Should Camilla attend the memorial service for Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the mental image of the "diloons" throwing eggs with beatrix fan throwing eggs at them gave me a giggle this morning tho. (me bad)

Yeah!! We should fight back, haha! Beatrix Fan is just the kind of person to be our fearless leader, to boldly go where no TRF members has tread before! I'd be all for it, haha. (I hope it's clear that I am teasing.... sort of!) :lol:

I doubt that egg's, would be "BF's" object of choice. Perhaps a few left over champagne bottles and the wack of an umbrella here and there for good measure...

I've always favoured the ashtray in the sock combo myself. And I have the perfect outfit for the occassion. Speaking of outfits, I suppose that's the next line of fire after the service. What Camilla wore.

oh i'm sure she has a beautiful suit of lovely sack cloth and ashes she'll wear. thanks for the tip beatrixfan i'd never heard of an ashtray in sock combo, i've always used a roll of quarters in a sock myself
i am soooo ready for this whole thing to be over, i'm sure the boys are too, to think they were trying to do something respectful and have had to put up with all this .... (what comes out of my cows)

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them! :bang:

And how old are these Di Loons, 12? Or even younger than that? Why would they even do this sort of thing at a memorial service for Diana? That is who they are supporting. Not that they're going to do it, it's a rather foolish thing to do, just to be embarrassed in front of everyone. I doubt that any hardcore protestors will even be there. If they don't want Camilla to make a big deal of being there, why should they make a big deal of it?

Last edited:
Camilla will probably waer a nice black suit with one of her flowerpot hats.

I doubt she will wear black, more probably dark blue or grey outfit.

On the other note, before the wedding of Charles and Camilla, the Diana groups promised to organize massive protests, but nothing happened, did it?

Oh if she doesn't wear black there'd be outrage. She has to wear black. She may well even go as a black and white minstrel just to be on the safe side.

"Mammy!"

On the other note, before the wedding of Charles and Camilla, the Diana groups promised to organize massive protests, but nothing happened, did it?
The groups on that occasion threatened that 100's if not 1000's of them would protest. As it turned out their were around 15 people at Kensington Palace and the 3 or 4 who started to shout insults at the registry office, were silenced by well wishes.

These strange fanatics notify the media that they are going to do this, that or the other, to try to cause distress, when 99.99% of them are simply cowards who wouldn't say boo to a goose.
BeatrixFan said:
I've always favoured the ashtray in the sock combo myself.
Works well with me, although it has to be cut glass! :ROFLMAO:

Camilla will probably waer a nice black suit with one of her flowerpot hats.

The Duchess of Cornwall has never worn flowerpot hats (the right name is a Fez style hat). Usually she loves s hatstyle with wide brims.

I think sirhon is talking about the hats she wears with a flowerpot-shaped crown and a wide brim rather than the saucer-shaped flat ones.

As the Queen herself suggested a summer-cold would be appropriate. Why not appease everyone with a simple cold.

As the Queen herself suggested a summer-cold would be appropriate.

There's no proof that the Queen suggested anything of the sort, or any of the other supposed revelations of her feelings about this. It's probably made-up wishful thinking by someone who wishes the Queen had said it.

When did the Queen suggest this exactly?

i will never understand why, when someone tries to bring out the positive in a situation, certain people will always try equally hard to bring out the negative. in a world wrought with war and violence this event could actually be an occasion to celebrate the positives. why do people insist on carrying out acts of violence, etc? no one, not even diana, has asked anyone to carry the torch of a campaign of dislike for camilla. inspite of the fact that it was publicized in the media it was between her and camilla and charles and no one else. these people that think they are defending her honour are doing nothing of the sort.

I firmly believe that Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales (that's what she legally is) should do whatever she feels like doing in this situation. No one can dictate to her if she can or cannot attend her predecessor's memorial service or not. Saying that she should not attend the service is like saying that if Diana was still alive, the POW would not be able to attend events where Diana was going to be at.

There's no proof that the Queen suggested anything of the sort, or any of the other supposed revelations of her feelings about this. It's probably made-up wishful thinking by someone who wishes the Queen had said it.

Daily Mail, perchance? :whistling:

I think we have to bear in mind that the shoe could easily be on the other foot. For example, Diana could still have been alive in 2002 and been asked to attend a memorial for Princess Margaret. The two were on very icy terms when Diana died but if Diana was alive when Margaret was alive, would she be right to go? Because they did have some conjoined history and life is so short. At one time, Diana and Camilla were some kind of friends and even though they weren't in the later days of Diana's life, maybe all sides concerned realised that love can't be explained and we can't choose who we love, so it's best to come out of something that hurts us and find a happier relationship. I believe Diana would have been happy for Charles to marry Camilla just as Charles was happy to see Diana forming new relationships with new men after their divorce. And when it comes to it, Camilla really isn't a villain. What if the question here was, "Should James Hewitt attend the Memorial Service to Diana?". As inconvenient as some find it, he obviously meant something to her at some point, shouldn't he be allowed to pay his respects? And what about her other lovers? What about Raine Spencer? That's what the lunatic fringe forget - no-one is perfect. As much as I'd like her to be, Camilla isn't perfect and that's why I get so irate when I hear people going at her with such venom - when they can explain the mechanics of love, then they can begin to point fingers but until that day, leave off eh?

I think we have to bear in mind that the shoe could easily be on the other foot. For example, Diana could still have been alive in 2002 and been asked to attend a memorial for Princess Margaret. The two were on very icy terms when Diana died but if Diana was alive when Margaret was alive, would she be right to go? Because they did have some conjoined history and life is so short. At one time, Diana and Camilla were some kind of friends and even though they weren't in the later days of Diana's life, maybe all sides concerned realised that love can't be explained and we can't choose who we love, so it's best to come out of something that hurts us and find a happier relationship. I believe Diana would have been happy for Charles to marry Camilla just as Charles was happy to see Diana forming new relationships with new men after their divorce. And when it comes to it, Camilla really isn't a villain. What if the question here was, "Should James Hewitt attend the Memorial Service to Diana?". As inconvenient as some find it, he obviously meant something to her at some point, shouldn't he be allowed to pay his respects? And what about her other lovers? What about Raine Spencer? That's what the lunatic fringe forget - no-one is perfect. As much as I'd like her to be, Camilla isn't perfect and that's why I get so irate when I hear people going at her with such venom - when they can explain the mechanics of love, then they can begin to point fingers but until that day, leave off eh?

I can agree with a lot of this, in fact most of it, but about James Hewitt, there is really no comparison. He is not married to anyone especially connected to Diana, as Camilla is. And he is not a stepfather to PW and PH. He and Diana would never have gotten married (I can't believe that) no matter how mature Diana must be now at age 46. For Camilla, there is no question of it's being appropriate for her to attend the service with her husband and stepsons because she is a member of their intimate family, but in the case of James Hewitt, there is no case for it. Diana and Hewitt had a brief affair and did not maintain any kind of relationship after it. He is not family and not even a friend of PW and PH.

Well Hewitt has never been to her grave and for Raine, I don't know what to think about her. But thank you for your wise post, that shows that being a Diana, Camilla or whatever fan, we didn't loose our heads with all the craziness that entertains the press. Please, to anyone who has such stupid plans for this memorial, drop the idea. Diana and Camilla deserve better :flowers:

I've met Raine and she's an absolute darling. Not at all acid. She told me I was a very charming young man and then put a tip in my top pocket saying, "Now don't spend all that on sweets". Fabulous.

Diana and Hewitt had a brief affair and did not maintain any kind of relationship after it. He is not family and not even a friend of PW and PH.

If you mean 'brief' by 5 years, well yes but it's her longest affair ever. Although I agree that he has nothing to do there. He hurted Diana alot and still does with all this 'crap' with the letters :bang:. Camilla at least made Diana really sad but only once.

But they still made love so there must have been a period when Diana loved him?

But they still made love so there must have been a period when Diana loved him?

Well sure, I have no doubt about that. It's what he has done with their affair that's bothering (I've posted already in the thread on him). It's why I think Camilla has the 'right' to be there more than him.

This is really the best part of BF's wise post. I always try to remember this but it is always good to have reminders.
...I get so irate when I hear people going at her with such venom - when they can explain the mechanics of love, then they can begin to point fingers but until that day, leave off eh?

TheTruth said:
If you mean 'brief' by 5 years, well yes but it's her longest affair ever.

Five years? Yes, I suppose that's right because they were "together" right up until his deployment to the Gulf, right? I forgot about that.

Hey, if PW and PH invited James Hewitt, I wouldn't be critical because it's not my business, but I would be thoroughly shocked! :lol:
Anyone like Hasnat Khan because I think he and Diana ended on friendly terms, but Hewitt would shock me.

The Duchess of Cornwall has never worn flowerpot hats (the right name is a Fez style hat). Usually she loves s hatstyle with wide brims.

Well forgive me for having wrong information on darling Camilla I'am not a milliner. One learns something new everyday.

Well forgive me for having wrong information on darling Camilla I'am not a milliner. One learns something new everyday.

:flowers:

It is just to get the information straght.
I only have seen the Duchess with wide brimmed hats and barets. Her choice is pretty consistent. For so far she has avoided a pillbox, a fez ('flower pot'), a turban, a toque, etc.

Her fabulous headgear on her wedding day in Windsor (ears of wheat?) is hors categorie and does not fit in any description.

:flowers:

all of this is right on the mark. very well said and makes total sense to me. :flowers:

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them! :bang:

How rude their behaviour would be! The police must teach them with gas and water cannon this time.

Last edited:
I've always favoured the ashtray in the sock combo myself. And I have the perfect outfit for the occassion. Speaking of outfits, I suppose that's the next line of fire after the service. What Camilla wore.

Hahaha..I was going to say an ashtray, but decided to say umbrella instead :ROFLMAO:

ha. this is getting funny. anyway if camilla attend the memorial cos it is her duty to do so and also she is invited by the 2 princes. then so be it. but she cannot stop anyone from throwing eggs at her or being furious at her for attending. after all she was charles mistress for years and she was cited as the main reason for the breakup of the marriage. she cannot have the best of both world. since she married charles, then she should accept the fact that things like these will go on and on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom