Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I agree! The tour has been a brilliant success and although they may say that it was to promote tourism, we all know the real reason - to introduce Camilla to the USA. She's done fantastically well and Charles looked so much happier with someone by his side. Camilla doesn't grab the limelight - she walks one step behind with a smile. She can make an embarrasing situation (the glass wall) into a funny one , she can be serious when she needs to be and she shows great humour and charm. Well done Your Royal Highnesses! A job very well done. :)

I say it has been a great success. To americans she came into New York as Camilla Parker-Bowles and leaves San Fransisco as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. She has shown herself to be charming, very funny, humrous, down to earth, and a great supporter. I love Camilla at the play. She wore that faboulous outfit again. Her hair is much better like that. I like it darker and her bangs out of her face.

The Duchess wearing the tower like that looks like she wearing a sash!she had not worn a sash yet so now, it would be instead.

Love those earrings. She looks a bit like Candice Bergen in that third pic.

She does look great in that third pic. Dont know who Candice B is though. Those earing are beutifull. I love the chandelier look with the dangling pearls.

PJ: You really don't know who Candice Bergen is? Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 1101920921_400.jpg
    1101920921_400.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 141
She is an American actress who starred in the TV show Murphy Brown and is the daugher of the famous Hollywood ventriloquist Edgar Bergen who had the dummy Charlie McCarthy.

She can be seen now on Boston Legal.

She was also the wife of the French director Louis Malle and had a daughter Chloe with him. They were still married when he died in 1995.

They had another full day it looks like. She wore blue today.

Colourpress images from Monday November 7, 2005.

Attachments

• COLOUR10378080.jpg
    COLOUR10378080.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 153
  • COLOUR10378081.jpg
    COLOUR10378081.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 160
  • COLOUR10378082.jpg
    COLOUR10378082.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 167
  • COLOUR10378083.jpg
    COLOUR10378083.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 162
  • COLOUR10378084.jpg
    COLOUR10378084.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 137
  • COLOUR10378086.jpg
    COLOUR10378086.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 168
  • COLOUR10378088.jpg
    COLOUR10378088.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 130
  • COLOUR10378089.jpg
    COLOUR10378089.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 158
  • COLOUR10378090.jpg
    COLOUR10378090.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,430
  • COLOUR10378091.jpg
    COLOUR10378091.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 270
BeatrixFan said:
Those earrings and snake necklace seem to be Camilla's signature set. I like them and I love the earrings on her. They really flatter her but I'd like to see a different necklace with them. I like the snake one but I think a necklace in a similar style to the earrings would look better.

I think Camilla's really got a signature style now. We know what to expect almost and thats re-assuring.

Here is a link that talks about some of her favorite pieces.:)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/specials/camillastreasures/pagina_1_1.html

Hats Glorious Hats!

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Thansk u lots for new pictures mandyy. The Duchess looks really fantastic with her new outfit for the Memorial Service, but the hat i think generally it looks alright, the Duchess seems having great collection of hats now.

I love the hats that the Royal Ladies wear! I wish they would come back in style. I love to see the Pics at Ascot. The weirder the hat the better.:D

chunnice said:
I love the hats that the Royal Ladies wear! I wish they would come back in style. I love to see the Pics at Ascot. The weirder the hat the better.:D

Hi Chunnice
I love wearing hats but, they can be a bit of a nuisance. We were at an event, when my hat took off across the lawn. It is not the 'done thing' to chase after it and a very kind gentleman 'caught' it for me.
Just as well I was having trouble stopping myself from collapsing in a heap of laughter!:D
I have to admit some of Camilla's hats are a little outrageous in size but, on the whole very beautiful.:)

Warren said:
It must be time (soon) to give a wrap-up of this tour. Was it a success? How did Camilla handle the daily grind? How did she relate to people? Any observations on the "public" dynamic between Charles and Camilla? What differences are there in the Charles of a year ago and the Charles we see today? Did the Duchess do good? Does she deserve to get a second tiara in her Christmas stocking? Or even, gasp! the RFO?

:) W

I think this visit has been a smash! I really think The Duchess looked brilliant! They both looked relaxed and happy in each others company. Prince Charles appeared very at ease and I'm very happy for him.

I'm American and married to a Brit and I'm more interested in the Royals than he is. My husband says that of all the Royal's Prince Charles is the one he likes the most. He feels Prince Charles would make a very good King.

My husband was in the Royal Navy and had the chance to serve with The Prince briefly ...He found him very down to earth. When they came in to port the crew was briefed that HRH was going one way and they should go the other..but my husband said the Prince made a point to go with the off shore crew to a pub and shared a pint with them.:D

I think the Prince of Wales really looks comfortable in his role now and I think his relationship with Camilla has enhanced this.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Hi Chunnice
I love wearing hats but, they can be a bit of a nuisance. We were at an event, when my hat took off across the lawn. It is not the 'done thing' to chase after it and a very kind gentleman 'caught' it for me.
Just as well I was having trouble stopping myself from collapsing in a heap of laughter!:D
I have to admit some of Camilla's hats are a little outrageous in size but, on the whole very beautiful.:)

Lol Skydragon!

But, just think of all the chances single women would have to meet some dashing hat saving Gents!;)

I have worn hats in the past to certain events and I get the most compliments from other ladies...but I must admit I do feel a bit odd being the only one in the room with a hat.:cool:

I think Camilla has looked quite nice throughout the tour for the most part. I particularly like the powder blue coat she wore yesterday. The color suits her. Never thought I would say this but I have been impressed by her.

Charles stood up against the Queen of England, Church of England and anyone else that may have opposed his relationship with Camilla. She was in his words "non-negotiable". Any women would glow from such a declaration of love and committment.

:eek: oh man. i'm so sorry the trip is over already. it went by so fast. it was wonderful to see so many photos of them everyday. i hope they do many more foreign trips and soon.

"Any women would glow from such a declaration of love and committment.."

I dunno..I don't remember the Duchess of Windsor ever glowing... :)

btsnyder said:
"Any women would glow from such a declaration of love and committment.."
I dunno..I don't remember the Duchess of Windsor ever glowing...
But Wallis was exiled; Camilla has the Delhi Durbar Tiara and is a Royal Highness. That's something more to glow about! :)

Yes - I wonder if Wallis really found the Duke's love all that easy to bear, since she seemed like a rather independent person and the Duke was utterly obsessed. It seems as though Camilla returns Charles's love much more than Wallis ever returned Edward's.

Good points! You know what also makes one glow? Having a purpose, a mission, a JOB. Charles and Camilla seem to truly care about some very important issues and work hard to raise awareness. The Duke and Duchess simply struck me as birds in a guilded cage, travelling on a vacuous merry-go-round of parties and glamor. Not the best places to find happiness and meaning.

CAMILLAS makeup

Does anyone out here in computer land know of an article by Camillas make up lady that tells how she does her make up? There are thousands of us out here the same age as Camilla and if she can look that good I would sure like to know her tips on how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom