The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, how beautiful...I saw this a few minutes ago and I still have tears in my eyes. Who knows how many Christmas’ these kids will have, and Camilla made it happen for them and their families....You can tell how much this means to her, and to them....

This event has always been one of my favorites that Camilla does each year. It has always meant so much to the kids and adds a touch of Christmas magic. I always thought that the presence of the Queen's Guards (the guys in the red coats) added a sense of "The Nutcracker" to the scene. ?

Wonderful video and indeed the duchess was lucky to have such a tall soldier to help decorate that tree.

Wow, how beautiful...I saw this a few minutes ago and I still have tears in my eyes. Who knows how many Christmas’ these kids will have, and Camilla made it happen for them and their families....You can tell how much this means to her, and to them....

I know exactly how you feel. It's wonderful for the children and families but a bit poignant too. This event has been an ongoing tradition for thirteen years now and Camilla has always been very hands on for the in-person gathering. She'd be right in there serving the kid friendly meals, passing out gifts and chatting with the parents and all of their children. No doubt she's also quietly passed a hankie to an overwhelmed parent/guardian and listened to them as they expressed their joy, sadness, and weariness.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of GIVIT Australia has sent a birthday message marking the 12th birthday of GIVIT:

You know, it's an absolute fact that these charity workers to so much for no pay an d little reward which is why a Royal mark of appreciation really makes them feel good, vindicated in the worth of what they do. A thankyou from a politician will never hold as much weight or significance.

Long may they continue on this " outdated" habit of saying 'Thank You'.

She has become such an asset for the BRF. Not that i had my doubts minf you, but the current crisis is enlighting her deep and sincere involvements in such important causes.

Last edited:
The thing about Camilla that impresses me the most is her ability to connect the "Firm" with the people she meets. You really get the sense that she's doing what she's doing because she honestly cares and wants to be involved and meets the people she does on an equal level as in "we're all here for the same reason". For a woman that at first was iffy about having a public life, she's adapted to it like a hand sliding into a well fitted kid glove. ?

She doesn't play to be outstanding for accolades or being a clothes horse. She's down to earth and real and that's what connects her to people. Sophie and Catherine exhibit the same traits and that's what makes them so successful as "Team Windsor".

Once again a grassroots need addressed further. My respect for Camilla's choice of charities continues to grow and I know, just as with her others, she will meet sme of those aided by this initiative at some time.

Camilla's work ethic is truly inspirational. It's not just PR shots and flowers, but rather "roll up your sleeves and get stuck in". Since she started this work later in life, I am awed by both her physical and emotional stamina.

It seems she never takes the easy option.

What a wonderful video call with Rachel and Suzanne from SafeLives and I also noticed that beautiful fire in the background at Clarence House.

Today, February 23, the Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Royal Voluntary Service visited visited Wembley NHS Vaccination and met RVS Volunteers and NHS Volunteer Responder Stewards supporting the UK vaccination rollout and thanked them for their service:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Duchess of Cornwall as Vice President launched The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021:

As President of the Royal Osteoporosis Society the Duchess of Cornwall donated a private tour of Clarence House for Mother’s Day Raffle in support of the society:

** Auction Link March 1 **

** hellomagazine article: Duchess of Cornwall offers special tour of Clarence House **

What a great donation. There are many people who would love a personal tour of that. Thats the kind of item that should get a good donation in.

My mother was telling me of her neighbor tonight who suffers severe osteoperosis and arthritis (the amount she has shrunk is incredible). My parents are sad as she is moving but she is moving into a progressive seniors home (it starts out like an apartment but the amount of care you can get progresses with your health) as it has an elevator and care for her health. The talk made me think of Camilla and her dedication to this charity. It is really such an important cause.

What a marvellous prize for one lucky person! If only Covid had not placed restrictions on flights..
Camilla's generous donation illuminates the importance of finding ways to combat Osteoporosis.

Just reading this made me eat a slice of cheese and carry two heavy buckets of water to my dogs.

Last edited:
As someone that has severe osteoporosis, I love seeing Camilla being so involved with this issue. Many believe that it's just the bones of a person that is affected. Actually, this isn't true. Along with having very fragile bones and shrinking even shorter than I already was, having end stage chronic kidney disease and secondary hyperthyroidism also come into play here.

I'd love to win that tour of Clarence House myself. It's big though and I'd probably need to borrow hubby's up walker to see everything. :D

Interview with HRH The Duchess discussing the importance of books and reading to mark Commonwealth Wealth Day 2021 at Poet's Corner in Westminster Abbey.

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the WOW - Women of the World Foundation has joined a virtual reception to mark the International Women‘s Day today, March 8:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Here's a video from today's visit to Whittington Hospital

The Duchess of Cornwall has sent a message for the start of Volunteers Week 2021:

** Message **

" As the proud Patron, I would like to thank all those who have been celebrating the vital importance of local communities with The Big Lunch this weekend. I do hope that you have all been blessed with sunshine, good food and good conversation!

- The Duchess of Cornwall"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPynxW7AEBo/

The Duchess of Cornwall as Vice-Patron of the Royal Academy of Dance viewed "On Point: Royal Academy of Dance at 100", a "free display curated between V&A and RAD celebrating 100 years of RAD telling the story of how it shaped the future of dance training" today, June 9:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

The Duchess of Cornwall has sent a message „to families being supported by hospices, and the staff and volunteers“ to mark the start of Children’s Hospice Week:

** Message **

Today, June 22, the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the National Literacy Trust and Joint President of Elephant Family launched the Story Trail at a picnic with pupils in St James Park and she opened the new „ Life-changing Library“ at Griffin Primary School:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Royal Voluntary Service sent a message for today’s Thank You Day:

“On this very special #ThankYouDay, I wanted to say a heartfelt “Cheers” to every single one of this country’s wonderful volunteers, who have made such an enormous difference to us all over the past year.”

** Pic ** Post **

A super toast that would have most people in sincere agreement.

Camilla looks fabulous, as does the beverage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom