The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2018, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Sigh, the BRF is completely unreasonably stingy with pics. They used to share so much more pic wise than they do now.

But happy birthday Charles!

Old 11-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I would hardly call it a "speech". More like a quick toast.
I thought it was very sweet--humorous (Duchy Original indeed!), affectionate, and it made clear how proud she is of him. It didn't need to be long, because she hit all the important points in a brief and meaningful way.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Courtier

It was a dear toast to Prince Charles on his birthday.
Great pictures and super jewels.
Camilla looked ravishing.

The pictures from the Spencer House Tea were delightfully happy.
Does anyone please know? Who were the other sixty-nine inspirational seventy year olds at the Age UK Tea at Spencer House? It would have been fun.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes, I can see no good reason why they would resist releasing several official group photos. There has been good coverage if Charles’ important milestone across all media and there is a genuine fondness and warmth towards him. This is the main event to mark the occasion, yes it is a private party, but there’s nothing intrusive about such photos and I would argue in the public interest.
I agree. Just like I don’t understand why more photos like the ones they released yesterday aren’t released more often. I don’t think they are intrusive, but certainly gives enough of a look into the closeness between the royal family members.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I thought it was very sweet--humorous (Duchy Original indeed!), affectionate, and it made clear how proud she is of him. It didn't need to be long, because she hit all the important points in a brief and meaningful way.

It was the most personal and touching speech, or toast, I have ever heard from HM. It was just wonderful. I think she was very intent on making it a happy night for her son.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

It’s so good to see HRH The Duchess of Kent there and Zara & Mike attended as well.
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...e-of-york-with

Pictures:
The King and Queen of Norway, The Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark, Prince Albert of Monaco, and Zara Tindall leaving the party-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RegalEyes...85841440333824

Catherine, The King and Queen of Belgium, Prince Nicholas and Tatiana of Greece and Queen Sofia and Princess Irene leave the party-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RegalEyes...80875443093505

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-14-2018, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I agree. Just like I don’t understand why more photos like the ones they released yesterday aren’t released more often. I don’t think they are intrusive, but certainly gives enough of a look into the closeness between the royal family members.
I quite agree: there was a wonderful family photograph of The Queen and Duke on their 60th Wedding Anniversary, but NOTHING like it for their 70th. I thought that was a shame.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Courtier

On this big birthday, let's look at one of the PoW's wonderful endeavors. HRH has been in league with Ben Pentreath for many years, collaborating on residential projects.

See this link to check out another new community like Poundbury.

https://www.pentreath-hall.com/inspi...-new-memories/
Old 11-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

The first time of Meghan meeting so many of our royal counterparts tonight. I’m surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-14-2018, 10:49 PM
Majesty

That's right Dman and I'm sure it was a great experience for Meghan. Of course most of the other younger members of the BRF wouldn't have an intimate knowledge of some of the European royals either.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Should be a wonderful night for Meghan meeting all the other Royals. Ten years ago they released more photos from Charles's 60 th but it was a few days afterwards.
The press managed good photos of Maxima and Mary leaving their hotels 10 yrs ago. So perhaps we just have to be patient and wait for photos to be released.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love the photos we did get celebrating Charles' 70th. I'm sure that all who attended this party had a wonderful time. Its such a rarity that a person that turns 70 years old has both his parents there to celebrate with him and looking around the room, Charles had a lot to be happy about seeing family and friends all gathered together for a happy occasion.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That's right Dman and I'm sure it was a great experience for Meghan. Of course most of the other younger members of the BRF wouldn't have an intimate knowledge of some of the European royals either.

I think so, too. And I love how she and Kate obviously coordinated their appearances. I doubt Meghan would have worn such large, glitzy earrings if Kate didn't, so I bet these two planned these outfits together. I just hope they are not as stupid as Diana and Sarah were who alled the media to create rifts between them which the media then could publish and enjoy. I love eg how Maghan shows so much deverence to William and Catherine as well as to Charles, Camilla, Philip and the queen.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If anything, both Kate and Meghan would work in tandem to assure that the media is kept on right side of the red line in the sand when it comes to their privacy. They're family and not about to become media circus clowns for our entertainment. Those days are long gone.

As far as deference, both ladies know how the royal family works and are comfortable enough in their own skins to be a part of a team rather than a solo act.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Sofia was there with her sister Princess Irene but I didn't see King Juan Carlos?
Old 11-15-2018, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Catherine, The King and Queen of Belgium, Prince Nicholas and Tatiana of Greece and Queen Sofia and Princess Irene leave the party-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RegalEyes...80875443093505

Wonder which necklace the Queen of the Belgians is wearing. Pity that there is no good pic of her.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Rania

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373469

King Juan Carlos

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373109

Prince Albert of Monaco

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373489

Prince Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath of Jordan

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373503

Queen Margarita and King Simeon of Bulgaria

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373414
https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373514

Alexander and Katherine of Serbia

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373472

Crown Prince of Bahrain

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...ureid=84373539
Old 11-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Sigh, the BRF is completely unreasonably stingy with pics. They used to share so much more pic wise than they do now.

But happy birthday Charles!

There is no difference with -for an example- the 50th birthday of King Willem-Alexander, last year. Also that event was completely shielded. So it is not exclusively the British royal family being frugal with pictures.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see Lady Gabriella and her fiance there but a pity that Albert of Monaco attended another royal gathering alone. Princess Charlene just won't mix with other royals anymore. Strange.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Wonder which necklace the Queen of the Belgians is wearing. Pity that there is no good pic of her.

I was going to post exactly the same question when I saw your message. It doesn't look like the Wolfers necklace, but it is hard to see.