The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall visited the annual British Flowers Week exhibition at the Garden Museum in London today, June 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

That's a really great museum in Lambeth, I went there a couple of years ago. Seems like a very beautiful and colourful engagement for Camilla.

Looking lovely as always... Engagement to see beautiful flowers ? What a pleasure !

I find myself in awe of Camilla's style, stamina, vitality and joyful smile as she just keeps working like a trojan. Day by day she is putting the youngsters to shame (as indeed is her hubby).

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the King George Day of the QIPCO King George Diamond Weekend at Ascot Racecourse today, July 24:

** rex gallery ** dm article **

Last edited:
How gorgeous to be there in that garden this time of year.
The Duchess speaks very well - a positive message.
Does anyone know the rose that featured on screen? Was it the Queen Elizabeth II?

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...an-profited-giving-access-Prince-Charles.html

Camilla's nephew, Ben Elliot, son of Simon Elliot and Annabel Shand Elliot, is under scrutiny for arranging engagements with the PoW for high-flyers in his Quintessentially ultra luxe concierge service, a business he has had for 20 years. I linked the Mail because it's the same story as the Times and Telegraph but no paywall.

There is a high-flyer wealthy man and an unnamed "aristocratic" whistleblower coming forth with these revelations. All in the papers. Ben Elliot was also said to be setting up big Tory donors to meet privately with Boris and Rishi.

For me, the humorous part is the latest articles in the broadsheet conservative press about how Charles is worried about "collateral damage." Quote marks are mine.

He started the whole thing! He had paying dinner guests when Ben was a teen.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall/Rothesay visited Nairn Book and Arts Festival and environment Charity, Green Hive, Nairn Community Centre, Scotland today, September 10:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall spoke to Gloria Hunniford about how osteoporosis is something people of all ages should be thinking about.

Camilla hit it right on the nose. You can do things to prevent getting osteoporosis but once it happens, you can't cure it. Here in the US, there is a treatment to help osteoporosis from getting worse called Prolia injections but they're not a fix. I get those injections every six months.

The Duchess of Cornwall with 2020 Booker Prize Winner, Douglas Stuart, during a ceremony for the Booker Prize 2021 yesterday:

Today, November 4, the Duchess of Cornwall visited the set of ITV's adaptation of The Roy Grace series, created by Peter James, in Shoreham, West Sussex. It is a title recommended by The Duchess of Cornwall's Reading Room:

** pa images gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

And she visited St Wilfred's Hospice on the occasion of its 40th anniversary in Eastbourne:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall with 2020 Booker Prize Winner, Douglas Stuart, during a ceremony for the Booker Prize 2021 yesterday:

Wonderful interview with just the fire crackling in the background.

Yes, I agree, It gives good insight into the author and his novel.

And both have voices I could listen to for hours.

The Duchess of Cornwall had a number of engagements in Wiltshire today, December 2.

She attended a service of Rededication and laid flowers to mark the 100th anniversary of the Second War Memorial at The Church of The Holy Cross.

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Yet another flattering ensemble. It tickles my fancy when I see her out and about in her own unique sense of style and fashion that, while looking elegant, never looks stiff and overly formal. I think it's that most women of a certain age look at her daywear in particular and could see themselves wearing it.

Camilla really is a bonafide fashionista or more correctly, a trend-setter and that trend projects confidence and, more importantly, an unrestrained presence that projects a genuine interest and happiness at being there and talking to, well, just about anyone. Take a look at the face of the tall youngish man looking at her as she has just passed him in the receiving line.

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/n...-the-nachrichtenfoto/1357702529?adppopup=true

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGA8vtPWQAErn0L?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

To me, he seems to be looking at her quite bemused as if perhaps 'it was no big deal until he actually met her and then he is happily surprised and not a little impressed at 'the real deal!'

Nice to see the recently ennobled Dame Dame Joanna Lumley in attendance :previous:

Just a small note - 'Dame' isn't a title of nobility. It is a knighthood.

The 'noble' titles are Duke, Marquis, Earl, Viscount and Baron.

Sir/Dame are not 'ennobled' but merely knighted.

The Duchess of Cornwall marked the 50 year anniversary of RefugeCharity today, meeting campaigners including tv personality Zara McDermott, experts and politicians to discuss the rise of technology based abuse amid the pandemic.

:previous:

By now more has been released, besides visiting the library, see above, she opened the Marcela Botnar Wing, the newest of the Botnar Institute for Musculoskeletal Science's facilities.

** rex gallery **

:previous:

By now more has been released, besides visiting the library, see above, she opened the Marcela Botnar Wing, the newest of the Botnar Institute for Musculoskeletal Science's facilities.

** rex gallery **

Camilla is fast becoming my favorite British royal to watch as it seems that just about everything she's involved herself with has affected me at some point in my lifetime. From domestic abuse survival to osteoporosis to rescue doggos to books, books, books and *more* books. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom