The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pavlos and Marie Chantal

https://instagram.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn....04464066_n.jpg

Old 11-15-2018, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I noticed that William wasn’t wearing glasses while driving last night- he usually does. Perhaps he’s wearing contacts now?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Majesty

The best of the English Nobility was invited too.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

Including Violet Vestey who chose to show The Prince of Wales, his guests, the Queen and the world her nipples.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...day-party.html
Old 11-15-2018, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Exactly , that's why I wrote that I had read that the 4 of them couldn't come and asked whether someone else attended given that Rudolph concluded that pretty much all reigning houses attended...

Maybe the invitation was only extended to the key royals (former heads of state, current heads of state and future heads of state)? Otherwise, Carl Philip and Sofia could have represented the king.
But Carl Philip and Sofia also were participating in the State visit, which is why I said the family was busy...
Old 11-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Some more photos, including Princess Beatrix:

https://www.tatler.com/gallery/princ...kingham-palace
Old 11-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
But Carl Philip and Sofia also were participating in the State visit, which is why I said the family was busy...
It was the second day of the state visit, so not the state banquet. I'd say as the more minor royals they could have skipped the afternoon and evening activities of the second day.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Reine View Post
Including Violet Vestey who chose to show The Prince of Wales, his guests, the Queen and the world her nipples.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...day-party.html
Black alright but not flash-proof!
Wonder if she feels mortified today?
Old 11-15-2018, 06:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Princess Tatiana of Greece and Lady Frederick Windsor looked very elegant for the party last night-
World of Windsor : drubles-bestgum1: Princess Tatiana of Greece and...

World of Windsor : Lady Frederick Windsor wore a silk marocain...

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-15-2018, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Were any of the Middletons invited?
Old 11-15-2018, 09:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
Were Elena of Romania, the Liechtensteins, or any Baden or other German cousins there? Any more of the Greek Rf? Thanks
Andy T, I also wondered if any of Prince Philip's German relatives attended.
I like how regal looking Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark are.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqMqbFkgtlp
Old 11-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Were any of the Middletons invited?
We don't know....they don't release a list etc. I would kinda think they would be.

LaRae
Old 11-16-2018, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

My view is that pictures or videos from inside BP were not released the evening of the party because of political events of the evening.

It was the afternoon the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement was being discussed at Cabinet, and the marathon session lasted from 2pm till past 7pm, with the PM addressing the media shortly before 8pm. That clashed with the c8pm arrival time of the guests at BP. To avoid ending up with potential negative commentary of the royals partying with other royals at a time when the government was potentially teetering on the edge of collapse, I think the decision was taken to restrict media coverage.

IMO, this is precisely why photographers were not allowed to gather outside BP, as they usually do, to photograph arrivals. However, as an acknowledgement of the media interest, they released a picture of C&C at Clarence House, and tipped off some photographers to head to KP to get pictures of the Cambridge and Sussex couples as they left KP. When attending formal events, the Cambridge and Sussex couples are usually driven to BP. In this case, with a view to letting the photographers get better pictures, William and Harry drove themselves, with their wives seated in the front alongside them.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Andy T, I also wondered if any of Prince Philip's German relatives attended.
I like how regal looking Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark are.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqMqbFkgtlp

The Palace always plays down visits from the German side of the family. I can understand that in the past this was necessary to respect sensibilities and avoid the press baying about the Saxe-Coburg, Hesse and Baden connections. But surely now it is time to move on. The British Royals are part of a wider European Royal family which, in these dreadful times, could be a powerful example of the links that connect the people of the continent together, and representative of so many other families which cross borders, as a result of increased mobility and emigration.

On a more general note, I so wish the palace would release a full guest list, even after the fact. It's irritating not to be sure who attended and who didn't.

Frederik and Mary certainly do look regal, yet not in the least aloof. Denmark is very fortunate.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
The Palace always plays down visits from the German side of the family. I can understand that in the past this was necessary to respect sensibilities and avoid the press baying about the Saxe-Coburg, Hesse and Baden connections. But surely now it is time to move on. The British Royals are part of a wider European Royal family which, in these dreadful times, could be a powerful example of the links that connect the people of the continent together, and representative of so many other families which cross borders, as a result of increased mobility and emigration.

On a more general note, I so wish the palace would release a full guest list, even after the fact. It's irritating not to be sure who attended and who didn't.

Frederik and Mary certainly do look regal, yet not in the least aloof. Denmark is very fortunate.
I don't see why the guest list needs to be released for a private event. It was not an official engagement.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
Princess Tatiana of Greece and Lady Frederick Windsor looked very elegant for the party last night-
World of Windsor : drubles-bestgum1: Princess Tatiana of Greece and...

World of Windsor : Lady Frederick Windsor wore a silk marocain...

Two very stunning women!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Vestry's outfit was out there and for the wrong venue but she may have dressed this way to get press. Her competition for attention are royal duchesses, crown princesses and queens - women who wear beautiful gowns and dazzling jewels and who have the media's primary attention. By comparison Vestry is low in the pecking order and a shocking outfit will get her press.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince Palvos looked quite dashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
Princess Tatiana of Greece and Lady Frederick Windsor looked very elegant for ... [snipped] World of Windsor : Lady Frederick Windsor wore a silk marocain...
Lady Frederic's dress is awkward. It reminded me of the dress worn by the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Marie Chantal, really, with the selfie? Why did she feel the need to pull a Kardashian move like that? I know Greece's monarchy is no more, but still. And she has given interviews about Meghan. I would have love to have been a fly on the wall for conversations between these two.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I imagine Prince Pavlos is welcome at Buckingham Palace, due to his, and his family's long connection and intimate ties with the BRF..

Marie Chantal [markedly] LESS SO...