Relationship of the Royal Family with The Duchess of Cornwall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What emerald and diamond necklace are you referring to? As far as I am awawe, Camilla does not have any emeralds with a Greville provenance.

As regards the ruby neckalce worn by the Queen, she received it as a wedding present from her parents. She has not worn it since the 1970s.

Both her engagement ring which is emerald & diamonds and the necklace which she has worn as a 3-string at at least one banquet are from the Greville gift to the QM.

Both her engagement ring which is emerald & diamonds and the necklace which she has worn as a 3-string at at least one banquet are from the Greville gift to the QM.

As far as I am aware, Camilla's engagement ring is just diamonds, with no emeralds. The ring belonged to the QM, and was a present from King George VI (or Duke of York as he was then) when the Duchess was pregnant with Elisabeth.

I believe the Greville emerald and diamond necklace you are referring to was used by the QM, but has not been seen on Camilla yet. Alternatively, you may be referring to the Grevills 3 string and 2 string diamond necklaces, which Camilla wore together (as 5 strings) at the Commonwealth dinner in Uganda in November 2007. These strings have no emeralds.

I have never heard that the Duke of York was not born of Elizabeth and Phillip.
Yes, um where are you getting this Duke of York info?
It has been rumoured for years that Andrew is not Philip's child but the child of Lord Porchester...
Hmmm.....maybe this would explain my Grandmother looking so much like Queen Elizabeth - all these rumors of affairs. jk. Who knows - I wish someone could explain why she looks just like her though.

Last edited by a moderator:
...the Grevills 3 string and 2 string diamond necklaces, which Camilla wore together (as 5 strings) at the Commonwealth dinner in Uganda in November 2007. These strings have no emeralds.
Boy did she outdo the Queen at that function. I don't think anyone was looking at The Queen on that evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy did she outdo the Queen at that function. I don't think anyone was looking at The Queen on that evening.

Yes, but I am sure the Queen was aware of what Camilla was going to wear that evening. C&C accompanies HM and the DoE to the Commonwealth meeting as part of the bigger plan by the PoW to position himself as a successor to HM as the head of the Commonwealth when the time comes. It may well have been a carefully thought through plan to present her to the Commonwealth as the future Queen, and very much at the heart of the BRF - hence, the glitter!

Well one of my sources is the following book : ROYAL BASTARDS Illegitimate Children of the British Royal Family, by Peter Beauclerk and Roger Powell ! :flowers:

Info? I said he was the son of the Queen and Prince Phillip, not that he was the son of the Queen and Lord Porchester.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/20663149_b551cd3548_o.jpg

Her engagement ring is just diamonds. :)

:duchyofcornwall:The 5th wedding anniversary,and many many happy returns!!:walesflag2:

As this is on the relationship between HRH The Duchess and the rest of the RF,I think HRH is fully accepted and liked,
most importantly by her two "stepsons".

Not too long away the two will go to see the Queen,soon after HM will write to "encourage" the Duchess to use the title
Princess of Wales,as she is fully entitled to that since her weddingday.And all will be well,as a dear friend said.

I think the whole family is quite comfortable with camilla now.
Camilla holds the leading lady rank as the wife of the queens heir.
Of course after the queen.
Sofie may not like this but i doubt she really cares.

I can't imagine Elizabeth II doing something so mundane. I'm convinced all her children were conceived via immaculate conception ;)

I think the whole royal family has accepted the Duchess. I think the Queen Mother may have disliked her because didn't Sophie when she was recorded by that fake reporter man say something along the lines that Charles & Camilla won't marry until the Queen Mother passes? Or am I mis-remembering.

QEQM was adamantly opposed to having divorced people in the royal circle, let alone married into the family. Let us not forget that the only reason that King George, QEQM and now QEII were/are on the throne is that it was completely unacceptable for King Edward to marry his divorced mistress. Therefore Charles marrying HIS his divorced mistress was quite the anathema to the late QM.

Not too long away the two will go to see the Queen,soon after HM will write to "encourage" the Duchess to use the title
Princess of Wales,as she is fully entitled to that since her weddingday.And all will be well,as a dear friend said.
And I encourage Camilla to call herself Princess of Wales and Queen consort. Lets see just how 'well all will be' then.

And I encourage Camilla to call herself Princess of Wales and Queen consort. Lets see just how 'well all will be' then.

Why won't it be?

Just because you object to that doesn't mean that everyone does.

If she starts to use Princess of Wales, as she is fully entitled to do, it will be only after a lot of evidence that the people would accept it.

Does anyone know Harry and William's feelings toward Camilla? They seem to be okay with her.

Does anyone know Harry and William's feelings toward Camilla? They seem to be okay with her.

On the couple of occasions I have seen them with her in person they laughed and joked with her. They didn't try to avoid her and anything like that.

They clearly love their father and want to see him happy. They know that Camilla does that and have accepted her quite well it seems. They also know more about the inside of their parents' marriage than we do and so are accepting, or in Harry's words 'Love her to death' of Camilla.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/ha...ove-her-to-bits/2005/09/15/1126377406135.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-362399/Harry-Camilla-isnt-wicked-stepmother.html

Lets stay on topic...this thread isn't about the paternity of the Duke of York. And before we transfer this conversation to another thread or start one regarding the paternity of the Duke of York....we are going to need more proof than rumours and innuendo.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

On the couple of occasions I have seen them with her in person they laughed and joked with her. They didn't try to avoid her and anything like that.

They clearly love their father and want to see him happy. They know that Camilla does that and have accepted her quite well it seems. They also know more about the inside of their parents' marriage than we do and so are accepting, or in Harry's words 'Love her to death' of Camilla.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/ha...ove-her-to-bits/2005/09/15/1126377406135.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-362399/Harry-Camilla-isnt-wicked-stepmother.html

Thank you. It was really nice reading that. I'm glad they feel thay way about Camilla and that theres no grudge or anything.

Im glad Will and Harry have a good relationship with her.Harry was quoted saying "Me and Will love her to bits!"

Zonk! Thank you. :flowers::wave:

Conny, you have a 'thumbs-up' icon in your post which isn't copying into the quote - how did you get it? Where is it? I wanna know! :flowers:

'Harry, who was said to be the uneasiest about the relationship, later tells reporters, "She's always been very close to me and William...She's not the wicked stepmother. She's a wonderful woman and she's made our father very, very happy which is the most important thing."'

Prince Harry Biography : People.com

the humourous prince as usual :hmm:

'Harry, who was said to be the uneasiest about the relationship, later tells reporters, "She's always been very close to me and William...She's not the wicked stepmother. She's a wonderful woman and she's made our father very, very happy which is the most important thing."'

It's a nice sentiment. Glad to hear that they're all getting along.

Thumbs-up Icon

Zonk - In post #262, where did the thumbs-up icon come from? Conny doesn't know. Do you?

Several posts containing fanciful speculation have been deleted.

Zonk - In post #262, where did the thumbs-up icon come from? Conny doesn't know. Do you?

Fer Pete's Sake! When are you guys gonna answer my question about the thumbs-up icon? Zonk and Benson both on the thread and nary a tweet. :rolleyes: What will it take? I know......:D I will begin talking about Diana and Charles and Camilla! There!

I think they were doing a three-some! How's that for fanciful - question is - will my question be answered? :cool:

How so? I thought this was about a serious as Harry gets. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom