The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even choose a favorite picture, but I think Camila had a shadow in the form of the little boy in the collared shirt and sweater vest :D. He was in so many pictures, and almost always by the Duchess. The little girl in the dress similar shade as Camilla's was precious. She was hamming up with white stole :D. This would be a great event to volunteer at.

Those pics melted my heart. Love the DOC's outfit too-
@ Daria- Oh, boy, oh boy, can I ever see RH at this event! ;) Said it once in my reply to your profile comment, that I just now got and replied to, but had to say it again!

Those pics melted my heart. Love the DOC's outfit too-
@ Daria- Oh, boy, oh boy, can I ever see RH at this event! ;) Said it once in my reply to your profile comment, that I just now got and replied to, but had to say it again!

Robert Hardy would have had a blast, and the event would have been even more merrier (if that's possible, because by looking at the children's faces, they're having the time of their lives there). The Duchess looks fabulous, but is doing an even more fabulous thing for those who may not be able to have Christmas at home this season.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Maggies Cancer Charity participated in the ICAP Charity
Day at ICAP in London on December 7, 2011 in support of Maggies Cancer Charity.

The event is organized to support various charities.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

And here's an additional article about yesterday's event:

** dailymail: 'It puts everything in perspective': Camilla fights back tears as she invites disabled children to deck the halls of Clarence House **

The Duchess of Cornwall choked back tears as she decorated her Christmas tree at Clarence House with a group of severely disabled children yesterday.Camilla was particularly taken with three-year-old Finley Middleton, who suffers from a combination of restricted growth and immune deficiency problems, as she handed him a glittering stocking to hang on the evergreen at her London residence. 'Here you are Finley, let's do this together,' she said as she knelt down by his side while his mother, Michaela Middleton, from Bicester in Oxfordshire looked on in tears. Afterwards she told the Mail: 'It just makes you realise how lucky you are. Honestly, it was all I could do not to cry. It puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?'

Each year Prince Charles’s wife invites a group of youngsters from the Helen and Douglas House Hospice, a charity providing respite and end of life care for seriously ill children, and the London Taxidrivers’ Fund for Underprivileged Children, to tea. The 16 youngsters met the duchess in the Morning Room before she invited them to each take a decoration to put on her tree helped by her equerry. Captain Charles Fraser-Samson, who was dressed in his Welsh Guards uniform, allowed some of the goggle-eyed children to try on his bear skin and even helped them to place their decoration on with his sword.

Afterwards the excited group feasted on apple juice, mini sandwiches and bite-sized cupcakes as Camilla walked round the table handing out goodie bags filled with sweets and Christmas gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:

** dailymail: 'It puts everything in perspective': Camilla fights back tears as she invites disabled children to deck the halls of Clarence House **

The Duchess of Cornwall choked back tears as she decorated her Christmas tree at Clarence House with a group of severely disabled children yesterday.Camilla was particularly taken with three-year-old Finley Middleton, who suffers from a combination of restricted growth and immune deficiency problems, as she handed him a glittering stocking to hang on the evergreen at her London residence. 'Here you are Finley, let's do this together,' she said as she knelt down by his side while his mother, Michaela Middleton, from Bicester in Oxfordshire looked on in tears. Afterwards she told the Mail: 'It just makes you realise how lucky you are. Honestly, it was all I could do not to cry. It puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?'

Each year Prince Charles’s wife invites a group of youngsters from the Helen and Douglas House Hospice, a charity providing respite and end of life care for seriously ill children, and the London Taxidrivers’ Fund for Underprivileged Children, to tea. The 16 youngsters met the duchess in the Morning Room before she invited them to each take a decoration to put on her tree helped by her equerry. Captain Charles Fraser-Samson, who was dressed in his Welsh Guards uniform, allowed some of the goggle-eyed children to try on his bear skin and even helped them to place their decoration on with his sword.

Afterwards the excited group feasted on apple juice, mini sandwiches and bite-sized cupcakes as Camilla walked round the table handing out goodie bags filled with sweets and Christmas gifts.
This melted my heart all over again, brought tears to the eyes. Jolly well done, Camilla!

Awesome pics!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wonderful action from the Duchess to receive those kids. It seems to have been a great time for everyone: the Duchess, the kids, the mothers and the equirry. How fun it must have been to that boy to try the equerry's bear-skin :royalguard:

Camilla is really great with kids:flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Maggies Cancer Charity participated in the ICAP Charity
Day at ICAP in London on December 7, 2011 in support of Maggies Cancer Charity.

The event is organized to support various charities.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

This melted my heart all over again, brought tears to the eyes. Jolly well done, Camilla!

Rose, you and me both. This is what Christmas is all about; helping others feel better and give them something to cherish and rejoice over. Her Highness has even more respect and admiration from me. Yet another royal who would have been a wonderful special education teacher.

Two patronage related events for the Duchess of Cornwall today, December 8:

As Patron of the National Literacy Trust she hosted a reception to mark the Trust's one millionth
child beneficiary at Clarence House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And as Patron of Wicked Young Writers Award she was present at the Wicked Young Writers Award
ceremony at the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** PA: Camilla honours budding writers **

Camilla has certainly been busy lately.

I believe that the gentleman assisting Camilla with today's events is the author Michael Morpurgo, who wrote the magnificent War Horse which has just been turned into a Hollywood film by Steven Spielberg.

It's great that Camila supports organizations that promote literacy. Being a huge fan of 'Wicked' (book and production), I'm happy to see it being involved as well.

It's fun to note that Camila and Mr. Morpurgo are wearing 'Wicked' colors (she's in pink and he in a black suit and green tie). And to quote the show 'pink goes good with green' :D.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus UK has visited the Emmaus Greenwich
charity shop and community in Greenwich yesterday, December 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the British Equestrian Federation presented the prizes
at the Christmas Speed Stakes at the London International Horse Show at Olympia in West
London on December 15.

** Pic **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the National Literacy Trust launched the 2012 National Literacy
Trust’s Premier League Reading Stars programme with footballers and students at the Emirates Stadium,
London, today, January 26, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** ** thestar.com gallery ** AP/daylife gallery **

** dailymail: She can't be worse than Arshavin! Wenger turns to Royalty to boost Arsenal's season **

** express.co.uk: WATCH OUT WENGER! CAMILLA EYES THE MANAGER'S SEAT AT THE EMIRATES **

Thank you Iceflower.

I've noticed that the broach the Duchess is wearing is in the shape of a koala. A nice nod to Australia Day.

You are most welcome, VictoriaB! :flowers:

Yesterday, January 31, the Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Brooke, an international animal
welfare organisation dedicated to alleviating the suffering of horses, donkeys and mules in the developing
world, held a reception to celebrate the charity's work with women overseas at Clarence House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** PA: Duchess salutes power of women **

Like the article, thanks for posting!

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus UK has visited the Emmaus Cambridge community
and visited their charity shop and warehouse, Green End, Landbeach, Cambridge, yesterday,
February 8, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Last edited:
:previous: I would have to agree with you, KittyAtlanta. The Duchess would pull that look off quite nicely

A CT scanner for horses? Amazing! We have come a long way from the days of James Herriot....;)

A CT scanner for horses? Amazing! We have come a long way from the days of James Herriot....;)

Those pictures simply shouted 'All Creatures Great and Small' (for me, anyway). I was waiting for Sigfried, James and Tristan to make an appearance. I'm glad that medicine is making advances in all areas, whether human or animal.

Those pictures simply shouted 'All Creatures Great and Small' (for me, anyway). I was waiting for Sigfried, James and Tristan to make an appearance. I'm glad that medicine is making advances in all areas, whether human or animal.
Same here. With all the horses, I kept waiting for the person in bold....;)

Same here. With all the horses, I kept waiting for the person in bold....;)

Well, naturally :D. Sigfried would have made the animals' day. But it seems that Camila is not doing too badly either.

" Darrowby, 385, this is Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Mr. Farnon's new assistant speaking? How may I help you?"
:lol:

" Darrowby, 385, this is Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Mr. Farnon's new assistant speaking? How may I help you?"
:lol:

:ROFLMAO: :D Now I just got a mental picture of Camila actually doing something like that. I think, in reality, she may very well enjoy actually doing some hands-on stuff with our furry companions, regardless of them being great or small :lol:.

Let's remember, that one of the signs of being a good person is the fact that animals are not afraid to come to you and and interact. Camila certainly has no issues in that area.

:ROFLMAO: :D Now I just got a mental picture of Camila actually doing something like that. I think, in reality, she may very well enjoy actually doing some hands-on stuff with our furry companions, regardless of them being great or small :lol:.

Let's remember, that one of the signs of being a good person is the fact that animals are not afraid to come to you and and interact. Camila certainly has no issues in that area.
No, no, she's very gifted in this area, but no one can top Siegfried. I have never seen anyone, besides RH come close to S. in terms of rapport with animals.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom