The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just the search heading, they never changed it. In the text she is listed as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

One day they might get it right. They either list her as still married to Andrew or as divorced from Charles but never with her title as Charles' wife.

Camilla, Duchess of Camilla is the form she would use if she was divorced - just as Diana went from HRH The Princess of Wales to Diana, Princess of Wales and Sarah went from HRH The Duchess of York to Sarah, Duchess of York when they were divorced.

Yes, I find it very interesting that she is in the literary clubs...

Video:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has attended the Man Booker prize giving in London. Richard Flanagan, Australian author of a visceral book about wartime brutality and its aftermath received his award from the Duchess-
Home - ITNSource News

Always pleasant to see Camilla out and about and she look very nice and approachable. Got herself a hug and kiss.

Today, October 15, the Duchess of Cornwall was in Kent today and visited Saint Ronan's School in Hawkhurst.
Camilla's late brother Mark Shand attended the school from 1959 - 1964. A new sports facility was named in memory of him.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** itv.com video: Duchess of Cornwall visits Kent school **

** kentonline.co.uk: Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, visits St Ronan's School in Hawkhurst and Chapel Down Winery in Tenterden **

** dailymail: Camilla's tribute to her tragic brother: The Duchess of Cornwall unveils a memorial to Mark Shand at his old primary school **

Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall has been to visit the former school of her late brother, Mark Shand. Camilla opened the new all-weather pitch at St Ronan's School in memory of Mark, who died earlier this year-
Home - ITNSource News

Wacky stuff. The DM reported this today:
Duchess of Cornwall pleads with country to support credit unions | Daily Mail Online
But nothing announced on the POW website: http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news-and-diary . Also no tweets from Clence House - and the Duchess was at a Winery today (and so was I - who knew). https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse

I bothered to check because I think putting the paycheck loan sharks out of business would be a great thing. Apologies to any forum members who work in a check-into-cash establishment, I just think interest rates that abuse the poor exclusively are not a very morally defensible.

So, I wonder if Rebecca's report in the DM has any truth to it? There is a wicked bit of my soul that hopes someone fed her a bit of bad fish and she still bit on it! ;)

Last edited:
Clarence House tweets today: "Her Royal Highness is a strong supporter of #creditunions and the role they can play in their local communities" So it is true!

And from the POW site: Credit Unions

That's rather a diffrent statement than the DM spin on it. No surprise. :eek:

Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall has attended the British Food Fortnight's 'National Harvest Festival Service' at Birmingham Cathedral in the West Midlands today, before meeting school children from across the country who have presented boxes of harvest produce which they have grown themselves. .

Home - ITNSource News

What a trooper! I like her new shoes and the deeper or more vibrant lipcolor. She looks fabu.

Video:
Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, Patron The Friends of Erlestoke Prison, met members of staff, prisoners, Friends volunteers and supporters during a visit to Erlestoke Prison, Erlestoke, Devizes, Wiltshire this morning. .

Home - ITNSource News

The Duchess of Cornwall on behalf of Queen Elizabeth, who is Patron of The Royal Commonwealth Society, held a reception for the winners and runners up of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2015 at Buckingham Palace today, November 19:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

I really like that picture of Camilla. It is formal yet it shows her with a kind of halo of softness around her. This was a fitting engagement for her to represent the Queen as she is very much an advocate of literacy and reading. I would bet my last burrito with sour cream that she's probably read the winning essays too.

Wow, makes you want to call her " Your Majesty". First time I've felt that vibe from her. I sure get it a lot from William. But this is the first time I've gotten a peek into her future!
Looks a bit like she tasted something nasty in that shot, but still regal no doubt!

She certainly looks very comfortable in what clearly appears to be her destiny.

She's wearing her hair much shorter recently.

Yes. At a certain age, the big Farrah Fawcett pouf becomes a bit ridiculous. This is a much more appropriate length for her.

Yes. At a certain age, the big Farrah Fawcett pouf becomes a bit ridiculous. This is a much more appropriate length for her.

I think as long as she keeps the hair off her face, she is fine. When it has not been done properly, it often covers half her cheeks, and I think that can be quite ageing.

Yes this new hair style really suits her, it is softer and not so full around the face, she is looking very good these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom