The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 15th October:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this morning attended a Service to Celebrate the Seven Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the rebuilding of Westminster Abbey, London SW1, and was received at the Great West Gate by the Dean (the Very Reverend Dr John Hall) and, at the Great West Door, by the Chapter.

Court Circular 15th October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon held a Tea at Clarence House for the winners of the 2019 Booker Prize for Fiction.

Her Royal Highness this evening attended an Oscar Wilde Reception at Grosvenor House London Hotel, Park Lane, London W1, and was received by Dr Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 16th October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon attended a “Poetry Together” Tea Party at Eaton Square Upper School, Piccadilly, London W1, and was received by Lady Arnold (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 23rd October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall received Colonel Richard Charrington (Colonel, The Royal Lancers, Queen Elizabeths’ Own).

The Duchess of Cornwall this evening held a Reception at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the 75th anniversary of ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.

Court Circular 30th October:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited the Royal Foundation of St Katharine, Butcher Row, London E14, and was received by Commander John Herriman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Hopefull the duchess will have recuperated for the Remembrance Day events.

I hope The Duchess of Cornwall get well soon.

The Duchess of Cornwall has unfortunately had to pull out of an event this evening due to ill health.

It would be nice if another member of the Royal Family, no matter how minor, were to be brought in to replace the Duchess at events when something like this happens - surely there must be someone free, and it would mean so much to the organisation and organisers.

I'm very sorry to hear that, and hope that she has a chance to rest and recover. I also hope the infection hasn't progressed into pneumonia, which is easy enough for it to do.

There are some pretty nasty sick bugs going around at the moment because of the colder weather here in the UK; I've only just recovered from a bout of laryngitis. I hope Camilla gets well soon and with some rest will be back to her usual self.

An upper respiratory infection is not something to be ignored as it can quickly develop into pneumonia. Hopefully Camilla will be able to rest, drink a lot of fluids and enjoy some chicken noodle soup and relax with a good book or three.

I would imagine that her doctors have put her on antibiotics also to fight the infection.

The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a service at the former Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz-Birkenau on 27 January 2020, International Holocaust Remembrance Day to mark the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.

I'm sure that this will be quite an emotional experience for Camilla and I'm glad to read that she will attend this.

My mother visited Auschwitz years ago and said it was an occasion that really gave her an eerie experience. Walking around the camp, she felt the utter silence of the place and noticed that there was no birdsong. It was if this place is forever entombed with a silence of remembrance of what happened there so many years ago.

I think the very best book I've read on the subject of just what people in those concentration camps went through has to be "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, a survivor of Auschwitz and a few other camps. This is one of my favorite quotes from that book. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”

Court Circular 22nd January:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards opened the newly renovated Lichfield Street Hub (Central Library and Archives), Lichfield Street, Walsall, and was received by Mr. David Frost (Deputy Lieutenant of West Midlands).

Her Royal Highness later visited Launer London Limited, Holtshill Lane, Walsall, and was received by Mrs. Elisabeth Buggins (Deputy Lieutenant of West Midlands).

Court Circular 27th January:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for Poland and was received upon arrival later at Katowice Airport by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Poland (His Excellency Mr. Jonathan Knott).

Her Royal Highness this afternoon attended the International Holocaust Remembrance Day Service, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Warsaw.

The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards met British Holocaust survivors.

Her Royal Highness this evening arrived at Royal Air Force Brize Norton from Poland.
Mrs. Belinda Kim was in attendance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 6th February:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited HM Prison Downview, Sutton Lane, Sutton, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey (Mr. Michael More-Molyneux).

Court Circular 12th February:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning held a Reception for SafeLives at Clarence House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her speech about the issue of domestic violence is on the front page of tomorrow's Daily Mail, and it looks like it features in some of the other papers as well. She's doing a very good job of drawing attention to an important subject which many people still don't feel able to speak out about.

Last edited:
Court Circular 19th February:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Granville Youth and Community Centre, 140 Carlton Vale, London NW6, to celebrate Brent “Borough of Culture 2020”, and was received by Miss Mei Sim Lai (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited Kiln Theatre, 269 Kilburn High Road, London NW6.

Love this!!! The entire quote is fabulous especially as a huge book lover...Camilla is awesome!

A great extract from Duchess of Cornwall’s speech on #WorldBookDay2020 ?
“When I was young, which was about 100 years ago, I was lucky enough to have a father who read to us every night...”
Books, Camilla says, can make me #gangstergranny and “plot to steal the Crown Jewels” ?

I love Camilla's sense of humor. Two of the things that endear her to me is that she love books probably as much as I do and she loves animals, especially dogs.

She's absolutely right though. There's nothing better than going on an adventure while sitting in one's favorite armchair with a good, hot cup of tea!

I love Camilla's sense of humor. Two of the things that endear her to me is that she love books probably as much as I do and she loves animals, especially dogs.

She's absolutely right though. There's nothing better than going on an adventure while sitting in one's favorite armchair with a good, hot cup of tea!

Yup! If I were the Queen, however, I’d watch out for the Crown Jewels now, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom