The Prince of Wales Current Events 3: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
Nope. They tried the Princess Consort thing but as soon as we all realised it'd be illegal, they layed off of it a little bit.

That is possible, but I don't agree (respectively) ;) :)

It it is clear that the statement has not been retracted which could have quite easily been done during the re-development process.

As for 'they tried', that implies it has since been rejected which is not entirely the case as far as we (the public) are aware. It is intended, and until such a time as it is confirmed that HRH the Duchess of Cornwall cannot assume the style and title of Princess Consort under any legality, then the proposed alternative stands.

The new website is really very fresh in appearance and quite user friendly. It seems to me very 'organic' in its layout and I like that.

Last edited:
To call her anything but the Queen when the day comes is disrespectful toward the King (Charles) and the institution of the Monarchy. If she isn't worthy of being the Queen then the marriage should have been stopped. But it wasn't and now she is the wife of the man that is expected to become the King when his mother dies.

azile said:
The website is well done! While there is all sorts of notable content, there is one particularly interesting quote on Camilla's Biography here

"It is intended that The Duchess of Cornwall will use the title HRH The Princess Consort when The Prince of Wales accedes to The Throne."

Has there ever been such a clear statement about what Camilla's title will be in the future?

I think they want to avoid a public dicussion about Camilla´s future title now. And i agree. Let the time play for her.
Her popularity grows more and more and with it the acceptance of the people and the possibility to give her the position she is entitled to: to be the next Queen.
We all know that the last word about it is not spoken.

grevinnan said:
To call her anything but the Queen when the day comes is disrespectful toward the King (Charles) and the institution of the Monarchy.

Your opinion and you are most welcome to it :flowers: I, however, do not agree.

Does anyone know how long it takes to update a website like that of the POW? I can't imagine it would have been too long in the process.

Last edited:
Prince unveils online vidio diary

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6166726.stm

The Prince of Wales´ website has been revamped to include a vidio charting a day in his life and that of his wife.

Today in the media and press (Telegragh, Times...) are many reports about the new PoW website and the vidio.
Very good, to hear such a positive echo!

milla Ca said:
I think they want to avoid a public dicussion about Camilla´s future title now. And i agree. Let the time play for her.
Her popularity grows more and more and with it the acceptance of the people and the possibility to give her the position she is entitled to: to be the next Queen.
We all know that the last word about it is not spoken.
Interesting what The Prince of Wales' webpage says about Camilla's Coat of Arms:

"This is the same single arched Coronet that is used to surmount The Duchess’s shield and is used because, as wife to the Heir Apparent, she is entitled to it according to the Royal Warrant of King Charles II, dated 9th February 1661."

As wife of the Heir Apparent, she is entitled to use the second highest ranking Coronet. I'm sure her Coat of Arms will be changed the moment The Prince becomes the king and will show the Coronet of the Queen Consort. Sometimes symbols speak louder than words. The usage of this Coronet says: there is no morganatic marriage, thus Camilla is the wife and has a right to all historical trappings of the wife of the Heir Apparent. And that says of course of the future: one day she will have the right to all the historical trappings of the Queen Consort. Including a coronation, if one is traditional for the Queen Consort.

And what a Coronation it shall be (not for some years yet).

I do hope Charles keeps much of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the service itself. Sure, if he wishes to wear a naval uniform let him but everything else (I hope) stays much the same. Afterall, a coronation is a revered tradition (both religously and otherwise) and it is a service which, I believe, need not be altered in its display :flowers:

Last edited:
Hmm, my thoughts on the website are mixed.

Its a very impressive layout and very well organized. I agree with the others that the new focus on the family is particularly nice.

But...and maybe I'm being a stick in the mud. It looks too much like a normal news site or the home page of one of the photo agencies like Corbis or Getty.

Everything is nicely arranged and easy to find; the only thing its missing is a little atmosphere, a sort of royal magic.

Maybe I'm being too picky though, it is very well done.

I was looking at Camilla's Coat of Arms yesterday myself and I was disappointed that it did not discuss the significance of the boar and her family's symbols.

Pics 23.11.2006

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales tastes food on sale as he opens the West Newton Village Shop and Butchery on the Sandringham Estate on November 23, 2006 in Norfolk, England.

Testing food Meeting children In front of the shop
(Photos by Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

I think Camilla should be known as Queen when Charles becomes King,but if it isn't going to happen (which looks quite possible) then i don't think it would really make too much difference.We all know the truth anyway...CHARLES LOVES CAMILLA....CAMILLA LOVES CHARLES!:wub: We know she is always going to be there for him,supporting him like she has for the past year,so therefore i really don't think it matters like that!:flowers: :)

Skydragon said:
War-battered Sierra Leone spruces up for Prince Charles' visit

FREETOWN (AFP) - A major clean-up is under way in Freetown as the capital of war-torn Sierra Leone gears up for the first ever visit by Britain's Prince Charles next Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061124/wl_africa_afp/sierraleonebritain_061124131820

I do believe the author needs a proofreader/fact checker. Prince Charles is 58, not 57 years old. His grandfather (King George VI) was not POW in 1926 - the year that The POW Secondary School was founded. :bang:
But my favorite sentence is this one: "A British standby "Over the Horizon Force" is positioned in London, ready to fly to Freetown within 24 hours in response to security threats, according to diplomatic sources." Not what I would call a rapid response from a team that's on standby! :ermm: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Physicians link to prince's home

A legendary family of healers may have prompted Prince Charles to choose the Carmarthenshire hamlet of Myddfai as the location of his first Welsh home.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6173198.stm

'Charles effect' reopens village pub

IT MAY only be three days since it was revealed that Prince Charles has bought a home in Wales, but the news is already having a knock-on effect on local business.​

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200wales/tm_headline=-charles-effect--reopens-village-pub&method=full&objectid=18155714&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Avalon said:
Thank you so much for the pictures, Iceflower!
I just absolutely love this hat, it suits Prince Charles very much! :)

You are most welcome, Avalon :flowers:
Me, I do not only like the hat, but also his whole outfit, in my eyes Charles does look best in that kind of clothes. Looking at these pics you can easily imagine him leading a private life in the countryside..:)

Prince Charles prepares for West African trip

Last minute preparations were under way today for a visit by the Prince of Wales to Sierra Leone. Charles' short trip to the West African country is seen as a stir to its reconstruction after a decade-long civil war left the economy and infrastructure in tatters.

milla Ca said:
New round in court battle over Charles diaries

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/26/uprince126.xml

The battle over the publication of the Prince of Wales´s personal diaries goes to the Court of Appeal tomorrow.

In the article, it said "The journal was one of eight handed over to the newspaper by a disaffected former secretary in the prince's office."

Who was that person and didn't that person commit a crime for stealing the journals only to give them to a newspaper? I have read some of the passages of the diaries and I rather like hearing the honest opinions of the prince regarding those current affairs he was involved in. Especially what he thought about the Chinese.

I especially took notice in the parts about the yacht and its last journey. A somewhat sad eptitath of the state of affairs of England and the British Monarchy. :)

HRH Kimetha said:
In the article, it said "The journal was one of eight handed over to the newspaper by a disaffected former secretary in the prince's office."

Who was that person and didn't that person commit a crime for stealing the journals only to give them to a newspaper? :)

The little witch was called Sarah Goodall, who by all accounts forgot she was an employee and not a 'friend'. It is a great pity that she has not, as yet, been prosecuted for theft! :mad:

Here is the link to the previous discussions.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
The little witch was called Sarah Goodall, who by all accounts forgot she was an employee and not a 'friend'. It is a great pity that she has not, as yet, been prosecuted for theft! :mad:

Here is the link to the previous discussions.

Thanks, Skydragon for the link.:)

Thank you so much milla Ca and Iceflower for the pictures!
I absolutely love the one, wher Prince Charles is playing the drums! :cool:

The new website looks wonderful. I'm glad to see Prince Charles embracing the internet by realizing its potential to be a small way of reinvigorating the monarchy for the internet generation. The old website of HRH was very, very dated (kind of like some of the other websites from certain royal families - Belgium, Norway, Monaco, even Spain) and the new one is very much in tune with the beautiful and elegant websites of some of the other royal families (including the British main monarchy site, as well as Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands). I'm going to enjoy going through all the new stuff on the site today. :D

Charles welcomed to Sierra Leone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6176000.stm

Prince Charles has been welcomed to Sierra Leone with a performance of music and dance by the west African country´s National Dance Group.

Thank you for posting more pics, Iceflower:flowers: .
I also like so much the pics where Charles plays the drums.

Thanks for the BBC article, milla Ca, I really enjoyed the video!

Prince Charles visits Sierra Leone

Thousands of people flocked to see Britain's Prince Charles when he arrived in Sierra Leone today on his first ever visit to the west African country.
The heir to the British throne is making the trip, according to diplomatic sources, to help cement ties between Britain and its former colony after the west African state emerged from a brutal 10-year-long civil war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom