Do we think there will be tiaras?

LaRae

Old 11-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Do we think there will be tiaras?

LaRae
No. Not in keeping with the British Royal Family.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ok couldn't remember if they did with any of the Queen's B'days or not.

LaRae
Old 11-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Such a lovely article about Charles and Camilla (a really refreshing change for the British media!); I've really warmed up to them as a couple lately. They're both incredibly hard working and one can tell that they were meant to be with one another - I think Lubomirski sums their relationship up perfectly when he said "you feel like they're a young couple in love".
Beautiful photos too - Lubomirski seems to be a favourite photographer now for the BRF as IIRC he also took the Sussex's engagement photos.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
CP Frederik and CP Mary confirmed their presence at the celebrations of Prince Charles's 70th Birthday in 14 November

Kronprinsparret deltager i reception og middag i anledning af HRH The Prince of Wales' 70-års fødselsdag | Kongehuset
Not surprising since they attended his 60th birthday party back in 2008 but lovely confirmation news nonetheless.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Courtier

The Vanity Fair article is great. It says nothing that we don't already know.
That Charles has been a hard and passionate worker for the environment for many decades and that he has seriously supported the Queen his whole life too

Behind the jolly ribbon cutting is the huge bulk of activity to save habitats, preserve history and endangered animals. Prince Charles could only have spoken loudly and consistantly on these issues by being The Prince of Wales for so long.
He has helped us think differently and hopefully act before it is too late.(Species are disappearing every year.)

It shows that the true value of the range of work carried out by the BRF - the sovereign and family.

He deserves a celebration on the fourteenth. Seventy years lived with dedication.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Not surprising since they attended his 60th birthday party back in 2008 but lovely confirmation news nonetheless.
A bit surprising at least as the other way round Charles and Camilla would never attend a foreign fellow crownprincely birthday....

still I think The PoW os one of the most underestimated men in history and it makes me sick reading all these hateful comments on him and his wife on youtube or other media .... I wish both of them the best!
Old 11-02-2018, 03:12 AM
Majesty

I am glad that CP Frederik and CPss Mary will be coming to Charles's 70th birthday celebrations. However, I do find it sad that, apart from the Wessexes, virtually no other member of the BRF (including Charles and Camilla) can be bothered to attend family celebrations of other royal Houses' notable birthdays, christenings etc. That became glaringly obvious at King Harald of Norway's eightieth. I think it's a great shame.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:12 AM
Courtier

Great to hear that the Danish Crown Prince couple will attend the celebrations. Probably more royal houses will confirm their attendance later on.

I agree with Curryong that its such a shame that only the Wessexes bother to attend big celebrations of the other royal houses. Considering this it would be very generous if long list of foreign royals attended the 70th bday celebrations.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Lovely pictures!

King and Queen of Spain will be in Peru on a State Visit, so no show from them.

Maybe Sofia will step in.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:18 AM
Courtier

The Swedish Royal Family hosts a state visit for the Italian President, so no one from Sweden either.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Royal Highness

Is Norway going to come?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Austrian Federal President will visit the Netherlands so I guess that the Dutch Royal Family won't attend.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm going to be honest here and state what I feel is my own opinion.

To me, the invitation and acceptance of foreign royals to this 70th party really doesn't really mean a hill of beans. Its nice if some attended that Charles and Camilla actually know and have a relationship with but to have "foreign royals" doesn't really mean the party is any better or more glamorous or more prestigious than having Charles' favorite gardener's assistant there that he likes to dig in the dirt with every chance he gets.

I hope Charles' birthday is totally about him and as he moves around the room, he's surrounded by people that mean something to him personally. He deserves it.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Great to hear that the Danish Crown Prince couple will attend the celebrations. Probably more royal houses will confirm their attendance later on.

I agree with Curryong that its such a shame that only the Wessexes bother to attend big celebrations of the other royal houses. Considering this it would be very generous if long list of foreign royals attended the 70th bday celebrations.
That’s only because The Queen only sends them. She don’t bother to send future King’s to those events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm going to be honest here and state what I feel is my own opinion.

To me, the invitation and acceptance of foreign royals to this 70th party really doesn't really mean a hill of beans. Its nice if some attended that Charles and Camilla actually know and have a relationship with but to have "foreign royals" doesn't really mean the party is any better or more glamorous or more prestigious than having Charles' favorite gardener's assistant there that he likes to dig in the dirt with every chance he gets.

I hope Charles' birthday is totally about him and as he moves around the room, he's surrounded by people that mean something to him personally. He deserves it.
I hope the list of continental royals attending this party is substantial. For once, let’s get a nice set of car arrival pics of royals attending a worthy party for The Prince of Wales. We see all this stuff for the Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish and Dutch...darn it, I want to see it for the British too. I’m tired of the British being the odd duck out when it comes to royal celebrations. The future King deserves a major Royal Celebration for his 70th.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Majesty

Perhaps he does not want a lot of foreign royals whom he hardly knows, attendiing It is his party and he is surely entitlted to have the party he wants...
Old 11-02-2018, 09:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I hope the list of continental royals attending this party is substantial. For once, let’s get a nice set of car arrival pics of royals attending a worthy party for The Prince of Wales. We see all this stuff for the Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish and Dutch...darn it, I want to see it for the British too. I’m tired of the British being the odd duck out when it comes to royal celebrations. The future King deserves a major Royal Celebration for his 70th.
I'd prefer to see what you described reserved for Charles' coronation.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Probably Norwegian will be there too? It seems that they are relatively closer to BRF compared with other RF. Not expect to see Harald and Sonja but I guess the CP couple will join the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I am glad that CP Frederik and CPss Mary will be coming to Charles's 70th birthday celebrations. However, I do find it sad that, apart from the Wessexes, virtually no other member of the BRF (including Charles and Camilla) can be bothered to attend family celebrations of other royal Houses' notable birthdays, christenings etc. That became glaringly obvious at King Harald of Norway's eightieth. I think it's a great shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That’s only because The Queen only sends them. She don’t bother to send future King’s to those events.
I hope things will change during Charles reign. It's really strange to see the British is always absent in major celebrations or even funerals. Of course I think the Wessexs are doing great but, BRF always gives me a feeling that they are not interested in gathering with their colleagues while the others don't hesitate to send as many members as they can to join the party.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Perhaps he does not want a lot of foreign royals whom he hardly knows, attendiing It is his party and he is surely entitlted to have the party he wants...
He knows a great deal of his royal counterparts. It will just be nice to get glimps of a royal gathering for the future King’s Birthday. I hope we see the Greek royals too. Although it probably won’t happen, but it wouldn’t hurt for a major official portraits taken for the celebration too. Let’s party!

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

To be honest, as far as portraits go, I don't think we can get any better than the ones taken for the Vanity Fair article. Those are exquisite portraits of Charles and Camilla and I don't think we could see anything better.

As its a private party, I doubt we'll see "official" portraits come out of it.