The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I was going to post exactly the same question when I saw your message. It doesn't look like the Wolfers necklace, but it is hard to see.
I think it is the Wolfers.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Majesty

Why oh why does Princess Charlene not want to turn up to parties for foreign royals. Perhaps she's shy, but it's a bit unfair IMO for Prince Albert to be always turning up to these affairs alone. After all, it's a jolly get-together not an execution and she need only be away for a day and a night. Her absences just seems very strange to me, and I'm sure other royals notice.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Why oh why does Princess Charlene not want to turn up to parties for foreign royals. Perhaps she's shy, but it's a bit unfair IMO for Prince Albert to be always turning up to these affairs alone. After all, it's a jolly get-together not an execution and she need only be away for a day and a night. Her absences just seems very strange to me, and I'm sure other royals notice.
Yes, it's increasingly odd, and does make one wonder what's going on.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Her life is with those babies. I never believed she was happy until the twins arrived. I think that’s where she prefers to be, with them. It was good to see Albert though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-15-2018, 08:43 AM
Majesty

By my count pretty much every monarchy in Europe was represented along with several non reigning houses. Great turnout.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
she prefers to be, with them.
All very sweet. etc. etc. But NOT GOOD ENOUGH. When she undertook to become Princess of Monaco, she undertook to represent the Monegasques, along side her husband. Her failure to do so is a disappointment , and something of a dereliction of that DUTY..
It is only 15 hours absence from the children MAX !
Old 11-15-2018, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think it is the Wolfers.

It is not the Wolfers. It looks similar to the necklace she wore in 2007 for the then Prince of Orrange's 40th birthday. I think that one has only be seen one that occasion.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Kensington Palace residents should have carpooled for the BD party of this eco prince
Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I was going to post exactly the same question when I saw your message. It doesn't look like the Wolfers necklace, but it is hard to see.
It is the Wolfers necklace. See the jewels thread for a more clear picture.

Quote:
Last Sunday we saw Charlène in Paris, with the King of Spain, the Grand-Duke and - Duchess of Luxembourg, with the King and Crown Prince of Morocco, so she does attend gatherings so now and then.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Last Sunday we saw Charlène in Paris, with the King of Spain, the Grand-Duke and - Duchess of Luxembourg, with the King and Crown Prince of Morocco, so she does attend gatherings so now and then.
Yep, but the children were in Paris as well :

Jacques et Gabriella de Monaco à l'Elysée - Noblesse & Royautés
Old 11-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Commoner

Lady Louise

i wonder if LLouise was invited?

Also is there a medal for attending? Seriously asked.

I wish I wish there were pictures
Old 11-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That event had some royals at it but I'm talking about events hosted by royals like weddings, special birthdays, enthronements etc. The last such occasion Charlene attended was Madeleine of Sweden's wedding, Albert has went to everything else since then alone. The Emperor of Japan will be enthroned next year and I bet Albert will attend that by himself too. It's a ridiculous situation.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about Princess Charlene's absence and the events she does attend and doesn't attend.

She wasn't here and that's all that needs to be addressed. Not her roles and responsibilities as Princess of Monaco, discuss that in the Monaco threads. Specifically, this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...s-40790-9.html .

Thank you.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

There was a great royal turn out for the Prince 70th birthday last night at the Palace!
Old 11-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
By my count pretty much every monarchy in Europe was represented along with several non reigning houses. Great turnout.
I read the Swedish king, queen, crown princess and prince Daniel couldn't come. Was someone else representing Sweden or is tgat the 'pretty much' but not every single one?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Queen Sofia was there with her sister Princess Irene but I didn't see King Juan Carlos?
He was also attending; see one of the pictures is this helpful overview by Hello (although still no pictures of princess Beatrix it seems and of the royal houses I'm also still looking for Liechtenstrein - assuming Sweden didn't attend).
Old 11-15-2018, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrix in purple so to see, with diamonds:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11...2265615313.jpg
Old 11-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Were Elena of Romania, the Liechtensteins, or any Baden or other German cousins there? Any more of the Greek Rf? Thanks
Old 11-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I read the Swedish king, queen, crown princess and prince Daniel couldn't come. Was someone else representing Sweden or is tgat the 'pretty much' but not every single one?!
The family was busy with a state visit, discussed here--

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-45541.html
Old 11-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
The family was busy with a state visit, discussed here--

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-45541.html
Exactly , that's why I wrote that I had read that the 4 of them couldn't come and asked whether someone else attended given that Rudolph concluded that pretty much all reigning houses attended...

Maybe the invitation was only extended to the key royals (former heads of state, current heads of state and future heads of state)? Otherwise, Carl Philip and Sofia could have represented the king.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Today, November 15, the Prince of Wales received delegations from both Houses of Parliament to mark his 70th birthday:

** dailymail: MPs and Peers celebrate Charles´ 70th birthday **

** express: 'Busy day?' Prince Charles welcomes Theresa May to Parliament birthday bash **