The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2019, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 29th October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, the Guild of St Bride, this evening attended a Journalists’ Commemorative Service in St Bride’s Church, Fleet Street, London EC4.

Court Circular 30th October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Women of the World Festival, this morning visited Mulberry School for Girls, Commercial Road, London E1, and was received by Dr Muhammad Bari (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 31st October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Royal Voluntary Service, this afternoon received Mr. Richard Greenhalgh upon relinquishing his appointment as Chairman of Trustees and Mr. Stephen Dunmore upon assuming the appointment.

Her Royal Highness, Vice Patron, the Royal Commonwealth Society, afterwards held a Reception at Buckingham Palace for The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition.

Old 12-04-2019, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Today, December 4, the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron visited Emmaus Greenwich in celebration of their 25th anniversary and as Patron she visited The Fan Museum and toured the latest exhibition in Greenwich, London:

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duchess Of Cornwall Undertakes Engagements In Greenwich ** rex gallery **

Old 12-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Videos of the Duchess today

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202199490251411456
https://twitter.com/i/status/1202212934589566978
https://twitter.com/i/status/1202213115515019269
https://twitter.com/i/status/1202235859149492227
https://twitter.com/i/status/1202261098650591235

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Greenwich.html
Old 12-05-2019, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th December:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Emmaus UK, this morning visited Emmaus Greenwich, Earl Rise, London SE18, and was received by Dr. Pieter van de Merwe (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, the Fan Museum, and President, the Royal Voluntary Service, afterwards attended a fan making class at the Fan Museum, Crooms Hill, London SE10.

Court Circular 11th December:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall, Royal Colonel 4th Battalion The Rifles, this afternoon received General Patrick Sanders (Colonel Commandant, The Rifles Regiment).
Old 12-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Today, December 12, the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Helen and Douglas House and Patron of the Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity received young people who benefit from the charities to decorate the Christmas Tree at Clarence House:

** Pic ** rex gallery ** video ** video 2 ** dailymail article **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: Duchess of Cornwall's Annual Childrens Christmas Party **
Old 12-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Completely and totally magical. I'm not sure who really stole the show the most though. Was it Cupid the reindeer? (Cupid is the most affectionate reindeer and brings people together) or Captain Charlie Ross of the Welsh Guard who, to the kids, looks like he's stepped right out of the Nutcracker.

Camilla does this every year and its something very endearing and meaningful to the kids and the charities that support them.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

This is one of my favorite events of the year, and it never, ever disappoints! I love watching Camilla interact with the children, and I love watching the children's faces. Magical, indeed!
Old 12-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Courtier

This children's event if one of my favorites of all of Camilla's annual events. I think she has as much fun as the kids. I'll bet she is a terrific grandmother.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's another video from todays Festive Christmas Tree decoration at Clarence House .Is this the 1st year for Reindeer's?

Old 12-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Majesty

It is pleasant to see the care that the Duchess takes to help the children hang the decorations on the tree.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is this the 1st year for Reindeer?
No, they were there last year as well
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12...4109877455.jpg
Old 12-13-2019, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla really seemed to be connecting with the reindeer in that picture. Guess that lessens the chances of her grandchildren giving truth to the song "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer".
Old 12-14-2019, 05:34 AM
Majesty

^^^^^ You wretch! I've got that darned irreverent Christmas song stuck in my brain and find myself humming and breaking into spontaneous verses at the most inappropriate times. My family hate it but it appeals to my warped sense of humour because come the season there's a real danger of sugar shock.😄
Old 12-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
^^^^^ You wretch! I've got that darned irreverent Christmas song stuck in my brain and find myself humming and breaking into spontaneous verses at the most inappropriate times. My family hate it but it appeals to my warped sense of humour because come the season there's a real danger of sugar shock.😄
Glad to be of service!
Old 12-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
It is pleasant to see the care that the Duchess takes to help the children hang the decorations on the tree.
Not only that, she also helps to serve lunch to the kids!

I think it might be her favourite engagement of the year. She's always so considerate, going all and above for the children and really trying to make their day special.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Camilla always seems to enjoy this event and it's lovely to see. I can imagine that she is a fantastic grandmother.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Silver Line UK has written an article for the Telegraph about the "importance of remembering those that may be lonely during the festive period":

** An article by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, written for The Telegraph, on loneliness at Christmas **
Old 01-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Rothesay (as Camilla is known in Scotland) will attend a special graduation ceremony to confer honorary degrees upon Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal and Professor Janet Darbyshire in her role as Chancellor of University of Aberdeen next Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...03789077680128
Old 01-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The Duchess of Rothesay (as Camilla is known in Scotland) will attend a special graduation ceremony to confer honorary degrees upon Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal
These two have become quite chummy lately.
Not i have my doubts mind you but after the "Purple sisters act" on Christmas it became quite obvious.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
These two have become quite chummy lately.

Not i have my doubts mind you but after the "Purple sisters act" on Christmas it became quite obvious.

They have known each other about 50 years!

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages