Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, these are the sort of protestors I like;

Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall arrive at St. Columba Church in Inverness, Calif., Sunday Nov. 6, 2005.

All from AP

Attachments

• ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 125
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 121
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 111
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 114
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 122
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 117
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 111
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 134
  • ap8.jpg
    ap8.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 114
  • ap9.jpg
    ap9.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 124
All from AP

Attachments

• ap8.jpg
    ap8.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 111
  • ap9.jpg
    ap9.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 131
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 117
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 122
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 113
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 118
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 131
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 120
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 120
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 145
#1-7: AP
#8-10: Reuters

Attachments

• ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 130
  • r3232475972.jpg
    r3232475972.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 110
  • r2620068088.jpg
    r2620068088.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 110
  • r578452505.jpg
    r578452505.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 107
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 136
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 132
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 117
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 110
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 104
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 110
#1-2,5-6: AP
#3-4: Reuters

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 124
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 173
  • r2856829608.jpg
    r2856829608.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 128
  • r319412775.jpg
    r319412775.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 104
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 114
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Jeff Wayne said:
Steve Croft, whom I am not very familiar with as I don't watch "60 Minutes", must have been thinking it was an informal interview. I don't think any interview with Prince Charles would be informally taken as the first interview before Charles comes here to the U.S., however the reporters in the U.S. vary in their opinions, so I am not to discount the idea that he feels that he is closer to Charles than anyone at that interview, when in fact he is fooling himself. You are correct, Lady Jean, he did not ask that question correctly, but rather, presumptively, posed the question as an interrogatory and investigative miscue. He should have corrected himself.

I noticed at one point in the interview, when they were sitting on a bench together, Steve Croft reached out and touched Charles' shoulder. Steve must not have read the protocol memo saying "No touching"! I was very surprised he did that (and that Charles didn't react too much).

Princejonnhy25 said:
There trip to New Orleans did bring much needed attention. In this ADD world and generation people become quite complacent. This was the first time that I had seen New Orleans since it was flooded. It was the first time that I saw the damage the floods did after the water receded. It was also the first time that I saw how much New Orleans has recovered so far. Thank you Chuck and Milla for giving us a much needed reminder.

How could you NOT have seen New Orleans post-flood? I see it every night!

But people forget about the areas of Texas, Mississippi and Alabama that were totally blown off the map. Those areas aren't on the news every night, and they need even more help.

Well, if people donate money for hurricane relief, it can go to all the areas where help is needed unless they specify that it should go for use in New Orleans.

It was wonderful to see St Columba's Church being included in the itinerary. I worshipped at that church for 15+ years and my children were baptised there. It is part of the very conservative side of the Anglican church. It is very interesting that they chose this part of California for the C&C's visit. The farmers market they visited yesterday are only 10 minutes away. It is in rural Marin county and very beautiful. But it is not where I would expect anyone to be impressed by someone with titles or royal blood. The 60's influence still run very deep in this part of the SF bay area.

I just found out from a friend of mine in Marin County that last night, Charles and Camilla had dinner and stayed the night at Mankas. I had dinner there last September with friends and it was one of the most amazing other-worldly places I've been, and the highlight of my week in the Bay Area. Knowing what I know about Charles, I bet he loved it. The restaurant only serves organic food from the area and it is amazing. Here's their Web site - I recommend it for anyone going to Northern California! www.mankas.com

Amazing how some protesters are liked for the signs they made and carried in San Francisco in reference to some of the international things going on, and others are told shame on them for protesting at all.......hmm...sorry kids, can't have your cake and eat to...

..saw that post coming a mile away.....

Re:

True. I only like protestors who agree with me. Life's unfair like that.

I am sure you did. ;)

Yes, one must give, that is what the true meaning of freemdom of expression. The right that all sides can have their opinions heard.

Good, please take those protesters back to your country then.

I am sure you did see that coming. :)

Freedom of expression means all sides get heard and have the right to protest.

Unlike for some, it is not a one way street of rights.

If you don't like it, the door to leave the country swings both ways... ;)

Last edited:
That poor woman...rather than get her psychological help, they just jumped on her bandwagon and mentally made her suffer more...

You can protest for your opinions and say other people aren't allowed to do the same (they won't listen anyway).
Being able to dismiss the opinions of others is democracy working. There are many countries where you are not allowed to protest at all, and dismissing others is a form of protest.

Unlike the two of you, it is not a one way street of rights.

Woah! Don't bring me into it. After my last telling off I'm being nice! My 'greedy' comment was a sarcastic one so I hope you didn't take offence.

No, not to you, I did not. I am more than happy to see a civilized posting by you on here. It keeps things in perspective. ;)

Layla1971 said:
You can protest for your opinions and say other people aren't allowed to do the same (they won't listen anyway).
Being able to dismiss the opinions of others is democracy working. There are many countries where you are not allowed to protest at all, and dismissing others is a form of protest.

Here here!!!! Great points made, Layla!!

Re:

No, not to you, I did not. I am more than happy to see a civilized posting by you on here. It keeps things in perspective.

Hee Hee - life's too short for arguments that can never be resolved. (I've suddenly become rather like Snow White - do I like my new image? :confused: )

As moderators have said before this not the place to be infer, imply or outright trash, anyone head of state from any country.

If anyone here does not like the current people in charge, hey, that is absolutely okay with me, you have that right not to.

But it works both ways. I have the right to like them, and this is not a place to bash them.

I certainly hope you do.

Whatever do you mean by Snow White? Something about being attended by seven very short guys with beards? Sudden fondness for apples?

Re:

Whatever do you mean by Snow White? Something about being attended by seven very short guys with beards? Sudden fondness for apples?

I'm not sure Elspeth although the seven men idea sounds as if there could have some benefits to it. I think it's the angelic glow I've suddenly acquired and the bluebirds, rabbits and deer that have taken to sitting around my desk. Excuse any spelling errors but its difficult typing with a squirrel on the keyboard.

As long as two of those seven are Prince Harry and the Honorable Edward Tollemache, I could totally see those benefits.....

Now I ask you - are they very short guys with beards, or are we rewriting classic fictions now?

Nah, Prince Harry is too tall! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom