The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite disappointed in both Marie Chantal and Mary's outfits, although Mary's earrings are quite fabulous! Maxima looked fabulous. Of course, Mathilde looked like an angel. From what I could see of the top of Victoria's gown -- we've seen it before -- some type of jeweled criss cross halter top -- not very flattering, but gotta love that amethysts.

Well yes, dear Lucien. But your plea would have been more effective if you hadn't indulged in the fashion critique yourself! :D
Now, back to the party... :)

:angel:....:idea:

It's amusing that so many here should (myself included) critique the attire of those who attended the festivities and yet I'd be most certain that no one present gave it a thought...lol. They all dressed appropriately for a black tie event. Yes, even MC.

Let personal taste not insit that some dresses worn, were ill suited for the evening.

God love Maxima for her vivacious approach to style!

from the PoW-website:

The Prince of Wales's 60th birthday
13th November 2008
It has been reported in various newspapers that The Duchess of Cornwall has bought The Prince of Wales 60 presents for his 60th birthday. This is not true.

The Prince of Wales - Media Centre

:)whistling:)

anyone got the picture of Abdullah and Rania? Can't seem to find it

King Abdullah and Queen Rania are on page 1 of this Rex Features link. 5 rows down, 3 in.
Note that Rex is adding to this pictorial so the images change position as more are included.

from the PoW-website:

The Prince of Wales's 60th birthday
13th November 2008
It has been reported in various newspapers that The Duchess of Cornwall has bought The Prince of Wales 60 presents for his 60th birthday. This is not true.

The Prince of Wales - Media Centre

:)whistling:)

Well, if it has been true but she wanted to keep things private on issuing such a statement she could have always bought one or two more presents. thus it is definately not true that she bought 60 gifts, but 61.... :ROFLMAO: Who cares anyway besides those who want to thro mud on her for over-spending?

I am more then disappointed...
I mean:
Photos of Royals leaving their hotels (or wherever they stayed), photos of Royals in cars... wow.
I expected at least a short red carpet or pictures from the hallway inside... like they did during the birthdays of King Harald or Willem-Alexander.
Just some better pictures of the Royals, and the Ladies' dresses,would have been nice. :ermm:

I hope for a Group Picture.... :whistling:

Indeed, we have only seen some pictures of royals in the cars so we can only see their faces, but also we have seen some inside the Palace som maybe later it will appear some other nice photos where we can see all the details. Although the big party is going to be today isn't it? Has anyone know if Kate and Chelsy will be there?

Don't like Mary's dress at all and that hairstyle doesn't fit her IMO. I never favored the 1930s/40s look on Mary. A simple but elegant hairstyle suits her better. So far, I like Letizia's make-up. Too bad we can't see her gown. As for Maxima, I always knew she would wear this kind of dress. It seems that the tube, layered style of dress is her favorite. Hopefully the BRF would release the pictures. They should know that they can benefit from this. People would want to know the CPss's gowns.

Well, if it has been true but she wanted to keep things private on issuing such a statement she could have always bought one or two more presents. thus it is definately not true that she bought 60 gifts, but 61.... :ROFLMAO: Who cares anyway besides those who want to thro mud on her for over-spending?

Jo, it seems that you so much like the idea of the 60 birthday gifts...:ROFLMAO:...anyhow, i´m sure she has given him the right present(s).:flowers:

The Prince of Wales was treated to birthday kisses and good wishes from admirers as he celebrated his 60th birthday by promoting the work of his Prince's Trust.

The Press Association: Birthday kisses as Prince hits 60

I am more then disappointed...
I mean:
Photos of Royals leaving their hotels (or wherever they stayed), photos of Royals in cars... wow.
I expected at least a short red carpet or pictures from the hallway inside... like they did during the birthdays of King Harald or Willem-Alexander.
Just some better pictures of the Royals, and the Ladies' dresses,would have been nice. :ermm:

I hope for a Group Picture.... :whistling:

This is how it always done by the Windsors. No photographers inside as it is a private party. We can be lucky that the guests arrived in cars and not in a bus. For example at the Golden Wedding oif the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh there was a big Ball at Windsor CAstle. But the guests arrived in a bus and all you got was a few photos from the guests when the left the bus and walked to the entrance of the Castle. At Buckingham Palace you would probably not even get this photos as the don't let photographers into the Quadrangle.

This is how it always done by the Windsors. No photographers inside as it is a private party.

They weren't so photoshy on the occasion of Peter Philips' wedding where even intimate family moments were shown in Hello! afterwards :whistling: In this case obviously money made the difference, at least for the non-royal involved, and the Windsors happily played their part by posing for all kinds of shots.

They could have allowed at least a short waving & greeting at the entrance of Buckingham Palace - or maybe Charles liked the idea of his nephew and we get all the pics in next Tuesday's Hello! but this time with the money devided between Charles' charities :D

All those Royals and not one group photograph? A great shame but on a brighter note, it's nice that so many Royals came over to celebrate with the Prince. Not sure how King Carl Gustav felt about having Shirley Bassey pestering him all night.

(I've no evidence that she did but I've seen the Bass on the booze and I can just picture a rendition of some number delivered to a suprised King).

OMG OMG OMG thank you for these photos!! What was Mary thinking? Is that a seperate top and skirt? Because they look completely mix-matched! the top is amazing, and the skirt is terrible! What are those stripes?? And MC's dress looks like a solid black version of what Mette-Marit wore to King Carl Gustav's birthday ([DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto and [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto). It woudl have looked alright if she didn't look like she were going to a halloween party (as you said donnaK).

Wow! Marie-Chantal does look terrible. Her outfit is not attractive, nor is her hair. She has a sour expression on her face, like she doesn't want to be there (which is very sad because her husband is close to Prince Charles). Mary is so beautiful from the neck up, but that dress is really ugly.

Wow! Marie-Chantal does look terrible. Her outfit is not attractive, nor is her hair. She has a sour expression on her face, like she doesn't want to be there (which is very sad because her husband is close to Prince Charles). Mary is so beautiful from the neck up, but that dress is really ugly.
I agree with you ...:):flowers:
I loved princess Maximas necklace .. princess Marys dress & earings
Cant wait to see Queen Ranias dress ...:)

I wonder why CP Haakon and CP Mette Marit didn't attend?

I wonder why CP Haakon and CP Mette Marit didn't attend?

I am not sure about CP Haakon, but CP Mette Marit is still recovering from a concussion she sustained while travelling in Ukraine in October. Her doctor would not allow her to attend. Perhaps Haakon stayed with his wife?

I loved the official photo of Prince Charles. I used to think that he looked just like his mother, but he really resembles his father in this photo.

This is how it always done by the Windsors. No photographers inside as it is a private party.

Stefan, while you're correct in general, there obviously was at least one photographer emplyoyed by the Windsors to photograph inside the Palace, since two pics have already appeared (on getty among others), showing only The Queen and the Prince of Wales and their consorts walking to the party.
It's all the more disappointing that still no group picture has appeared - they usually tend to publish at least one from "private" parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom