Rumours?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe an interesting addition to the discussion:

The Copenhagen Post

For publishers, scandals are worth their weight
trans.gif
Scandals about celebrities and members of the royal family sell even more newspapers and magazines claims media agency SensationalisT news and revelations about celebrities mean in-creased sales for weekly gossip magazines and tabloid newspapers.
According to Claes Braagaard, a director of OMD media agency, weekly magazines and tabloids experience sales rises of up to 20 percent whenever there is a scandal on the front page.

Is this silly story circulating in the United Kingdom or only in U.S. tabloids?
Since Christmas, the Globe, the Enquirer and just this week the National Examiner have had articles about Camilla falling down the steps at Sandringham over the holidays. The first two claim that she fell 40 feet down the same steps that Diana threw herself down years ago in a failed suicide attempt. The last one claims she fell down drunk. Each has a bad picture of her on the cover. The Globe was first and claimed the original source of this to be a German newspaper who has 'reliable highly placed Royal sources'. This story is also on the net.

This is really stupid-for one thing Camilla does not have a scratch. A post menopausal woman who falls 40 feet would break something. I just don't get where all of this is coming from.

:previous:
What a rubbish story :nonono:...sometimes i think the german yellow press is the worst of all.
Other royal houses try to fight with their lawyers against this kind of press and media, i often wish the british royals would do the same.

I very much doubt the accuracy of the articles you mention, it seems you have 'rags' as well.:D

You have to wonder how the foreign media picked up this story and the UK media didn't, if it had a modicum of truth in it! :rolleyes:

I wonder why the media just loves to write such things about camilla!
me too ,I just don't get where all of this is coming from.:nonono:...

I checked the German media and it seems it was an invention of Germany's TV-station RTL's magazine "Exklusiv" which is known for making up srories like that. Forget it!

I very much doubt the accuracy of the articles you mention, it seems you have 'rags' as well.:D

You have to wonder how the foreign media picked up this story and the UK media didn't, if it had a modicum of truth in it! :rolleyes:

The articles are untrue. But this Camilla and alcohol mess has been going on a year now. Why doesn't the RF sue. APB sued the London Times this past year and won (re the stories that he and Camilla were vacationing together).Is there a rule against British royals suing?

In the UK exist the Press Complaints Commision and i know that the royals work together with it.
But if the german or american press publish their lies about the royal family i think nobody ever sue the papers.

Btw, the german tabloids not only like to say that Camilla is an alcoholic but also that she´s addicted to take pills....:nonono:...but the good thing is that a story does not become true only when papers print it weekly.:nonono:

Or did anybody ever have seen something at the Duchess´appearence or behaviour that would support these rumours?:nonono:

The articles are untrue. But this Camilla and alcohol mess has been going on a year now. Why doesn't the RF sue. APB sued the London Times this past year and won (re the stories that he and Camilla were vacationing together).Is there a rule against British royals suing?
They simply never do.

If they sued over one story, they would have to do the same for every untrue article, (and there are very many), if they didn't, people would then say... 'There must be some truth to it as they didn't sue'. :flowers:

We can see from Camilla's demeanor and appearance that the story is a complete falsehood. :flowers:

Is this silly story circulating in the United Kingdom or only in U.S. tabloids?
Since Christmas, the Globe, the Enquirer and just this week the National Examiner have had articles about Camilla falling down the steps at Sandringham over the holidays. The first two claim that she fell 40 feet down the same steps that Diana threw herself down years ago in a failed suicide attempt. The last one claims she fell down drunk. Each has a bad picture of her on the cover. The Globe was first and claimed the original source of this to be a German newspaper who has 'reliable highly placed Royal sources'. This story is also on the net.

This is really stupid-for one thing Camilla does not have a scratch. A post menopausal woman who falls 40 feet would break something. I just don't get where all of this is coming from.

Quite funny, and plainly, quite ridiculous

Quite funny, and plainly, quite ridiculous

Besides which she was only at Sandringham for 24 hours (Xmas Eve/Xmas Day) & if she had actually fallen 40ft down stairs:eek: it woukd have been obvious the next day and she would not have been in any fit state to walk with the rest of the RF for over a mile between Sandringham House and Church on Xmas Day!!

some rumors are amusing and ridiculous, some are nasty, this IMO is in the nasty category. she was glowing at her last event and BellaFay points out she was "on view" to see, vital and walking about during the holiday. nasty and stupid libel.

Articles like this wouldn't "get legs" unless there were people who wanted to believe the worst about Camilla.:rolleyes:

some rumors are amusing and ridiculous, some are nasty, this IMO is in the nasty category. she was glowing at her last event and BellaFay points out she was "on view" to see, vital and walking about during the holiday. nasty and stupid libel.

I do not think that Duchess of Cornwall loses her sleep over the rumour in question. Tabloids continue to publish their stories, whereas Duchess of Cornwall lives her usual life.

I do not think that Duchess of Cornwall loses her sleep over the rumour in question. Tabloids continue to publish their stories, whereas Duchess of Cornwall lives her usual life.

Well said, Al-Bina

I don't believe it either; if the press has nothing to report, they are always happy to make something up. I think it riles the Diana fans in the media that the Wales are happy and enjoying life together. If Diana were alive, hopefully she would want Charles to be happy. She said so a few times before she died. They may not have all been best friends but I think there would have been a friendship that endured between Charles and Diana. She would have put a brave face on about Camilla, and that would have been it. Diana no doubt would have found and married the right man eventually, and would have continued to be a popular figure the next fifty years! Charles and Camilla would never have equalled that popularity, but they'd still have been very happy together. I resist buying any rubbishy magazines that trumpet the latest royal news, because a lot of it is nonsense and lies, and I hate to give idiots money, as it only encourages them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom