Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
Now I ask you - are they very short guys with beards, or are we rewriting classic fictions now?

Why not rewrite the classics here? We're talking about everything else! and, this does deem to be a nicer subject than others....:D :rolleyes:

Oh...rewrite the classics, Elspeth..I think we should start a thread on that one... ;)

Just like on the other thread (British Royalty and the Presidents of the U.S.) when we were drooling in our posts over Prince Andrew's pics and Warren came on to the thread and posted how easily we were diverted to the handsome princes in our postings. :)

LOL Lady Marmalade! Yes, Andrew is a cutie and we are bad. :D

BeatrixFan, I'm beginning to worry about you if you've started to take seven short men with you everywhere you go. :eek: ;)

Mmm....mine would be the two I mentioned already, Prince Nikolaos of Greece, Carl of Sweden, the Earl of Mornington, Prince of Wrede, and of course...Viscount Macmillan...he is such a bad boy and only a year older than me..

ysbel said:
LOL Lady Marmalade! Yes, Andrew is a cutie and we are bad. :D

BeatrixFan, I'm beginning to worry about you if you've started to take seven short men with you everywhere you go. :eek: ;)

Yeah, but as long as they're cute!

Britain' Prince Charles, arrives at the Club Fugazi Theater with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, to watch a special performance of the musical 'Beach Blanket Babylon' in San Francisco, late Sunday, Nov 6, 2005.

All from AP
#5: Prince Charles, left, and his wife, Camilla, right, Duchess of Cornwall, meet Val Diamond wearing a San Francisco Skyline Hat after they watched the musical performance of Beach Blanket Babylon in San Francisco, Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005. (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma, Pool)

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 125
  • sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 150
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 180
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 146
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 121
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 129
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 135
  • ap8.jpg
    ap8.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ap9.jpg
    ap9.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
How was it?

It must be time (soon) to give a wrap-up of this tour. Was it a success? How did Camilla handle the daily grind? How did she relate to people? Any observations on the "public" dynamic between Charles and Camilla? What differences are there in the Charles of a year ago and the Charles we see today? Did the Duchess do good? Does she deserve to get a second tiara in her Christmas stocking? Or even, gasp! the RFO?

:) W

Last edited:
Ohmigod, what a hat! LOL :D Warren. Reminds me of some big hats at Ascot.

Re:

I can really feel the love on this board.

The seven men are in actual fact ; Otis Ferry, Prince Harry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Andrea Casiraghi, Jude Law, David Beckham and strangely, David Tennant.

Not short and not bearded but they're handy to have about the place.

BeatrixFan said:
I can really feel the love on this board.

The seven men are in actual fact ; Otis Ferry, Prince Harry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Andrea Casiraghi, Jude Law, David Beckham and strangely, David Tennant.

Not short and not bearded but they're handy to have about the place.

Hmmm, I see you passed up on Prince William ;)

Re:

William's gone off terribly. I much prefer his brother. :)

BeatrixFan said:
The seven men are in actual fact: Otis Ferry, Prince Harry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Andrea Casiraghi, Jude Law, David Beckham and strangely, David Tennant.
And how do you think Camilla would relate to these A-Listers if she happened to come across them (singly or collectively) during the US Tour? Would they agree she deserves a second tiara? Do they have views on organic farming? Do they all buy Duchy Originals biscuits? Why are lists of your favourite men being posted here? Have we lost interest in the Tour already? ADHD??

Re:

And how do you think Camilla would relate to these A-Listers if she happened to come across them (singly or collectively) during the US Tour? Would they agree she deserves a second tiara? Why are lists of your favourite men being posted here? Have we lost interest in the Tour already? ADHD??

Lol - conversation veered off into boyish lust I'm afraid. But, Camilla has met Jude Law, Prince Harry of course who I believe she knows quite well, Otis Ferry and I imagine she'll one day meet Andrea Casiraghi. So they'd probably agree she deserves a second tiara. Enough to get this back on topic? ;)

Last edited:
Warren said:
And how do you think Camilla would relate to these A-Listers if she happened to come across them (singly or collectively) during the US Tour? Would they agree she deserves a second tiara? Do they have views on organic farming? Do they all buy Duchy Originals biscuits? Why are lists of your favourite men being posted here? Have we lost interest in the Tour already? ADHD??

Hmm, I see subtly, Warren is trying to get us back on topic. ;)

Well, its hard to tell now whether it was a success for Camilla or not. They certainly planned her coming out right. Her first gala dinner was hosting Mett-Marit, the only crown princess that brought a more controversial past into a royal marriage than Camilla. Her first formal event on the U.S. tour was the MOMA event where they rubbed shoulders with Donald Trump who is on his third wife and Sting who left his first wife for his second. Then they end the royal tour in Marin County - the one place where Charles is respected for his views on organic farming and the environment.

I think that the fact that Charles got any airtime for his views on organic farming and the environment does show that Camilla was not the liability to him or to the monarchy that people thought she would be.

Considering where she started off, that could be considered a victory.

BeatrixFan said:
Camilla has met ..... and I imagine she'll one day meet Andrea Casiraghi.
Do you think Camilla would be able to convince Andrea Casiraghi to get a haircut?

I hope not! He's cute the way he is! Oops, Warren, going offtrack again!

Being in the New York and watching the news I think it went well. People seemed to like Camilla and she appeared warm and friendly. She and charles looked happy. I think the visit was a success people did come out to meet them.

Warren said:
Do you think Camilla would be able to convince Andrea Casiraghi to get a haircut?

Thanks Warren for the good belly laugh, which is always a necessary thing in life!:p ;)

Re:

Lol - seeing as my hair is modelled on Andrea's - no, she shouldn't tell him to get a haircut! ;)

Sorry Warren....we were all drooling in lust in our postings from last night and early this morning...lol..

I would call the trip a success for the most part. Nothing major in terms any scandals or hiccups or miscontstrued speeches.

I do think Camilla wore that skirt last month the a gallery opening headed by her daughter Laura. Very appropriate for the show and I love the colors.

Warren said:

That boy and his brother have never looked like they bathe to me....

Lady Marmalade said:
That boy and his brother have never looked like they bathe to me....
LOL! I wouldn't post that in their thread if I were you. :D

Incas said:
LOL! I wouldn't post that in their thread if I were you. :D

I already did... ;)

He is handsome but....

Anyhoo....I think it was good for C & C to end their trip doing things so passionate in heart to them, the organic market, painting, and a little r & r.

Now she will be refreshed for the Chinese State Visit...

Charles and Camilla at St. Columba Church on Sunday November 6, 2005.
Colourpress Images.

Last edited:
Charles and Camilla at Club Fugazi Theater on Sunday November 6, 2005.
Colourpress Images

I'm sorry to see them go....I think the tour was an enormous success. I always kind of liked the duchess - she always struck me as down-to-earth and a real team player. I had always heard that she never really wanted to do public events, etc., but it seems that if they're to support her husband, the monarchy and Britain, she does them with gusto, while never monoplizing the spotlight. She's quite good at them, too, from what we've seen this week. C&C are a great team. I hope they enjoyed their visit to the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom