The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Thanks everyone. It was a surreal experience but a great one.

I had engagements all day today - it made me have real respect for the work the royals do. Day in and day out.

I don’t know if I could do it. It’s exhausting. Camilla must be built like a machine on the inside.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Fashion Maven for taking the time to share your experience with us here!

Old 03-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Big Lunch attended a Commonwealth Big Lunch with pupils from Barn Croft Primary School in Walthamstow today, March 13:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 03-13-2018, 09:15 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cornwall visited Barn Croft Primary School today where pupils took part in Commonwealth themed activities as part of their Big Lunch event.

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...96679495614465
Old 03-21-2018, 03:06 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the National Literacy Trust attended a reception to mark the charity's 25th anniversary at Plaisterers' Hall today, March 21:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **
Old 04-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much for the first hand account, FashionMaven! Nice to see your lovely face, too. Nice to hear that Charles is dashing and charming, and of course we always hear that Camilla is down to earth and natural. So all the stories are true! A lovely story.

I resonate to your observation regarding how exhausting that life style is. I would never willingly choose it for myself, so to born into it and be required to do it, I don't know.....must be hard to get reconciled to imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Soooo I was actually at this reception. I'm in the big group photo - I'm the woman standing right behind the woman in the red turtleneck just behind Camilla.

It was an AMAZING reception. I missed my photo opp with Camilla because I was talking to Lady Sarah Chatto (!). She was super sweet - we talked about my role in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and specifically my new role at a major American tech company. Up close she just looks strikingly like Princess Margaret.

Hilariously after she moved on after our conversation, one of the women with me told me, "That's Princess Margaret's daughter, and HMQ's niece... watch The Crown and you'll see!" I laughed because I 1) knew very well who she was thanks to everyone here and 2) I've binged The Crown more times than is natural,

I met Louise Martin who is organizing the Commonwealth Games and Jo Swinson of Parliament. I asked Louise if she's sleeping much and she laughed and said no. I said you can sleep after the games in April and she looked so impressed that I knew about them at all!

I also met Annie Lennox, who I didn't recognize at first - I was so startled when she introduced herself that I reacted like "Oh, you are, aren't you!" and she laughed. Everyone laughed actually.

To be surrounded by so many amazing women - especially Jude Kelly who created WOW - what an awesome experience.

For those of you wondering how I got connected to this, being from America - I was part of a delegation that is bringing WOW to the US at scale. So we're doing a million events while we're here (just spoke at JP Morgan) and this reception at Clarence House was one of those events. I'm speaking on a Panel tomorrow at WOW as well.

Also - Prince Charles drove up just as we were walking to Clarence House - he was in full regalia - what a lovely surprise to see him - so dashing and charming.

Camilla was so down to earth and natural - I came away from this with an immense amount of respect for her... I'm bummed I missed my photo opp with her, but I was talking to Lady Sarah and felt it would be rude to walk away until she was finished with our conversation.

The one thing I want to get across was just how approachable and congenial EVERYONE was. Women took me under their wing and dragged me around to meet all of these lovely women. Jo Swinson of Parliament was literally the reason I met Lady Sarah - she personally walked me over to her to make the introductions.

I'm still reeling from how amazing it all was.

All of those amazing women.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 23rd May:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust, this evening attended a Dinner at the Ritz Hotel, Piccadilly, London W1, to mark the Tenth Anniversary of The Duchess of Cornwall's Presidency.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 6th June:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, this morning accompanied The Queen at a demonstration by the Charity's bio-detection dogs to mark its Tenth Anniversary, the Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, St. John's Smith Square Charitable Trust, this evening attended a Concert at St. John's Smith Square, London SW1, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).
Old 06-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the live broadcast of the final of BBC Radio 2's 500 Words creative writing competition and a reception at Hampton Court Palace today, June 8:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Camilla urges children to ‘never say no to adventures’ as she joins Chris Evans for a creative writing event..**
Old 06-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Today, June 21, the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Garden Museum to view a special British Flowers Week exhibition in collaboration with New Covent Garden Flower Market. As Patron of Floral Angels (who recycle donated flowers) she viewed a flower demonstration by some Floral Angels volunteers:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

As Joint President of the Elephant Family she later officially launched the 'Concours d'éléphant' at the The Oriental Club:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: They smell blooming lovely! The Duchess of Cornwall buries her nose in a fragrant bouquet...**
Old 06-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall is the new Patron of the Royal Society of Literature, it was announced today. She is taking over the patronage from Queen Elizabeth:

** Announcement **

This evening, June 27, she attended a reception hosted by The Royal Society of Literature in London:

** dailymail: Purple reign! Camilla, 70, cuts a stylish figure in lilac two-piece at a British Library event celebrating young writers **
Old 06-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall attends The Royal Society of Literature '40 Under 40' fellow induction at The British Library on June 27, in London, The Duchess is Patron of a number of literacy organisations including the National Literacy Trust, Book Trust, Beanstalk and First Story

https://www.gettyimages.de/search/ev...ssettype=image

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...ction,_london?
Old 06-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Old 06-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 28th June:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, this evening held a Dinner to mark the Twentieth Anniversary of Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust.

Court Circular 10th July:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, held a Tenth Anniversary Reception for First Story at Clarence House.

Court Circular 12th July:

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, the New Queen’s Hall Orchestra, this morning held a Meeting.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 24th August:
The Duchess of Rothesay, Honorary Member, the Upper Deeside Art Society, this evening visited the Annual Exhibition at Victoria Hall, Station Square, Ballater, Aberdeenshire.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 5th September:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, the Royal British Legion Poppy Factory, this afternoon received Mrs Sara Jones upon relinquishing her appointment as President and Rear Admiral Lionel Jarvis upon assuming the appointment.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, the Royal British Legion Poppy Factory, this evening held a Reception.

https://twitter.com/PoppyFactory/sta...07534147223554

Court Circular 6th September:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, this afternoon held a Tea at Dumfries House.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Rothesay as President of Maggie's Centres visited the charity's Glasgow centre today, September 7.

She also visited The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre in Glasgow to hear more about the work of Target Ovarian Cancer:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Today, October 17, the Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception hosted by Lord (Tariq) Ahmad, Minister of State for the Commonwealth and UN, to mark The Royal Commonwealth Society's 150th anniversary.

During the event it was announced that the Duchess of Cornwall will become "the first ever Vice-Patron" of the Royal Commonwealth Society London "in recognition of her commitment to the Commonwealth".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** pa gallery **
Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 17th October:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Barnardo's, this morning received Mr. Anthony Cohen upon relinquishing his appointment as Chairman of the Board of Trustees and Mrs. Wendy Becker upon assuming the appointment.

Her Royal Highness, Vice Patron, this evening attended a Reception to mark the One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the Royal Commonwealth Society at Lancaster House, London SW1.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall is to be the first-ever patron of the National Stud.

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall appointed Patron of The National Stud | The Jockey Club

An article about the reception tonight

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...hion-show.html

The Duchess of Cornwall is visiting the inspirational Mulberry School for Girls in East London today.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...458817/photo/2

Short videos

https://twitter.com/i/status/1189503622515744769
https://twitter.com/i/status/1189496460930441216

The Duchess Of Cornwall Vice-Patron of The Royal Commonwealth Society, ,Hosts A Reception For Winners Of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2019 at Buckingham Palace today

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...eption,_london

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages