Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a brilliant video link on this page from the BBC. Camilla stands and chats to the camera for about a minute speaking about her time in the USA. She deals with them very well and I think it's wonderful that she didn't avoid them or shy away from the questions - she just answered each one perfectly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4420002.stm

corazon said:
I believe that with camilla there are two realities, I believe that she is accepted as consort royal but loved I do not believe that she is. is my very personal opinion. is a great difference between being accepted and to be wanted.
Many, many royal persons was respect but no loved.

That is a very wise comment corazon and it is the main reason that although I disapprove of adultery I have to admire Camilla.

Women have been raised to seek approval and love to the point that if a woman is not considering loving or seeking approval, she is treated by society as less of a woman. Women are taught from a young age to judge themselves by how much others love them.

Women are raised to be the good girl and I believe this is what holds many women back in their jobs and trapped in destructive relationships. I've seen the need for approval in women around me and I've seen how they get slammed by office politics in corporations run by men and they get trapped in relationships with men who don't deserve them. I'm fighting the need of approval myself.

When men seek love and approval to the point that women do, men get slammed for not having enough self-respect; yet, for women, not having self-respect is not considered a big deal. Its OK for a woman not to have self-respect; its not OK for a man. On the other hand its OK for a man to look out for himself even if it hurts someone else but its not OK for a woman. That is unfair and sexist IMHO. No wonder more men treat themselves better than women do.

For a woman to basically do as Camilla did and say, the public be damned, I'm going after my own needs, is so rare and discouraged for women that I cannot help but admire it even though I don't necessarily approve of the affair. She is now seeking more public approval but this time it is for the right reason. She wants the relationship to continue, she needed to marry Charles to give their relationship legitimacy, and now that they're married, her public approval is tied to his and to the public acceptance of the royal family. They need some measure of public acceptance to continue. But Camilla is not silly enough to tie her own self-worth and self-esteem to whether the public loves her. IMHO it is not a defeat if the public accepts her but doesn't love her; it is a victory.

There is a book out that I want to read I Need Your Love - Is That True? : How to Stop Seeking Love, Approval, and Appreciation and Start Finding Them Instead

I've heard good things about it; basically it says rather than seeking love and approval from others, you need to find them in yourself. Approval addiction is a major problem that affects women from all walks of life and surprisingly Camilla is a great role model for women trying to get over the need to be loved and approved all the time.

ysbel said:
it is the main reason that although I disapprove of adultery I have to admire Camilla.
Women have been raised to seek approval and love to the point that if a woman is not considering loving or seeking approval, she is treated by society as less of a woman. Women are taught from a young age to judge themselves by how much others love them.
She is now seeking more public approval but this time it is for the right reason. IMHO it is not a defeat if the public accepts her but doesn't love her; it is a victory.

Camilla has never before sought approval from anyone, her parents taught her to believe in herself, to be a strong and independent person. She was valued as a child for who she was, her individuality.
She will never seek celebrity status but, I believe in the end, she will be thought of as a remarkable woman and will be much loved and admired.

Our views on life and relationships change greatly as we go through life. I cannot imagine 'judgeing' myself by how much others love me.

As far as adultery is concerned, it would be great if, when a couple realised they were not in love, both of them sat down and agreed it wasn't working and immediately divorced, if their religion allowed. Reality is that it is normally one partner who wants their freedom, what happens then, should they both live in misery? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pictures from Colourpress

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 686
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 167
And more pictures from Colourpress

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 157
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 182
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 166
It appears that Camilla is enjoying a Gin and Tonic - I wonder if that's her favourite tipple?

i'm charmed that Camilla kept the simple roses given to her by the men at the shelter and carried them on the trip home. This simple thing has changed my whole attitude toward her, i'll always love Diana, but this shows a woman who appeciates kindness or she would have left them on the floor of the limo.

And more....Colourpress

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 193
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 148
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 137
  • zd.jpg
    zd.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 172
  • ze.jpg
    ze.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 156
  • zf.jpg
    zf.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 200
  • zg.jpg
    zg.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 196
More pictures Colourpress

Attachments

• zh.jpg
    zh.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 155
  • zi.jpg
    zi.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 135
  • zj.jpg
    zj.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 130
  • zk.jpg
    zk.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 186
  • zl.jpg
    zl.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 153
  • zm.jpg
    zm.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 160
I think its such bad manners to take pics of them eating. But the media love those shots because they are usually captured with a strange look on their face.

BeatrixFan said:
It appears that Camilla is enjoying a Gin and Tonic - I wonder if that's her favourite tipple?

It was the Queen Mother's favorite. :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/royals/camilla.html

In July 1998, Prince William agreed to meet his father's partner for the first time, and the news was leaked to the press. Tabloids beamed with speculation about the encounter, reporting that after half an hour of tea and small talk Camilla said, "I really need a gin and tonic."

He is a looker. That would be something new. A San Fransicsan President and First Lady. I love the liberabness and tolerent soceity of San Fran. It is one of the greatest citys in America IMO. I dont think mainstream america is ready for a guy as liberal as him. The duchess didnt do to well with the dress. It looked a bit like a maternity dress. I loved the long blue jacket outfit she wore though. There is this one pic of Camilla after just bitting into an apple and holding it up. Her face looks so funny and it looks like a commercial. This tour was a great success. I am going to miss not seeing them everyday.

The BBC has written up a commentary about the trip:

A Royal triumph?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4420002.stm

The smiles on the faces of the royal entourage as they headed home, said it all. America, from the perspective of those who work for the prince and the duchess, has been conquered.

ysbel said:
The smiles on the faces of the royal entourage as they headed home, said it all. America, from the perspective of those who work for the prince and the duchess, has been conquered.
Well, I don't know about conquered,;) but I see what they are getting at. The trip was a success. I also liked the video on the BBC website when Charles and Camilla were talking to the reporters before they left. They were very nice and gracious. I especially liked what the prince Charles said, he's very nice.:)

It certainly turned out well for them. The coverage has been more positive than not.

Camilla looked so lovely in that suit on the day of her departure. i wish she'd worn it earlier in the trip.

she looked beautiful carrying those 3 white roses.

cover0893big.jpg

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazine/2005/11/09/0893cover/

That is such a nice cover. The picture is so perfect. Her mood and the candles and the setting. Its great.

I wish they would catch her smiling more. Sometimes she has that look like she'd rather be riding horses in the country side than doing gala dinners and doing the royal functions. But Diana had that look sometimes too, I guess it must be stressful at times for anyone in that position, just seems it is harder for Camilla than anyone else. I hope she adjusts soon.

They do catch Camilla smiling a lot. She is a very fiesty happy type of person. The fact of the matter is that Camilla can have a pretty wide smile which is most unflattering in pictures. But, I do see a lot of pics of her laughing and smiling.

Why can't we just let C & C alone.Diana is dead and there is no way of bringing her back - it is a shame that their marriage Di and Charles' didn't work out but why only blame him? She was no angel or saint and don't forget she had more than her share of lovers also. If camilla had been a young and beautiful 2nd wife I don't think anyone would have cared either way but because she isn't people just want to make remarks abt her etc. Let them be.no one has the right to judge people and I think that charles has always been the ' bad ' guy and i think that he can't be as bad as all that.If she makes him happy, let camilla make him happy something that beautiful and enchanting diana was unable and couldn't do.

Camilla is not always aware of the existence of cameras like Diana was. I hope that she will improve that in the future. She seems to be really media-shy because she is such a confiodent person. Charles and her will be a good time because Charles will be stronger in public and Camilla will be stronger in provate.

A French View

From this week's Point de Vue, giving a French perspective of the US Tour:

Cover: "The calm triumph of Camilla in the United States."
Story: "Her first offcial State visit was a test... but the Duchess of Cornwall passed this trial with grace."
"Despite the formal protocol throughout the official tour, the complicity of the Princely couple was obvious at every moment."
At the WWII Memorial in Washington DC: "The elegant sobriety of the Duchess of Cornwall was impressive as she assisted at the moment of reflection."

All in all, I would say that this particular magazine was impressed with Camilla's debut official tour.

love cc said:
Camilla is not always aware of the existence of cameras like Diana was. I hope that she will improve that in the future. She seems to be really media-shy because she is such a confiodent person.
No! We don't need another Princess of Wales who plays up the cameras. Camilla's doing well IMO. She sees the cameras, gives them their shot and has a little word then gets on with the job. I felt that with Diana it wasn't about opening a hospital, it was about being photographed opening a hospital. Camilla isn't like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeatrixFan said:

Maybe....I know she's probabaly only actually blinking or something, but she actually looks slightly sloshed there!
I can't believe how well Camillas doing.....ever since the wedding, she's really winning people over, and I don't think she's put a foot wrong. Certainly Charles fiddles with his sleeves less and smiles more around her!

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
No! We don't need another Princess of Wales who plays up the cameras. Camilla's doing well IMO. She sees the cameras, gives them their shot and has a little word then gets on with the job. I felt that with Diana it wasn't about opening a hospital, it was about being photographed opening a hospital. Camilla isn't like that.

I don't want another Diana either. I like Camilla's style because she preseves the traditional style of uppclass and roaylty.I am happy with her low-key style and places Charles and BRF before herself. Diana was more likely to be a popular celebrity in my eyes. Very glamourous, but... What I meant is to see more smiles from Camilla on these photos. Some journalists are quite mean to make some strange photos.

love_cc said:
I don't want another Diana either. I like Camilla's style because she preseves the traditional style of uppclass and roaylty.I am happy with her low-key style and places Charles and BRF before herself. Diana was more likely to be a popular celebrity in my eyes. Very glamourous, but... What I meant is to see more smiles from Camilla on these photos. Some journalists are quite mean to make some strange photos.

It's not Diana's fault that people paid more attention to her. She was photogenic and was a charmer. Everyone has their own qualities.

The local media (I live in Florida) totally made fun of C & C in the looks department but gave them points for togetherness.

Queen Mary I said:
It's not Diana's fault that people paid more attention to her. .

Diana 'courted' the cameras and publicity, she set out to get all the attention. IMO. So yes it was her fault. Camilla loves her husband and is happy to be there to support him.
I'm not surprised to hear you have the gutter press in Florida as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom