The Prince of Wales Current Events 13: June 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of HRH The Prince of Wales at Lloyd's of London today.

Prince Charles has done his own version of Desert Island Disks for the Hospital Broadcasting Association and picked out some interesting choices:

https://archive.ph/odIbK

Here's a video from the visit to Iceland Supermarket HQ in Deeside

The Prince also paid a visit to the Vaccine Factory Wockhardt UK in Wrexham.

Last edited:
The prince looks a bit shabby today; not as sharp as we are used to (probably it is because of the lack of overcoat in this weather).

Is Camilla not with the Prince today as well?

Camilla did five solo engagements in Wales today while Charles did two solo ones.

Clarence House
6th July, 2021
The Prince of Wales this morning visited Riversimple, Unit 32, Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Powys (Mrs Tia Jones).

His Royal Highness this afternoon received the Poet Laureate (Mr Simon Armitage).

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Hay-on-Wye and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Powys (Mrs Tia Jones).

Her Royal Highness visited Richard Booth’s Bookshop, 44 Lion Street.

The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited Addyman Books, 39 Lion Street.

Her Royal Highness subsequently visited Murder and Mayhem, 5 Lion Street.

The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards visited Shepherd’s Ice Cream Parlour, 9 High Town.

Her Royal Highness later received the Poet Laureate (Mr Simon Armitage).

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a bit weird how both of them separately (?) received the Poet Laureate this afternoon.

HM Lord-Lieutenant was also kept busy: first receiving the prince of Wales in the morning and his wife in the afternoon.

Looks like Camilla's events were all closely together based on the addresses provided. Looked it up: and even High Town was a parallel street. In total the distance between the 4 locations was about 350 feet.

I love to think of all those books so close together!

Seems a bit weird how both of them separately (?) received the Poet Laureate this afternoon.

HM Lord-Lieutenant was also kept busy: first receiving the prince of Wales in the morning and his wife in the afternoon.

Looks like Camilla's events were all closely together based on the addresses provided. Looked it up: and even High Town was a parallel street. In total the distance between the 4 locations was about 350 feet.

Hay on Wye is on my list for the next time I’m in the UK. I have books I’ve been searching for and I’m sure they must be there.

Hay on Wye is on my list for the next time I’m in the UK. I have books I’ve been searching for and I’m sure they must be there.

I think I've just added Hay on Wye to my bucket list too. If it has books, it gets my attention.

This is one thing I admire so much about Camilla. She's strong on advocating literacy and the love of reading a book. In this day of devices and instant communication and zoom classes, the joy of getting lost time traveling in a book is being relegated to a thing of the past and deemed "old school".

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read". ~ Groucho Marx (I never tire of posting this quote) :D

I think I've just added Hay on Wye to my bucket list too. If it has books, it gets my attention.

This is one thing I admire so much about Camilla. She's strong on advocating literacy and the love of reading a book. In this day of devices and instant communication and zoom classes, the joy of getting lost time traveling in a book is being relegated to a thing of the past and deemed "old school".

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read". ~ Groucho Marx (I never tire of posting this quote) :D

Osipi, have you seen the Duchess of Cornwall's Reading Room on Instagram. I've read a couple of the books she has recommended and they have been excellent choices - not books I would normally have picked up.

As the Reading Room is currently on a break, the Prince of Wales has just recommended 4 or 5 of his books. There's one I think might interest me but I have to say Camilla's taste is more mine than Charles'.

The Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at St James's Palace today, July 14.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick was made a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire:

** pa images **

And later he visited Goldman Sachs in London:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

Bravo to the Prince of Wales!!
"Many see the curlew’s wild presence as the soul of our countryside. They are well known for being a poet’s muse, playing a significant cultural role in art and literature. Despite this, the species is in crisis."

‘A moor without a curlew is like a night without the moon, and he who has not eye for the one and an ear for the other is a mere body without a soul.’ – George Bolam
https://www.creaturecandy.co.uk/blo...9/the-dramatic-decline-of-the-eurasian-curlew

I hope this is a successful launch. I live off a wildlife refuge and am delighted daily with it's beauty and amazing creatures of nature.

I had to google the bird, but a great initiative.

Today, July 28, the Prince of Wales met President Kenyatta of Kenya at Sandringham:

** Pic **

Later the Prince of Wales attended the dedication ceremony of the National UK Police Memorial at The National Memorial Arboretum in Stafford:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Also today a message on the occasion of the United Nations Food Systems Summit Pre-Summit has been released:

** un: Statement by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales .. **

Last edited:
For some reason a number of Heads of State are visiting the UK at the moment. They are noted in the CC as being greeted at various airports by someone representing The Queen. This is the first time one has met a member of the royal family.

It amazes me how often a HoS does visit the UK with no apparent meeting with the PM or a royal, and in groups like this.

No doubt there is a reason but I would love to know what the reason is ... maybe they should put that in the CC as well.

UPDATE - I now know the reason - there was a Global Education Summit at Lancaster House that Princess Anne attended (in the CC). At least this time we know why so many Heads of State and Heads of Government are in the UK but most times we don't get an event in the CC so don't know ... even though they are all 'welcomed' on behalf of Her Majesty by someone.

Last edited:
I wonder if this means Charles and Camilla are also starting their summer holidays? They normally go up to Scotland about now and stay until the end of September.

I wonder if this means Charles and Camilla are also starting their summer holidays? They normally go up to Scotland about now and stay until the end of September.

Seems so. In the past, their trip to the Sandringham Flower show typically marks the last engagement in England before moving to Birkhall, but that seems to have been missed this year.

HRH The Prince of Wales opened a Fish Markets during his Shetland Trip

Here are some photos and another video of the second day of the Prince of Wales‘ visit to Scotland today, July 30.

And note that the gettyimages gallery I‘ve posted yesterday has been updated with photos of today! ?

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Did Charles really end up laughing at Boris and the umbrella? It sounds like him, eventually, but you can see everyone else laughing much faster.

Isn't a substantial part of royal protocol not laughing when something ridiculous inevitably happens right next to you (because it will inevitably get in the media or offend somebody)?

Edit: Different angle, extended version, yes, he laughed, and the whole thing was something Mr. Bean apparently signed off on.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom