Should Camilla attend the memorial service for Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And so in one of my super rare posts....If you had asked me 10 years ago, the young 20 year old would have furiously been against her attending.

Now, 10 years on and having moved beyond...I feel differently. I also have a stepmother (who happened to have an affair with my father throughout their marriage).

Camilla is the surrogate Mother to the Princes, now. Her place is to be there to support them as they grieve for the Mother they lost. They have asked her to be there and therefore she should attend.

It no longer matters what Diana would have wanted. To be quite honest, I think 10 years on she would have grown enough (as my Mom has) to move on. This is really about her sons - the two people she loved the most. They adore and love Camilla. She would be happy that they have someone to give them that love.

I'm certain Camilla would not want to be there truly - she is facing this storm for the sake of the Princes - including Charles. The past sins are best left buried because they can't be changed.

Let's cheer her love for them and her willingness to have a storm of hatred to support those she loves.

It can't be 'easy' for Camilla I'd imagine, but I would like to think she has the ability to overcome, as she has in the past, the intense scrutiny which lay ahead and emerge on the "other side" knowing she did what's right and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I hope Charles gives her a nice hug before they leave Clarence House on the day :)

Only to Charles as Charles is next in line to the throne.

Anne and Andrew are in the Line of Succession as well you know.

But quite true.

No no. It's not Diana who's the problem. It's those who feel as though there is 'a side' worth playing aficionado to, that are the cause of troubles ;)

Last edited:
How can someone dead cause problems ?! It's not her who is saying I want this to go in the newspaper. If we still talk about her (good or bad) now, it's because of people. Living people cause trouble, not the dead ones.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them! :bang:

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them! :bang:

Well, that's a total disrespect of William and Harry's decision who are Diana's boys :rolleyes:. Haven't they got enough ?! They had a beautiful concert without Charles and Camilla and they still complain. And I say that as a Diana fan. It's like you need to hate Camilla to be a Pro-Diana. What a stupid idea :bang:

Now thats just an embarrassment to the rest of the Diana Fans!

Absolutely !

Last edited:

Shame on those who support such as insult! That is really very deplorable.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs.

I may have to take a trip up there myself. I'm in the mood for a bit of loon-smacking. I mean, is it really worth all this hassle? No. Not at all. Cancel the whole thing and let's get on with the living.

Cancel the whole thing and let's get on with the living.

When hell freezes over will that ever happen. They should have police and bodyguards to guard Camilla and keep the crowd under control

Oh it won't be cancelled I know. The people who want to see it are mostly total headcases and you can't upset them or they mug old ladies or start peeing in milk bottles and filling up the toilet with bricks. But in an ideal world...

They should change the ceremony time. Do it on the evening of August 30 or whatever.
But I'm sure the loons won't do it. The same sort of thing happened before the wedding of Charles and Camilla and as I remember no major incident occured.

They shall be kept at a safe distance I'm sure. Unfortunately, the inevitability of such threats was well guessed.

And what kind of people make such threats known? Now, that's organisation and a half that is.lol.

If they had wanted to cop Camz in the head with an egg, then "common sense" would tell you to keep it under wraps..eggs and all!

They sure know how to spoil their own "fun". Daft buggers.lol.

The people who want to see it are mostly total headcases and you can't upset them or they mug old ladies or start peeing in milk bottles and filling up the toilet with bricks

What part of London did you say you were from, again, 'BF'?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
They shall be kept at a safe distance I'm sure. Unfortunately, the inevitability of such threats was always going to happen.

And what kind of people make such threats known? If they had wanted to cop Camz in the head with an egg, then "common sense" would tell you to keep it under wraps..eggs and all...:neutral:

The surely know how to spoil their own "fun". Daft buggars.lol.

Well yes ! I don't know why they complain. They didn't even know what Diana thought about Camilla at the end of her life :neutral:. Certainly not very good things but I mean it's a civilized country, you don't mess up with someone who never done something bad to you personaly. By thinking they are taking Diana's revenge, they are implying that she wasn't able to stand up to Camilla her whole life !

They should think about Diana's charities when throwing those eggs. Wasn't she the one who thought that no one deserved to miss food, water, etc. ?

Last edited:
Oh it won't be cancelled I know. The people who want to see it are mostly total headcases and you can't upset them or they mug old ladies or start peeing in milk bottles and filling up the toilet with bricks. But in an ideal world...
My,my, aren't we in a very good mood today?

And what kind of people make such threats known? Now that's organisation and a half that is.lol.

Exactly the brainless fools just messesd up their own plot. But as TheTruth said I'am sure there's going to be no disturbances at this memorial.

No I don't think she should attend it must be a huge problem for royal organises and I do not envy their task. I am still a Diana supporter but time moves all of us forward whether we like it or not. But no stay home on this occasion.

I keep thinking of Zoolander, where Fashion mogul, 'Mugatu' (Will Ferrell) has an egg thrown at him in protest :lol:

I'm hopeful that the days proceedings shall not be interfered with. An egg (surely not hardboiled) can't bring Diana back and is only going to make a mess!

Last edited:
I keep thinking of Zoolander, where Fashion mogul, 'Mugatu' (Will Ferrell) has an egg thrown at him in protest :lol:

I'm hopeful that the days proceedings shall not be interfered with.

An egg (surely not hardboiled) can't bring Diana back!

Sure ! And why eggs ?? Tomatos are better for that sort of thing. They splash on the clothes and spots are hard to take of :rolleyes:.

Just kidding

I know! :bang: The "freaks" in the world make the rest of us look freaky by default, just because we choose to be objective and fair, rather than canonizing Diana and casting Camilla as She-Devil. Shame on the media for giving it press and just making this campaign worse to make Diana's memorial about an excuse to revile Camilla. The whole thing makes me sick.

I know! :bang: The "freaks" in the world make the rest of us look freaky by default, just because we choose to be objective and fair, rather than canonizing Diana and casting Camilla as She-Devil. Shame on the media for giving it press and just making this campaign worse to make Diana's memorial about an excuse to revile Camilla. The whole thing makes me sick.

Totally, me too :sad:. Why do we have to choose a side ?!! I'm good with liking Diana AND Camilla ! Damn you the ones who want to make this memorial a disaster !

I may have to take a trip up there myself. I'm in the mood for a bit of loon-smacking. I mean, is it really worth all this hassle? No. Not at all. Cancel the whole thing and let's get on with the living.

I don't agree about cancelling the memorial service, but I truly hope you go there, Sam, with a dozen eggs ready to throw at anyone who dares to egg the wonderful Duchess! Pelt them (with eggs, of course) for the rest of us at TRF! :lol: :boxing::clap:

I'm hopeful that the days proceedings shall not be interfered with. An egg (surely not hardboiled) can't bring Diana back and is only going to make a mess!

I'am actually wathching that movie right now, Mugatu's reaction is priceless. lol:lol:

But that will not happen at the memorial.

I doubt that egg's, would be "BF's" object of choice. Perhaps a few left over champagne bottles and the wack of an umbrella here and there for good measure...:lol:

Last edited:
What makes me really laugh is that if they do such a thing, no memorial will be done again, at least not in a public area and they will be the first to crawl like wimps to the feet of everyone to authorise a ceremony again. What a bunch of losers !

We are possibly straying somewhat, and I do beg the mod's pardon.

But on the topic of another memorial service. I personally, don't see why there would indeed be another. Marking the 10th anniversary, fine. But another, in say 10 years? No point really. The generations move on, as does time, and a great many who witness 'another' memorial service would be left wondering why on earth such a fuss is being made for a lady who passed away some 20 years prior.

We are straying somewhat and I do beg the mod's pardon.

But on the topic of another memorial service. I personally, don't see why there would be a need for another. Marking the 10th anniversary, fine. But another, in say 10 years? No point really. The generations move on, as does time, and a great many who witness 'another' memorial service would be left wondering why on earth such a fuss is being made for a lady who passed away some 20 years prior.

Like you said, time passes and people go on. Anyway, many' 'icones' passed away and no more ceremonials are made for them but it doesn't mean that we forget what they've done. The 'fuss' around Diana reminds me the one of the french singer Claude François (don't know if you heard of him). He died at 33 in the 70's and he had hysterical fans so the shock stayed many years, same thing with Diana. Today we still remember him with his songs but nothing special is made what so ever.

(Poor Mods, I apologize)

if they love diana so much how can they even think of causing pain to her sons??? deplorable to disrespect her memory with a childish display of misplaced loyalty, i loved diana but that doesn't mean i can't like and admire camilla and be happy for them as a couple. it took me a little while to warm up to camilla but you can't see a photo of them together and not recognize the love and affection between them, prince charles hasn't smiled and laughed this much in his whole life, i want to think diana would have moved on and been happy and happy her sons have a good relationship with their stepmother. it reminds me of jr high it's so ridiculous and petty.

the mental image of the "diloons" throwing eggs with beatrix fan throwing eggs at them gave me a giggle this morning tho. (me bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom