The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, I'm glad they finally went to a royal gathering.

Hope we can have better pictures of everyone pretty soon.

I'm surprised at the number of pictures we've seen so far. IMO, the British Royal Family is never very good at realizing what good PR it would be to release pictures. So in that sense, it's wonderful that we are getting car arrival shots. If past history has proven anything, there will be a group family shot released and that will be it for official photos.

To answer a few questions that have been posted:

1. Victoria arrived in a separate car from her parents (The King was seated next to Queen Silvia, but was cropped out in some pics...who wants to see him I guess?)

2. Mette-Marit had to withdraw her acceptance to the event due to doctor's orders. She suffered a concussion several weeks ago while on a visit to Russia and according to the Norweigan court, she is still suffering from side effects, so she was not able to attend. Haakon was scheduled to attend along, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Also, William must be on duty with his training otherwise he would not miss such an event. Hopefully we will continue to see some more arrival shots. Boy, I would love to be a fly on the wall at the palace during cocktail hour!

Prince William is present, here with Queen Elizabeth, prince Philip, Prince Charles, duchess of Cornwall and prince Harry:
Daylife
Daylife
Duchess of Cornwall:
Daylife

thank you for the photos, can't wait to see all the glamorous ladies with their beautifull dresses!

Also, William must be on duty with his training otherwise he would not miss such an event. Hopefully we will continue to see some more arrival shots. Boy, I would love to be a fly on the wall at the palace during cocktail hour!
William is there, I think the only Royal missed out is the Princess Royal. She has been in New Zealand since Wednesday.

I hope the family photo thats supposed to be released is actually a group photo with all the royals. Too bad its not a tiara event.

i wonder why is not a tiara event?

Where is Lady Gabriella Prince Michael and the Wessexes

William is there, I think the only Royal missed out is the Princess Royal. She has been in New Zealand since Wednesday.

DOH! You are right. I missed his (hard to do, but I did). Time to put new contacts in as my eyes must be going!

Where is Lady Gabriella Prince Michael and the Wessexes

If you read back through the thread you will find one of the first pictures of of the Countess of Wessex and you can see Prince and Princess Michael of Kent in the Rex Features photos.

From the car photos I can say all the ladies certainly look lovely with their hair and makeup but Princess Maxima really stands out to me. WOW! She looks stunning

I think it's a pity that BP isn't more forthcoming regarding photo opportunities!

On second thought, why even bother sending a duty invitation to all these foreign royals and dignitaries and then do your best to hide them away when they actually get there?

As someone said, the Brits are not interested in other royalty than their own and here's a quote from the BBC to prove it:

"Among the foreign royals who made the trip to London were ..(.....) and King Constantine of Greece". :bang:

(in case someone missed the point: ex-king Constantine of the Hellenes has lived in London for 33 years and is a close friend of the birthday boy!)

Now now lets not speak for all Brits;)
But i agree a lot of the media haven't a clue. I would happily do the royal reporting for them!
About King Constantine. Any chance they meant he made the trip from Inner London to Central London?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not seen Prince Andrew and his girls; Zara, Lord Linley and Serena; Duke of Kent; Lady Helen; other Gloucester kids (Noticed Lady Rose with her parents in their car) Freddie and Ella Windsor or Princess Alexandra's children. Surely they can't all have not attended. Fingers crossed for more pics.

Does anybody know how these parties work logistically? For instance, does Buckingham Palace send cars to the various hotels for everybody or does each royal couple hire their own? Do the Crown Prince Couples travel with hairdressers and make-up people? Do they all stay at the same hotel or are they put up in a palace somewhere? Do they fly commercially? It seems like quite a feat to have all of these royals show up on the same night in the same location, all dressed to the nines, in chauffeured vehicles.

I also think that Mathilde, especially, looks just angelic tonight.

All the princesses look beautiful! If only we hve some pics where we can see them in their full gown. However, what's with the hairstyle of Pss Marie Chantal....it looks cheap...

I have to say that everyone looks simply wonderful! What a tribute for Charles, all these royals coming together to celebrate his birthday. I love Camilla's jewels, Maxima as usual is amazing, and Mary is really one of the most delicate beautifies I've ever seen. Mathilde is, as always, elegant and flawless. The only low point--no full lenght pictures. I'd love to see which necklace Princess Victoria is wearing!

I had a 'hunch' Mary would wear a hairstyle reminiscent of the 1930's/40's, and it is simply beautiful.

The earrings are superbly designed and sit nicely on the ear. She understands that diamond earrings, alone, are all that's needed in the way of jewellery.

The lacework on the upper bodice of her cocktail dress is entirely delectable! it adds an almost gothic like femininity which is quite sensual and alluring. Especially against her cream complexion. HRH has a striking neck and shoulder line so to cover such attributes, would be a great injustice :rose:

:)quote from Windsorgirl: "Does anybody know how these parties work logistically? For instance, does Buckingham Palace send cars to the various hotels for everybody or does each royal couple hire their own? Do the Crown Prince Couples travel with hairdressers and make-up people? Do they all stay at the same hotel or are they put up in a palace somewhere? Do they fly commercially? It seems like quite a feat to have all of these royals show up on the same night in the same location, all dressed to the nines, in chauffeured vehicles.":)

I ask the same questions to my self and another question, for a man like him that he can buy himself everything that he wants , what kind of presnets did he get and what the royals did buy for him,? i would like to know, anybody there knows?
:britflag:

^^Keep in mind that the Queen is said to love Sophie so much because she is so understated. That is her niche within the family, the understatedly beautiful wife of the youngest son of the Queen. They didn't want another Diana, all glamour and sparkle, and Sophie seems content not to be that, instead being simple and private, with a bright smile when necessary, but not lavish.

What is up with the Countess of Wessex's appearance? She doesn't even look as if she's going to the same party as Máxima, Mary, Mathilde and the others. Way to underdressed with no hair-do or make-up. Where's the glamour?

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
you are correct, she looks terrible but like randomlykeira said the queen does not want another Diane, she does not want to be overshadow by a pprincess, she want to be the only one, glamorous and love for the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom