Should Camilla attend the memorial service for Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Countess

men are all equal to God. we are his children and our final jugdement will be under his name.

but our society is composed by leaders and people. you can't compare them. socially Kings and Queens are upon you and me. they don't belong to a higher social class. God gave them power to rule, and they should reign the best they can because they have a lot of responsibilities (much more than you or me).
what's wrong with stiffness? what is bad about it? i like arrogants, self-importance and stiff royals. it doesn't mean they are rude, ignorant or criminals... it just means they know what's their place.

Sorry, I don't believe God gave anyone the power to rule. Just having an ancestor who had the biggest sword and was tough, who could hang onto land and push others under his will. As time evolved, many people, decided that they would pick their own leaders good and bad. By the way, they don't rule, they rubber stamp, they have elected governments that rule, they have less responsibilities than many working people, as they do little for themselves. Arrogance and self importance, with nothing good behind it is dangerous. Which is why most monarchs in Europe especially today are Constitutional Monarchs. They do not rule at all. They only advise.

And, yes, there is Oprah, as well as many, many others.

But Bill Gates and Oprah hold no relevance to an hereditary institution which has ruled for over a thousand years. They make their fortune and royals inherit it.

Quite simply those born into the royal family are not born equal to the 'rest of us' in the eyes of society and never have been. Even if their finances were nothing to rave about (as was the case with The DofE when growing up) he was still a royal Prince of Greece and Denmark and in no way is that born equal to you or I.

Arrogance and self importance

Hmm, are we talking of the House of Commons here, or Congress? Again, throwing rocks at glass houses isn't a wise move...

Last edited:
In my deeply Eurasian point of view, the world of royalty and nobility is as forbidden as it is fragile, because without its mysteries it is doomed to perish. The mystery reinforced by rules, protocols, and a thousand of other small details separate “the blue blood” from “the red one”.
Unfortunately the constitutionalism contributes to power erosion of the monarchy by taking some part of its mystery away and demanding the royalty to bow to its subjects from time to time.

Last edited:
In my deeply Eurasian point of view, the world of royalty and nobility is as forbidden as it is fragile, because without its mysteries it is doomed to perish. The mystery reinforced by rules, protocols, and a thousand of other small details separate “the blue blood” from “the red one”.
Unfortunately the constitutionalism contributes to power erosion of teh monarchy by taking some part of its mystery away and demanding the royalty to bow to its subjects from time to time.

AL_Bina you are always a delight. But all blood is red and all men the same.

In your opinion. If we all believed the same thing, the world would be a very grey place. Or Bridlington.

Yesterday, some lady posted a nasty cartoon depicting Charles and Camilla on the KP gates. The sketch of Charles holding a newspaper declaring that Camilla was to attend the service, and he says in the quote bubble: "Looks like you'll be less welcome than foot and mouth."
Above the cartoon, the lady wrote and signed, "If this is going to reign over us, I'm emigrating to Iraq." :ermm:
The nerve of some people, to post this on the KP gate, how rude! This is supposed to be a "tribute" or loving memorial to Diana?

They should have made it clear that KP wasn't going to be turned into a mess once again. The behaviour of some people really is beyond hysteria. That old fruitcake in the red jacket was outside Kensington Palace this morning with Ingrid Seward who looked ghastly and spoke total crap. She's spent every editor's letter since 2005 being the perfect sycophant but now she's suddenly anti-Charles and Camilla. Silly woman.

Given that this thread has well and truly served it's purpose I am going to close it. In the meantime, might I suggest that everyone use the time between now and teh beginning of the memorial to go and pull that extra composure out of whatever suitcase it might be packed in?

Thanks

Empress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom