The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rod to sing for Charles´ birthday

Stewart, an ambassador for Charles' charity the Prince's Trust, will provide the main musical entertainment at the party being hosted by the Duchess of
Oh No....... :whistling::lol:

I prefer someone who can sing!:ROFLMAO::whistling:
The Rod doesn't sing?? Say it ain't so!! :lol:
How does one get chosen for this sort of thing? I would have thought that HRH would have pursuaded Kiri Te Kanawa to come out of retirement.

The Rod doesn't sing?? Say it ain't so!! :lol:
How does one get chosen for this sort of thing? I would have thought that HRH would have pursuaded Kiri Te Kanawa to come out of retirement.

And give him flashbacks of his first marriage on his birthday. Tsk, tsk, Russo. :eek:

And give him flashbacks of his first marriage on his birthday. Tsk, tsk, Russo. :eek:
Yes, but talent is talent! My first Sarah Brightman concert was with the ex Peg Leg. MUCH better with Mr. Russo! I would think HRH would think so as well. . . .:cool:

OK, you twisted my pinkie, but only if she would sing "Dove Sono" from The Marriage of Figaro. One of my favorite operas. :flowers:

Russo,
You just transported me back in time to my carefree undergraduate years, when opera was an integral part of my life. Long before Kiri came on the scene. Remember names like Joan Sutherland, Leontyne Price, Marilyn Horne, Beverly Sills, etc. Ah yes, the good old days. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Russo,
You just transported me back in time to my carefree undergraduate years, when opera was an integral part of my life. Long before Kiri came on the scene. Remember names like Joan Sutherland, Leontyne Price, Marilyn Horne, Beverly Sills, etc. Ah yes, the good old days. :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Oh what a lovely guilty pleasure. I don't think I could drag Mr. Russo to one!! And they are $pendy here in Oregon. . . .

Tickets are pricey if you're in the big cities, but the colleges I attended had a great music dept and presented an opera every year plus there was a local opera company. Being a music major, attendance was mandatory (and free).
The highlight was attending a master class (in the dead of winter --wind chill near 25 below) presented by Marilyn Horne. Probably because I did a 360 on ice with my boyfriend's VW bug! :D

If we could maybe curtail the reminiscences and get back on topic, it would be much appreciated...

If we could maybe curtail the reminiscences and get back on topic, it would be much appreciated...
Busted again! :rolleyes:

What does one give HRH for a birthday gift? Does he request donations to his charity?

Busted again! :rolleyes:

What does one give HRH for a birthday gift? Does he request donations to his charity?
Mmmm, something daft or quirky perhaps, that's on top of the Faberge Eggs!:D

Thank you for the information, JessRulz!:flowers:
Interesting to see that senior members of other royal houses will attend the reception. And nice to see that the Swedish Royal Family will be there.
I´m waiting to see the whole guests list!

Queen plans Charles´60th do
August 12

Da Vinci paintings form part of celebrations.

Queen plans Charles' 60th do

Elspeth King, curator of the museum, said: "This exhibit is the thrill of a lifetime.

I didn't know our own Elspeth moonlighted as a museum curator in Scotland. ;) Seriously I die to see those da Vinci drawings. We had an exhibition in NY at the Met and they were breathtaking.

I am not sure whether anyone has posted these photos Rex Features. Looking at some photos, I have to note that Prince Charles and Princess Diana did have their happy moments.

:previous:
I couldn't find many pictures of Charles & Diana to note any happy moments, I would also question their friends and family section, showing Charles and Spencer at the time of the return of Diana's body and on the 'walk'. He could not be counted as a friend or family, scraping the bottom of the barrel there me thinks.

The gallery with Camilla was nice, nothing spectacular there.

Disappointing really when you consider all the photographs at their disposal.

Rex has compiled photos of Prince Charles it deemed appropriate. The above photos reflect certain facets of Prince Charles' life. That is all there is to it.

Do 'we' know if any members of the DRF will be attending?

Sorry Madame Royale, I haven't yet heard or seen anything to indicate that they will...
But I guess there's still some time.

I am glad to see the the Swedish royals will attend.

Sorry Madame Royale, I haven't yet heard or seen anything to indicate that they will...

But I guess there's still some time.

Thanks Marmi...:flowers:

I know the Crown Princely calendar goes month by month, but I can't envision Frederik or Mary partaking. The only British royals Mary's been acquainted with are the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

As for the Queen and Prince Henrik, I haven't read anything and as for Joachim or Benedikte...no idea and probably not. Who knows.

I personally think it's a down right shame, however, that Charles and Camilla don't involve themselves with royal events on the continent. As much as I like Sophie, I'd much rather see the Duchess familiarise herself with faces and names, especially amongst her Crown Princely counterparts.

Charles, in recent years, seems to have backed off completely.

... I'd much rather see the Duchess familiarise herself with faces and names, especially amongst her Crown Princely counterparts.
Charles, in recent years, seems to have backed off completely..

Frederik and Mary, as well as other Crown Princes/Princesses on the continent, are at least a generation younger than Charles and Camilla. They probably have in common with the younger CPs as they would with William and Harry. They have similar job titles but in totally different places in their personal lives to make much connection.

I don't see why their respective ages (Charles and Camilla's) should prohibit them from taking an active representative role on the continent. That would be a relatively poor excuse, imo.

Age should create no constraint for sociability. And unless you meet someone, how do you know you share nothing in common?

Yes, Charles' generation are themselves sovereign Heads of State, but he is still the heir and that alone should induce some sense of commonality with those who share that position, abroad. And they are (Charles and Camilla) really quite engaging. Charles with his suave equanimity and the Duchess who seems delightful more often than not.

This is all, of course, my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom