Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a beautiful story to bring closure to QEII's Paddington Bears. Hope the parents treasure them to have the memorial toys left at the palace gates become a family heirloom. Queen Elizabeth is now a legend of her times all royals, and presidents, can only hope to be measured against.

That's i call a right royal turnout, scheduled for next week :

The Queen will host a 'violence against women and girls' reception at Buckingham Palace on 29 November at which the Queen of the Belgians, the Queen of Jordan, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and the Countess of Wessex will be present.

Queen Letizia and Queen Máxima will be missing, who for scheduling reasons will not be able to be present.
Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Victoria also appear to be absent.

Queen Letizia and Queen Máxima will be missing, who for scheduling reasons will not be able to be present.

I do not know if these are causes close to the hearts of Letizia, Maxima, Victoria and M-M, or just a scheduling issue.

Hope they could be present via video conferencing, although I would also love if Spain's Queen Sofia or Princess Leonor mad a surprise substitute appearance on behalf of Queen Letizia

I would certainly not object if any of the "missing" ladies was present but are we sure all or any of them were actually invited? Is there anyone who from their work should obviously be there that isn't?

I do not know if these are causes close to the hearts of Letizia, Maxima, Victoria and M-M, or just a scheduling issue.
Crown Princess Victoria is attending the Parliamentary Dinner (Riksdagssupé) in Stockholm, hosted by her father. It's only arranged every fouth year, following a General election, so I think it's seen as prioritized.

A good cause.

Because Corona, and now the economic difficulties in the wake of the war in Ukraine, not to mention Taliban taking over in Afghanistan, has set back the struggle for women's and perhaps especially girl's rights back with years!

I think it is doubtful that the world opinion will feel compelled to genuinely focus on that topic for another year at best.

A good cause.

Because Corona, and now the economic difficulties in the wake of the war in Ukraine, not to mention Taliban taking over in Afghanistan, has set back the struggle for women's and perhaps especially girl's rights back with years!

I think it is doubtful that the world opinion will feel compelled to genuinely focus on that topic for another year at best.

I agree. It is a very important cause. I will not be shocked to see Crown Princess Mary/The Mary Foundation ramp up their work in this area in 2023 as it is one of her and the foundation's focus areas.

Last edited:
I am glad to see this private meeting took place yesterday in advance of the bigger engagement at BP today.

The visits to Clarence House always seem more intimate and a very homely setting.

The visits to Clarence House always seem more intimate and a very homely setting.

I think that was very much the idea here, to have a relaxed afternoon with Rania and Mary.

Queen Camilla with the Countess of Wessex, Queen Mathilde, Queen Rania, Crown Princess Mary and the First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Volodymyrivna Zelenska, at the Violence Against Women and Girls Reception today, November 29:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Queen Consort Hosts A Reception To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women And Girls **

** dm article: Camilla's Queens! Royal hosts Spice Girl Mel B, Queen Rania of Jordan and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark at a Buckingham Palace..**

Last edited:
Video with the Royal Gathering and not only today

Glad to see the Ukrainian First Lady there as well.

If there is one place where women and girls have been subjected to barbaric, and in way too many cases also sanctioned, atrocities it's in Ukraine.

I'm really glad that this conference and reception is getting attention. Very good to see Olena Zelenska there as well. Hopefully she is making needed contacts and collecting practical resources. I hope that for every charity.

Also good to see that Mina Smallman was there, her daughters' case was a tragic disgrace all around.

I'm really glad that this conference and reception is getting attention. Very good to see Olena Zelenska there as well. Hopefully she is making needed contacts and collecting practical resources. I hope that for every charity.

Also good to see that Mina Smallman was there, her daughters' case was a tragic disgrace all around.

What's the story about Mina Smallman?

It's a pity that princess Mabel doesn't do royal representing events; she would have been an excellent representation for queen Máxima - as she is probably the one who has been working on related topics for many, many years.

I would have expected Grand Duchess Maria Teresa as well - as this is clearly an area she is interested in and has done most of her work in in recent years.

I would have expected Grand Duchess Maria Teresa as well - as this is clearly an area she is interested in and has done most of her work in in recent years.

The Grand Duchess announced that she was unable to join due to a family related matter.

Posts about Lady Susan Hussey have been discussed the last day in this thread. We do not need to discuss it here too.

Posts attacking the Ukrainian lady for no apparent reason are out of place.

All these posts have been deleted.

Queen Camilla as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards met members of the 1st Battalion and presented medals at Lille Barracks in Aldershot, today, January 31:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

A video from the Queen today

Camilla hosted a reception for the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada at Buckingham Palace today, February 1, and received the Canadian Forces’ Decoration in recognition of her 12 years of service as the Regiment's Colonel-in-Chief.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Camilla hosted a reception for the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada at Buckingham Palace today, February 1, and received the Canadian Forces’ Decoration in recognition of her 12 years of service as the Regiment's Colonel-in-Chief.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Good to see the Queen carry out more engagements associated with her military linkages.

The Queen's had to.postpome a visit to the West Midlands because of a "seasonal.illness" - presumably a bad cold or maybe the flu. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

The Queen's had to.postpome a visit to the West Midlands because of a "seasonal.illness" - presumably a bad cold or maybe the flu. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Oh dear ,hope its nothing too serious!

Back
Top Bottom