoy a nice article about him without screaming PR campaign ?
This man can't win. We know it, and he certainely knows it.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Which is why I wrote "the media reported". Though that said Charlene Wittstock was there and like Catherine she wasn't engaged to her future husband yet.
As we've already been told off this is something not to be discussed in this thread.
It's known that Princess Victoria was one of the first to know about Prince Albert's engagement as he brought Charlene with him to the wedding. The engagement announcement was deliberately postponed not to steal Victoria's thunder. I think that's a different case from Kate whose engagement was announced at least 4 months after Victoria's wedding.

On a different note, William and Kate were invited to the princely wedding but they couldn't attend because of their Canadian tour.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Confirmation from Norway: The King, Queen , Crown Prince, Crown Princess

"14.11.2018 Jubileum Deres Majesteter Kongen og Dronningen er til stede p mottakelse og middag i anledning 70-rsdagen til H.K.H. Prinsen av Wales. DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen vil ogs vre til stede."

https://www.kongehuset.no/program.ht...=26946&person=

In honor of the 70th birthday of the Prince of Wales, the Royal Mail will release six new stamps.

One unseen photo of Charles, William, Charles, and Harry. The photo was taken at the 100th birthday celebrations of the Royal Air Force in July.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Drn38fzX0AAHvrk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrpFI_zX0AAUI2a.jpg

Acoording the Jurnalist Wim Dehandshuter who receive confirmation that King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will attend on the 70th Birthday Party of Prince Charles

" [Wim Dehandschutter]‏ @WDehandschutter
Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will be attending Prince Charles's party at Buckingham Palace. I have received confirmation from the Royal Palace in Brussels that they have accepted Queen Elizabeth's invitation to Wednesday's dinner to mark her son's 70th birthday."

19 rare pictures of Prince Charles for his 70th Birthday!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...es-birthday/1/

Lovely family pictures!!!

The Royal Couple of Bulgaria will be there tonight

Цар Симеон и Царица Маргарита са в Лондон за 70-годишния юбилей на Принц Чарлз « Н.В. Цар Симеон II

Her Majesty Margareta of Romania had a telephone conversation and wished him for his birthday. In the next month, with Prince Radu will meet with the Prince of Wales in London.

Principele de Wales, 70 | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania
Old 11-10-2018, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by caethi View Post
I don't see how a documentary to celebrate his 70th birthday is going to mention his faults and weaker side...
Old 11-10-2018, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I don't see how a documentary to celebrate his 70th birthday is going to mention his faults and weaker side...
I agree. Plus: the documentary was more about him as The Prince of Wales, than about the life of Charles Mountbatten-Windsor. It was just the chosen approach by the makers. It became clear that Charles has totally redefined the role of the Prince of Wales, to such acclaim that he will be a hard act to follow for his son.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just had time to watch the documentary and he comes across as a lovely man. As any human being, he has his flaws, but undoubtedly any conversation with him is absolutely worth having and very interesting.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Courtier

Princess Beatrix of the netherlands will attend the birthday gala.

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/agenda...-prins-charles
Old 11-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Looking like this 70th Birthday bash is going to be a major royal �� I hope some official pictures are released.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Looking like this 70th Birthday bash is going to be a major royal �� I hope some official pictures are released.
IMO, at best you will see the following:

1) A picture of the core family at the party
2) Pictures of arrivals
Old 11-12-2018, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

2) Pictures of arrivals
Thats would be great! I hope its not too bad to wish for a big group picture too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

2) Pictures of arrivals
Fingers crossed that we see at least that much!
Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Will not any members of the Spanish Royal Family be at the party?
Old 11-13-2018, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Will not any members of the Spanish Royal Family be at the party?
Felipe & Letizia will still in be Peru for the state visit. I'm not sure about Sofia...
Old 11-13-2018, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia has no event on the agenda, strange if she is not going. I am sure the invitation has been extended to her, with the Kings being in Peru, since another of the retired Queens is going (Beatrix).
Old 11-13-2018, 06:06 AM
Majesty

I'm sure Sophia must be going and some of the Greek royal family. Perhaps they've just not made an announcement.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

Besides the Cambridges and the Sussexes who else in the family is coming and is this a tiara event?
Old 11-13-2018, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Besides the Cambridges and the Sussexes who else in the family is coming and is this a tiara event?
I suspect they all are: Andrew, the Wessex', Anne & Tim, Gloucesters, all the Kents of that generation, Margaret 's children and their spouses. ..
Old 11-13-2018, 08:32 AM
Majesty

I have this crazy thought that Charles knows this will be his last major birthday where he is not HM. And that, knowing that, he chose congeniality over statesmanship for his party. And I am OK with it.

And I think it is black tie - so no tiaras.