The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything of the Duchess and her back? It's been a while since we have seen her? The 19th?

Has anyone heard anything of the Duchess and her back? It's been a while since we have seen her? The 19th?

18th December, International Horse Show. Nothing anywhere

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (or to be correct the Duke & Duchess of Rothesay) attended morning service at Crathie Kirk last Sunday.

Thanks to both Cepe and Camsterlaird! In return, I just looked at the etymology of Crathie and it refers to stony ridges or land. Word of the day!

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a reception in celebration of Australian food and drink, to mark Australia Day on 26 January.

The Duchess of Cornwall received the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show presenter Chris Evans at Clarence House today, January 20, following the launch of the children's story-writing competition 500 Words, which Camilla is supporting this year.

I'm happy to see the DoC sponsoring something like this that will be a competition. I don't know about all of you but I can remember cringing when assigned to do an essay "in 500 words or more" (usually on some ghastly subject). To this day, I still somewhat enjoy writing. This contest encourages creativity and imagination and I'd love to read the winning entries.

I think Camilla's work with literacy for all ages goes largely unnoticed. I guess it isn't 'sexy' enough. But when it comes to kids and literacy she is uniquely qualified as a hands on Gran.

She seems to translate familial relationships to her interaction with young children and literacy to terrific effect and let's be honest here, who wouldn't love to hear stories with our much loved Gran. I am guessing more than a few of us have life-long memories of our grandparents, and family other than our parents, reading to us.

Taking on this Essay Competition is a logical progression and while it looks to be fun it's a daunting challenge for the particepants . . . 'and for your mid term exam, a 500 word essay' . . . . are words that sent a chill down my spine on more than one occasion. But somehow I think Camilla will make it sound fun.

It's good to see Camilla again. I hope her back is better.

I'm happy to see the DoC sponsoring something like this that will be a competition. I don't know about all of you but I can remember cringing when assigned to do an essay "in 500 words or more" (usually on some ghastly subject). To this day, I still somewhat enjoy writing. This contest encourages creativity and imagination and I'd love to read the winning entries.

I think Camilla's work with literacy for all ages goes largely unnoticed. I guess it isn't 'sexy' enough. But when it comes to kids and literacy she is uniquely qualified as a hands on Gran.

She seems to translate familial relationships to her interaction with young children and literacy to terrific effect and let's be honest here, who wouldn't love to hear stories with our much loved Gran. I am guessing more than a few of us have life-long memories of our grandparents, and family other than our parents, reading to us.

Taking on this Essay Competition is a logical progression and while it looks to be fun it's a daunting challenge for the particepants . . . 'and for your mid term exam, a 500 word essay' . . . . are words that sent a chill down my spine on more than one occasion. But somehow I think Camilla will make it sound fun.
@ Osipi- I love writing short stories!

@ MARG- You really struck a nerve! I think you're absolutely right. There's something about Grammys, and I'm not talking about the musical award here. When my Grammy died, I told my Mom I didn't want to be read to at bedtime anymore. Mind you, both Grammy and Mom both read to me a lot more than bedtime, but Grammy was the best. When she died, it made me too sad- it wasn't the same. Am I making sense?
Of course now as an adult- I read by myself- Mom was sad when I stopped wanting a bedtime story, but she understood.
I do have a little confession however- I love listening to actor Robert Hardy tell a story, and lots of kids agree with me! There's something magical about it that I can't put into words- and that reminds me of Grammy. Story time is hands down my favorite memory of her.

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
The Duchess of Cornwall, Royal Colonel, 4th Battalion, The Rifles will visit their training facilities in Wiltshire on 11 February.

Found the answer to my question.

It was Saturday November 10, 2007 at the service of remembrance at the Cenotaph in London with members of the War Widows Association that Prince Charles is Patron.

Thanks

Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall Royal Colonel, 4th Battalion, The Rifles will visit the training facilities and meet soldiers and family members at Ward Barracks, Bulford, Wiltshire-

Home - ITNSource News

Camilla really is a lovely, lovely, lovely lady. When I think about a warm, good-natured and approachable lady in the British royal family, I think about Camilla.

. The Duchess of Cornwall was in Wiltshire today, February 24. She visited Dents Fine Accessories, the British heritage glove maker which started in 1777, and as Patron of Community First she visited the charity's new offices and attended a reception to mark the charity's 50th anniversary.
** gettyimages gallery **

** itv.com: The Duchess of Cornwall meets Wiltshire glove makers **

** wiltshiretimes.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall visits Warminster glove factory **

It's National Dog Treat day here in the US. I'm guessing in the UK, too?

Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall was only too happy to give one lucky pooch a special treat - a doggy cake. Black Labrador Ruby lapped up the dessert, which was made to appeal to the canine's taste and was even decorated with bone-shaped biscuits. Camilla smiled and patted the rescue dog as she fed her the treat while on a tour of a glove maker that first opened its doors for business in 1777. Camilla also held a pair of 400-year-old gloves which belonged to Sir Walter Raleigh. .

Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom