The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure about CP Haakon, but CP Mette Marit is still recovering from a concussion she sustained while travelling in Ukraine in October. Her doctor would not allow her to attend. Perhaps Haakon stayed with his wife?

Apparantly Queen Sonja represented the Norwegian RF. :flowers:

Crown Prince Haakon was there too. He was late, but he was there.

Will the Royal court releasse a Official Group Photo?

Gosh, there were some frightful dresses at this party. Maxima, Mary, M-C. They all look awful.

Its probably worth remembering, as the BBC's Nicolas Witchel pointed out, that the Palace probably doesnt want lots of photographs of the royals enjoying lavish party as Britian looks set to enter an economic recession. thats why there are so few photos from inside, though even at the best of times there are few pics released.

I wonder why CP Haakon and CP Mette Marit didn't attend?
Beatrixfan, Haakon DID attend. He came an hour later, because he had an official engagement in London.

Mette-Marit didn't attend because of her concussion of the brain.

I know I'm in the minority but I like Mary's dress to be honest. The neckline is a bit high for such a young woman and the colour's a bit funereal, her face seems quite pale and the overall look is that of a Halloween costume...actually I've talked myself out it. I hate it and it must never be worn again.

Beatrixfan, Haakon DID attend. He came an hour later, because he had an official engagement in London.

Mette-Marit didn't attend because of her concussion of the brain.

Ah I see! Thanx :)

So the former German and Austrian royals are not friends with the British royals?

I know I'm in the minority but I like Mary's dress to be honest. The neckline is a bit high for such a young woman and the colour's a bit funereal, her face seems quite pale and the overall look is that of a Halloween costume...actually I've talked myself out it. I hate it and it must never be worn again.

:lol::lol: You've me laugh so much with this - such a perfect description - the only great points about Mary's outfit were her hair and earrings

Reina Máxima - Novedades Maxima really did annoy me abit last night :ermm: - yes im glad we got to see a full length picture of her dress but from these pictures she managed with Willem-Alexander to walk don the street that Claridges was on to get into their car whilst also almost appear to pose for the photographers. we have tens times more pictures of her walking down the street, opening the car, smiling as she gets in the car, turning to face the cameras arriving at B Palace. :whistling::whistling:
Compare this to Mary, Mathidle, Victoria, Letizia who got in their cars at the doors of their hotels/MC's house - we only have one or two full length shoots. Maxima you've got too used too and in love with the camera

It's interesting how we complain there are no full-length photos of any of the royal gowns and then when one royal makes sure we get a shot we criticize her! I'm glad she took a long walk to the car and that she didn't cover her gown with a coat like most of the others. It shows a sensitivity to public wishes.

:lol::lol: You've me laugh so much with this - such a perfect description - the only great points about Mary's outfit were her hair and earrings

Reina Máxima - Novedades Maxima really did annoy me abit last night :ermm: - yes im glad we got to see a full length picture of her dress but from these pictures she managed with Willem-Alexander to walk don the street that Claridges was on to get into their car whilst also almost appear to pose for the photographers. we have tens times more pictures of her walking down the street, opening the car, smiling as she gets in the car, turning to face the cameras arriving at B Palace. :whistling::whistling:
Compare this to Mary, Mathidle, Victoria, Letizia who got in their cars at the doors of their hotels/MC's house - we only have one or two full length shoots. Maxima you've got too used too and in love with the camera
sorry but what annoy you from Maxima, i quiet not understand

other t hing the Royals from Lichteinstein, aren't there, they never go to this parties?

Great pics ..... thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As a British citizen it really does rather annoy me that such an important event with foreign royalty attending is held in private. So what if we're heading for recession and the economy is at an all time low - it's not the royal family's fault and certainly will not prevent most people in this country continuing to have parties and spending the earth at Christmas. I say these events should be televised live on every channel- the only problem being the media wouldn't have a clue who half the guests are! Well done everyone for posting such great pictures and for enjoying the celebrations!

I loved CP victorias dress color ...:)
Thank u TD.:flowers:
I am waiting to see Queen ranias dress :):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom