The Prince of Wales Current Events 13: June 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Wales visited Llandovery Hospital today, July 17, "to thank staff for their continued efforts during the current COVID-19 pandemic":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Good to see Wales week continues. I presume Charles will travel back to Highgrove today to spend the weekend with Camilla.

Nice to see Charles in action the past few days. I enjoyed their trip to Tintagel. And seeing him at the graduation as well.

Seeing them out supporting the essential workers is so important right now. When done carefully like this of course.

They are good fun outings with Charles where we learn interesting titbits about very local endeavours involving skilled people.
It's nice to be informed and entertained by these visits again.
I've walked a sun dappled bridleway near Middlemoor including a quaint wooden footbridge over the river Tavy.
The chuckling face of Prince Charles, healthy and carrying on after coronavirus, is a sign of recovery.

Last edited:
They are good fun outings with Charles where we learn interesting titbits about very local endeavours involving skilled people.
It's nice to be informed and entertained by these visits again.
I've walked a sun dappled bridleway near Middlemoor including a quaint wooden footbridge over the river Tavy.
The chuckling face of Prince Charles, healthy and carrying on after coronavirus, is a sign of recovery.

I think that chuckling face of his is something I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing these days no matter where Charles goes. Its what tells me that no matter where he is, no matter what he's doing or no matter who he's meeting, he's happy to be doing it and its not something he's got to get through because of who he is. He's a guy comfortable in his own skin and I think he realizes that the best is yet to come.

Middlemoor is in Exeter, which is nowhere near the river Tavy. Perhaps you're remembering a visit to Dartmoor?

Always great to see Prince Charles out performing royal duties. Also, nice tip to rub soap containing glycerin on inside of glasses then wipe off to prevent fogging. I plan to try it.

Charles looks great...and I’m also going to try that tip!!!

Middlemoor is in Exeter, which is nowhere near the river Tavy. Perhaps you're remembering a visit to Dartmoor?

Yes, you are right. I am remembering the pretty place of Middlemoor, Devon, not the Middlemoor Fire Station, Exeter, Devon. Thanks for prompting me to check my geography.

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales has recorded a message for the 150th anniversary of the British Red Cross:

Prince Charles has sent a message of support to tenants of the Duchy of Cornwall.

Charles latest message from the Duchy of Cornwall is really interesting. Having watched him reestablish a neat ba krupt collection ton of farms and fans is seems al.ost miraculous that that booming entity is now a community in its own right.

Remembering Charles work with the wool board to try to reestablish a dying trade. He has learned to ignore the naysayers and give it a go. In so doing, he has had more successes than failure. More than that, he is almost jolly he's so happy.

Here's a video from the visit to Stonehaven in Aberdeenshire today.

Court Circular 30th June:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this evening held a Meeting with The President of the Republic of Ghana via telephone.

Court Circular 1st July:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited Shipton Mill Limited, Long Newnton, Tetbury, and was received by Mrs. Jane Jenner-Fust (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire).

Court Circular 2nd July:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning visited Transport for London, Ashfield House, 7 Beaumont Avenue, London W14, and was received by Mr Kevin Traverse-Healy (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 6th July:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this evening joined an Accounting for Sustainability Chief Financial Officer Leadership Network Roundtable Meeting via video conference.

Court Circular 13th July:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning visited Edwards Coaches, Pontcynon Industrial Estate, Abercynon, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Mid Glamorgan (Mr Peter Vaughan).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Prince Charles Hospital, Gurnos Road, Merthyr Tydfil, Mid Glamorgan.

Court Circular 17th July:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning visited Llandovery Hospital, Llanfair Road, Llandovery, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Dyfed (Miss Sara Edwards).

Court Circular 22nd July:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning visited Middlemoor Fire Station, Exeter, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr David Fursdon).

Court Circular 31st July:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this afternoon visited Caithness General Hospital, Bankhead, Wick, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Caithness (the Viscount Thurso).

Court Circular 14th August:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this morning visited the Emergency Services teams who responded to the Stonehaven train derailment, Carmont, Stonehaven, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Kincardineshire (Mrs Roderick Kinghorn).

The Prince of Wales has announced the creation of a new global platform RE:TV, for compelling films and articles by his Sustainable Markets Initiative:

Last week the Prince of Wales received Seafood Suplier Jimmy Buchan of the Scottish Seafood Association and Grace Noble, Founder and Owner of Aberdeenshire Highland Beef, to hear about the situation during Covid-19 times:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Prince of Wales announced Yvonne Conolly as the recipient of the 2020 Naz Legacy Foundation Honorary Fellowship of Education:

The Prince of Wales sent a message to the Fijian people to mark the 50th anniversary of Fiji's independence:

And he received five Fijian Soldiers of The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion of the Royal Regiment at Birkhall today, October 10:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales has released a new series of short films on the climate crisis on RE:TV. The short clip attached to the tweet showed Charles speaking in both audio and video.

The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
Earth globe europe-africa'We've forgotten sometimes I think that we are part of nature. So what we do to the world around us, we are doing totally to ourselves'
The Prince of Wales has launched a new series of short films about potential solutions to the climate crisis at:
http://re-tv.org
8:38 PM · Oct 11, 2020·Twitter Media Studio​

The Prince of Wales has sent a video message to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Airedale NHS Foundation Trust today:

The Prince of Wales will be feature in the December issue of British Vogue including a new portrait and an interview with Edward Enniful (Editor-in-chief), starting from page 212

Some exerts from the article (written by Edward Enniful himself) that relates to The Prince of Wales' interview

Again for all the obvious reasons, it felt important to make 2020’s an extra-special event. On that note, I am delighted to publish, in Royal Wisdom, on page 212, a new portrait of and interview with His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales. A long-time supporter of the fashion industry’s efforts to become more sustainable, the Prince has been working with Yoox Net-a-Porter on an exciting project. Set up in collaboration with The Prince’s Foundation, The Modern Artisan is a training programme that gives students from the UK and Italy invaluable experience in textile design and sustainable production methods. Their first capsule collection of luxury womenswear and menswear launches this month.

The Prince talks me through the project during a lively Zoom call we had earlier this year between Dumfries House and Vogue House. I’ve known His Royal Highness for a while, and, like many, am always struck by his authenticity. He has been an advocate for the environment and sustainability for 50 years. “Buy better, buy less” was his mantra many decades before it became a buzz phrase of our times. He really was an oracle then, and he remains just as passionate today – as well as being a very stylish man in his own right.

The Prince is also a noted theatre fan, and I hope he will be one of many who enjoy the quiet majesty of photographer Jack Davison’s portfolio of images taken in London’s shuttered playhouses (Dramatic Pause, page 192). Theatre, the centuries-old lifeblood of British culture, has been suffering like so many creative industries these past months, and so we gathered some of the London stage’s finest performers in now empty performance spaces as a rallying cry. From Cate Blanchett to Imelda Staunton, Jude Law to Paapa Essiedu, Sophie Okonedo to Andrew Scott, a talented roster of actors reflect on the power and purpose of their art, and remind us that we not only need to celebrate this country’s unique theatre landscape, but to protect it, too – especially as we move into a challenging new year.​

https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/articl...er-2020?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

The Prince of Wales guest edited this week issue of Country Life Magazine to mark his birthday

HRH The Prince of Wales: ‘We have a very short window of opportunity, which must not be squandered, in which to seize something good from this crisis’
As the country confronts another lockdown, The Prince of Wales applauds the stoicism of rural people and urges us to work with Nature to forge a brighter and greener future.
https://www.countrylife.co.uk/news/...gn=flipboard_rss_feed&utm_content=countrylife

From Clarence House's twitter account
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall @ClarenceHouse
“If we care about the health of our rural landscapes and communities, we must provide encouragement and support to those who are toiling away at their core.”
Released today, this week’s issue of @Countrylifemag has been guest edited by The Prince of Wales to mark his birthday.
6:52 AM · Nov 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

From Country Life Magazine's twitter account
Country Life @Countrylifemag
HRH The Prince of Wales: 'We have a very short window of opportunity, which must not be squandered, in which to seize something good from this crisis' https://ift.tt/38ABX5F
5:39 PM · Nov 11, 2020·IFTTT​

The Prince of Wales guest edited this week issue of Country Life Magazine to mark his birthday

HRH The Prince of Wales: ‘We have a very short window of opportunity, which must not be squandered, in which to seize something good from this crisis’
As the country confronts another lockdown, The Prince of Wales applauds the stoicism of rural people and urges us to work with Nature to forge a brighter and greener future.
https://www.countrylife.co.uk/news/...gn=flipboard_rss_feed&utm_content=countrylife

From Clarence House's twitter account
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall @ClarenceHouse
“If we care about the health of our rural landscapes and communities, we must provide encouragement and support to those who are toiling away at their core.”
Released today, this week’s issue of @Countrylifemag has been guest edited by The Prince of Wales to mark his birthday.
6:52 AM · Nov 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

From Country Life Magazine's twitter account
Country Life @Countrylifemag
HRH The Prince of Wales: 'We have a very short window of opportunity, which must not be squandered, in which to seize something good from this crisis' https://ift.tt/38ABX5F
5:39 PM · Nov 11, 2020·IFTTT​

Ah, I believe he did this last year, right? Or maybe it was earlier this year...either way, I enjoyed his commentary then, and I enjoyed it now.

Charles has made a huge impact, regardless of how long his reign is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom