The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-24-2022, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Queen Camilla delivered Paddington Teddy Bears to Barnardo's Nursery in London in tribute to Queen Elizabeth today, November 24:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Old 11-24-2022, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
So lovely little video, I am happy they don't throw them away !
Great idea. And the fact that they were delivered by the Queen to Barnardo's makes it that much more special.
Old 11-24-2022, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Great idea. And the fact that they were delivered by the Queen to Barnardo's makes it that much more special.
My thoughts too and a really lovely personal gesture.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I think one of Michael Bond's children joined her for the picnic, if I'm not mistaken.

It was very impressive they got that officer in full Guards uniform to deliver the basket!
Old 11-24-2022, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

How nice from the Queen. And i see Lord Grantham (don't rember the name of the actor) was also there.

Old 11-24-2022, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
How nice from the Queen. And i see Lord Grantham (don't rember the name of the actor) was also there.
Its Hugh Bonneville.
Old 11-24-2022, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

I think this is such a lovely way to recycle the Paddingtons. After seeing the video showing how they were cleaned and restored, I wonder how many of the ones that were left at various sites were salvageable, and how many had to be disposed of.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's another video of the Paddington Picnic. It's interesting that apparently some very bright person had to come up with the donation idea; it was not just always going to happen this way. (However much I love the idea of hundreds of Paddingtons living royally.)
Old 11-25-2022, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Here's another video of the Paddington Picnic. It's interesting that apparently some very bright person had to come up with the donation idea; it was not just always going to happen this way. (However much I love the idea of hundreds of Paddingtons living royally.)
It was not just always going to happen this way because nobody could have imagined the large number of bears left as tribute at the different palaces. Going forward I'm sure that this will be used as a blueprint for how to handle toys left at the palaces in the same way that for instance flowers used at banquets are donated to different institutions.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Such lovely and heartwarming little videos ! So nice to see !
Old 11-25-2022, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's a beautiful story to bring closure to QEII's Paddington Bears. Hope the parents treasure them to have the memorial toys left at the palace gates become a family heirloom. Queen Elizabeth is now a legend of her times all royals, and presidents, can only hope to be measured against.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That's i call a right royal turnout, scheduled for next week :

The Queen will host a 'violence against women and girls' reception at Buckingham Palace on 29 November at which the Queen of the Belgians, the Queen of Jordan, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and the Countess of Wessex will be present.

https://twitter.com/MajestyMagazine/...C7gMXPJ3sfyokA
Queen Letizia and Queen Máxima will be missing, who for scheduling reasons will not be able to be present.
Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Victoria also appear to be absent.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Queen Letizia and Queen Máxima will be missing, who for scheduling reasons will not be able to be present.
I do not know if these are causes close to the hearts of Letizia, Maxima, Victoria and M-M, or just a scheduling issue.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Hope they could be present via video conferencing, although I would also love if Spain's Queen Sofia or Princess Leonor mad a surprise substitute appearance on behalf of Queen Letizia
Old 11-27-2022, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would certainly not object if any of the "missing" ladies was present but are we sure all or any of them were actually invited? Is there anyone who from their work should obviously be there that isn't?
Old 11-27-2022, 06:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do not know if these are causes close to the hearts of Letizia, Maxima, Victoria and M-M, or just a scheduling issue.
Crown Princess Victoria is attending the Parliamentary Dinner (Riksdagssupé) in Stockholm, hosted by her father. It's only arranged every fouth year, following a General election, so I think it's seen as prioritized.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Queen Camilla welcomed Queen Rania and Crown Princess Mary at Clarence House today, November 28:

** Pic ** instagram post **
Old 11-28-2022, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

A good cause.

Because Corona, and now the economic difficulties in the wake of the war in Ukraine, not to mention Taliban taking over in Afghanistan, has set back the struggle for women's and perhaps especially girl's rights back with years!

I think it is doubtful that the world opinion will feel compelled to genuinely focus on that topic for another year at best.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A good cause.

Because Corona, and now the economic difficulties in the wake of the war in Ukraine, not to mention Taliban taking over in Afghanistan, has set back the struggle for women's and perhaps especially girl's rights back with years!

I think it is doubtful that the world opinion will feel compelled to genuinely focus on that topic for another year at best.
I agree. It is a very important cause. I will not be shocked to see Crown Princess Mary/The Mary Foundation ramp up their work in this area in 2023 as it is one of her and the foundation's focus areas.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Queen Camilla welcomed Queen Rania and Crown Princess Mary at Clarence House today, November 28:

** Pic ** instagram post **
I am glad to see this private meeting took place yesterday in advance of the bigger engagement at BP today.

Tags
current events, queen camilla