The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Cornwall hands out luxury toiletries to rape victims 'to make them feel more human' | Mail Online

A very laudable initiative. It is a simple thing but IMHO so very valuable. I know police is often helpless when rape victims finally come to report the crime because the first thing they did was shower, so destroying evidence on their body. So this really is the first thing a victim wants to do.

The gesture of giving them high quality products in order to help them "feel human" again is so warm-hearted, caring and surely very, very helpful. For nothing can raise your spirit in such a situation like the smell of something so very costly - and it shows the victims that there are people who treasure them and their body with this offer of toiletries.

I'm glad Camilla and her team managed to get the donations from the up-market producers and the knowledge that these wash bags were packed at Clarence House will give it additional value.

Great idea, Camilla!:flowers:

Duchess of Cornwall hands out luxury toiletries to rape victims 'to make them feel more human' | Mail Online

A very laudable initiative. It is a simple thing but IMHO so very valuable. I know police is often helpless when rape victims finally come to report the crime because the first thing they did was shower, so destroying evidence on their body. So this really is the first thing a victim wants to do.

The gesture of giving them high quality products in order to help them "feel human" again is so warm-hearted, caring and surely very, very helpful. For nothing can raise your spirit in such a situation like the smell of something so very costly - and it shows the victims that there are people who treasure them and their body with this offer of toiletries.

I'm glad Camilla and her team managed to get the donations from the up-market producers and the knowledge that these wash bags were packed at Clarence House will give it additional value.

Great idea, Camilla!:flowers:

That really is totally lovely. I wish her work got more attention- I really love a lot of her projects.

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the United Kingdom Vineyards Association attended a reception to celebrate the English and Welsh wine industry at Vintners' Hall in London on February 13, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Congrats to HRH on her new role. I look forward to her installation ceremony.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Booktrust visited the West Greenwich Library to launch Booktrust's 'Get Dads Reading' campaign with best-selling author, James Patterson today, February 21, 2013:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

My mother have a lot of his books.

I love the Duchess's passion for promoting literacy and reading. I feel that the love of reading is not cultivated as much as it ought to be. So many kids would rather play video games than read a book,. Now, mind you, a lot of times it has to do with the fact that the books in the classroom/school library are just not appealing to the children, but that just means that teachers should put in more effort in trying to find out what interests each child and try to stock up the classroom library accordingly.

I love the Duchess's passion for promoting literacy and reading. I feel that the love of reading is not cultivated as much as it ought to be. So many kids would rather play video games than read a book,. Now, mind you, a lot of times it has to do with the fact that the books in the classroom/school library are just not appealing to the children, but that just means that teachers should put in more effort in trying to find out what interests each child and try to stock up the classroom library accordingly.

That isn't always possible when there are limits on the school budget.

It is really nice to see how hardworking Camilla really is. I think she will make a fantastic Queen Consort and definitely deserves that title. :)

Whilst acclimatising to the heat prior to their recent tour, Camilla took time out to check up on one of her charities - really interesting - which is an animal charity which is focusing on the care and welfare of animlas used at the Petra site.

The Duchess of Cornwall supports animal charity while in Jordan | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

I love that Camilla is a patron of groups that protect animals!The pic of her with the horse is just precious!

I love that despite hating the extreme heat of the Middle East she spent longer than was required so that she could be at her best for the official stuff - a true professional.

I love that despite hating the extreme heat of the Middle East she spent longer than was required so that she could be at her best for the official stuff - a true professional.

Quite right.

She goes about her business quietly and efficiently and professionally. Preparing thoroughly in private and, when she is in the public eye, demonstrating the perfect demeanor. Showing the right level of interest in the subject and not drawing attention to herself. Just getting the job done with a wonderful sense of humour and a minimum of fuss. That is why I admire her and always have.

She goes about her business quietly and efficiently and professionally. Preparing thoroughly in private and, when she is in the public eye, demonstrating the perfect demeanor. Showing the right level of interest in the subject and not drawing attention to herself. Just getting the job done with a wonderful sense of humour and a minimum of fuss. That is why I admire her and always have.

Well said!

She really is an asset to the royal family.

I think many people underestimate Camilla, then she proves them wrong!

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of First Story hosted a tea party to celebrate the 5th anniversary of First Story at Clarence House today, April 23.

As Patron of The Big Lunch she also presented The Big Lunch Community Awards at Clarence House today.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

** pp: Camilla Parker Bowles : Sourires et rires pour un anniversaire sous le soleil **

** birminghammail.co.uk: Future Queen and soap Queen join forces to honour Birmingham residents **

** hellomagazine: The Duchess of Cornwall and Barbara Windsor join forces for the Big Lunch initiative **

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of First Story hosted a tea party to celebrate the 5th anniversary of First Story at Clarence House today, April 23.

As Patron of The Big Lunch she also presented The Big Lunch Community Awards at Clarence House today.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Lovely pictures. good to see Camilla back on the job.

Last edited:
Very nice to see the children very excited about reading. Very nice that Camilla took up Diana's former presidency of Barnardo’s. A very worthy charity.

On May 9 the Duchess of Cornwall as President of Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres attended a reception to thank 'House + Garden' readers who have opened their gardens as part of the magazine's campaign to raise money for Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres at Vogue House in London.

** zimbio gallery: Arrivals at the Vogue House Tea Party **

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) attended a Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate the charity's 75th anniversary at St Paul's Cathedral today, May 22.

The RVS, previously known as the Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS), is a charity organisation that helps older people live independent lives across Great Britain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** express.co.uk: The Duchess of Cornwall proves she's as stylish as ever in matching monochrome **

Another busy day for Camilla. She attaneded the service at St Pauls and then appeared at the BP Garden party.

The Duchess of Cornwall has been in Wiltshire today, June 2nd. As Patron of the Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust and the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Charitable Trust she attendd a charitable garden open day at Middlewick House, Corsham, Wiltshire and as Patron of The Big Lunch she attended a community 'Big Lunch' event at the Mead Community Primary School, Trowbridge, Wiltshire.

** itv.com: Camilla attends charity event **

** belfasttelegraph.co.uk: Duchess joins Big Lunch festivities **

** thisiswiltshire.co.uk: Duchess visits Trowbridge school for a spot of lunch **

** gazetteandherald.co.uk: Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason welcomes Camilla back to her old home ground **

** pp gallery: Camilla Parker Bowles : Journée conviviale et bucolique, Nick Mason ravi **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom