Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vinjan said:
Does anyone out here in computer land know of an article by Camillas make up lady that tells how she does her make up? There are thousands of us out here the same age as Camilla and if she can look that good I would sure like to know her tips on how to do it.

I'm sure you look wonderful as you are.:)

did not buy the newest vanity fair but glanced in it at a store and it has an article about diana and an article about charles and camilla (beautifull pictures of camilla as a debutante).

had the impression that wallis found it very easy to bear, she was the dominant personality in the relationship and her husband looked like a spoiled little girl,

charles and camilla are different imo, more equal to each other, he might need her a bit more than she needs him.

Elspeth said:
Yes - I wonder if Wallis really found the Duke's love all that easy to bear, since she seemed like a rather independent person and the Duke was utterly obsessed. It seems as though Camilla returns Charles's love much more than Wallis ever returned Edward's.

Edward VIII must be spinning over so fast in his grave there is smoke coming up out of the ground. I am sure he is looking down at his great-grand nephew and thinking, "I could have had all that and kept my job."

Edward VIII must be spinning over so fast in his grave there is smoke coming up out of the ground. I am sure he is looking down at his great-grand nephew and thinking, "I could have had all that and kept my job."

Im not so sure. I have always been under the impression that he never wanted to be king. He was such a playboy prince and I dont think he could have standed the pressures of the monarchy. I think his love for Wallis was a great excuss for him.

I would like the same info - she looks much better now than a few years ago, for example in 1992 when she was photographed often after the Morton book came out (or maybe the stress of that period just really showed on her face.)

vinjan said:
Does anyone out here in computer land know of an article by Camillas make up lady that tells how she does her make up? There are thousands of us out here the same age as Camilla and if she can look that good I would sure like to know her tips on how to do it.

Edward VIII probably didn't want to be King, but I have a feeling that he'd have stuck with it if he could, as long as he thought Wallis wanted to be Queen.

Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, pose for photographers at the DeYoung Museum in San Francisco, California, November 7, 2005.

#1-3: AP
#4-5: Reuters

Attachments

• ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 148
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 112
  • r3128654167.jpg
    r3128654167.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 155
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 127
  • r1540410658.jpg
    r1540410658.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Wallis wanted to be Queen? ;) She was ambitious.....

Elspeth said:
Edward VIII probably didn't want to be King, but I have a feeling that he'd have stuck with it if he could, as long as he thought Wallis wanted to be Queen.

Wasn't it the government of the time that forced him to abdicate?
Thank goodness times have changed!:)

Lady Marmalade said:
Maybe Wallis wanted to be Queen? ;) She was ambitious.....

Hmm, a magazine article I read in the 70s said Wallis was willing to remain his mistress but Edward VIII would not hear of it. Some think he used Wallis as an excuse to abdicate because he didn't want the responsibility of King.

Skydragon said:
Wasn't it the government of the time that forced him to abdicate?
Thank goodness times have changed!:)

The government were concerned about his lack of propriety. He would be briefed on matters of concern to the government, or be sent official documents (the famous Red Boxes) which he was supposed to read but only he was supposed to see BUT over dinner Wallis would discuss the contents of the briefings with ministers of the crown.

The boxes were even left just lying around at times where anyone who was in the room could read them - he didn't always leave them secure in his study.

In 1936 tensions were rising in Europe over Hitler and the other fascist leaders and their actions so some of the briefings concerned matters affecting Britain's foreign policy.

There are strong suggestions that the government saw him as a major security threat and wanted to get rid of him. Wallis being divorced just gave them a perfect excuse as divorce wasn't all that socially acceptable the way it is today.

Charles and Camilla arrive at the Empress Hotel November 8, 2005 in downtown San Francisco, California . The Empress Hotel houses people who are homeless, with alcohol and drug abuse, mental health issues and disabled. Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are on a 8-day tour of the United States

The end of the visit to USA

From getty

Attachments

• 56120650.jpg
    56120650.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 56120653.jpg
    56120653.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 56120656.jpg
    56120656.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 152
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Although I love what Camilla wears during her day visits, I can't get over her evening wear. She just seems to miss it for some reason to me, I just want to rush her to a Valentino or Vera Wang store. There's still time, maybe she will hit it one of these days.

I agree for the most part...though I did like her frock at the dinner for the Norway royals last month.

Im not the biggest fan of her evening gowns either. She has great jewelry and has nice day wear and fabuous hats but her eveing gowns arent working for me. She wore a great wedding dress but it didnt carry on. She could get some much needed help from the Queen of Sweden. She is older than Camilla and has fantastic gowns and dresses.

Do you think Queen Silvia's gowns would work on Camilla? They're so extravagant and theatrical. They work on Silvia (coupled with her MASSIVE tiaras!), but I think Camilla might look kind of silly in them. She needs to be who she is...but perhaps turn it up a notch!

Camilla has a more buxom body, little bigger on the top part which makes it challenging in some respects to create a waistline and hips in her clothes.

She does like to wear her clothing more than once, which I admire a great deal. Why waste so much money on clothing? I respect the fact she does not seem extravagent in that way.

I think she's trying to blend in a bit and not stick out in glamorous outfits. I think her clothes suit her well - she's developing a style which is good.

I agree, but some of the tailoring, and this is in general, looks like it was not completed in a proper manner.

She has curves which look great on her, but some of the items need to be fitted better across the top, I think.

I like the jacket that she wore to the last evening event though, it was very chic.

Camilla does have a generously feminine figure. The velvet dress she wore at the MOMA event in New York was nice. It was feminine and showed her curves and female figure. It wasnt square like some other outfits.

Lady Marmalade said:
I agree, but some of the tailoring, and this is in general, looks like it was not completed in a proper manner.

She has curves which look great on her, but some of the items need to be fitted better across the top, I think.

Oh well she's old enough to know that she can't fit in everything nicely....

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrives at the Empress Hotel in downtown San Francisco, Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2005. The Empress Hotel houses people who are homeless, with alcohol and drug abuse, mental health issues and those who are disabled. Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are on a 8-day tour of the United States.

#1-5: AP
#6-10: Reuters

Attachments

• r3887606970.jpg
    r3887606970.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 137
  • r2817793139.jpg
    r2817793139.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 139
  • r2788059199.jpg
    r2788059199.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,399
  • r1188324837.jpg
    r1188324837.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 134
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 144
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 125
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 123
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 127
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 152
  • r3967487747.jpg
    r3967487747.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 131
At San Francisco International Airport in San Francisco, November 8, 2005. Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall wrapped up an 8-day tour of the United States, the first foreign tour they have undertaken together since their marriage in May.

All from AP

Attachments

• ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 149
  • ap9.jpg
    ap9.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 125
  • ap8.jpg
    ap8.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 148
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 147
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 146
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 158
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 134
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 150
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 204
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 154
More photos from the airport
#1: AP
#2: Reuters
#3: Agents with the US State Department Diplomatic Security Detail stand guard as the plane of Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall prepares to leave San Francisco International Airport 08 November 2005 in San Francisco. Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall wrapped up an 8-day tour of the United States, the first foreign tour they have undertaken together since their marriage in May. AFP PHOTO/POOL/Justin Sullivan (Photo credit should read JUSTIN SULLIVAN/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• ap10.jpg
    ap10.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 143
  • r1189892740.jpg
    r1189892740.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 144
  • afplive900091.jpg
    afplive900091.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I believe that with camilla there are two realities, I believe that she is accepted as consort royal but loved I do not believe that she is. is my very personal opinion. is a great difference between being accepted and to be wanted.
Many, many royal persons was respect but no loved.

As a Diana fan (always have and always will be), I was not particulary thrilled about the Charles and Camilla union and although, we live in a society that often accepts cheating on one's partner as "normal" or "accepted" I guess you would say, I have never warmed to this idea. I don't respect people who cheat, BUT I have been watching over the past few days and I have to give credit where credit is due. On this tour of America Camilla did a very good job. After all she's been through she carries herself very well and THAT is respectable. Not many people can do that after what happened with her and charles and Diana. Nonetheless here it is: Well Done Camilla!

Last edited:
HRHAmy said:
As a Diana fan (always have and always will be), I was not particulary thrilled about the Charles and Camilla union and although, we live in a society that often accepts cheating on one's partner as "normal" or "accepted" I guess you would say, I have never warmed to this idea. I don't respect people who cheat/quote]

I totally agree with you.

HRHAmy said:
Although I love what Camilla wears during her day visits, I can't get over her evening wear. She just seems to miss it for some reason to me, I just want to rush her to a Valentino or Vera Wang store. There's still time, maybe she will hit it one of these days.

Camilla could never wear a Vera Wang dress. You have to have a model's body to wear a Wang dress. Valentino, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom