Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan...would you say she has "Killer Legs" :)

#1: Britain's Prince Charles talks with United States Coast Guard Vice-Admrial Thad Allen, left, and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers Brig. Gen. Robert Crear as his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, talks with Coast Guard Captain Tom Atkin as they stand atop the repaired levee during a visit to the Industrial Canal levee in New Orleans Friday afternoon Nov. 4, 2005. The Industrial Canal levee breeched during Hurricane Katrina contributing heavily to the flooding which ravaged the Crescent City. Prince Charles viewed the levee and toured a school during a brief visit to New Orleans Friday. (AP Photos/Stephan Savoia)
#2,4: AP
#3: Reuters

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 135
  • ap11.jpg
    ap11.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 134
  • r819108710.jpg
    r819108710.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 155
  • ap12.jpg
    ap12.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Re:

BeatrixFan...would you say she has "Killer Legs"

Well, I've no idea what the expression means but her legs are pretty fantastic. Does that make them 'killer'?

Killer...to die for...yes..that would make them so.

we need to start a vernacular thread so everyone will know what the other is saying!!:p

I like this accent mix up. I watch a lot of british shows and Ive picked up the lingo. I had no idea that the ameican lingo was so...um..american. I thought the brits would know it. Killer means awesome, incredible, to die for.

The duchess does have killer legs. For a woman of her age her legs are fantastic. That is one of her strong points. Her voice is like Marlene D. you think that is the sexiness everyone talks about when people meet her. I like the suit she wore in New Orleans. The skirt is really nice and the shirt and jacket are nice too.

I agree with a vernacular thread...love BBC America...Footballers Wives, What not to wear, etc. Half the time I don't follow what is being said (the British slang so to speak). But I LOVE IT!

Elspeth said:
What on earth is that brooch? She looks as though she's being attacked by a mutant stick insect.

that is too funny! I was actually just looking at these photos with a friend and remarked, "why does she have a praying mantis on her shoulder?"

I admit that I have not been a huge fan of Camilla -- but past is past and the only thing that matters is that Charles is content.

Based on the pictures seems Camilla is not up-staging him at all either. I guess he could be comfortable with that.

Last edited:
I am a die hard fan of Coronation Street. Everyday at 7:30 on CBC. One of the greatest shows ever. The only bad thing is that we are several months behind Britian. Right now Katie just killed her Dad Tommy and they just arrested Martin Platt. I did not expect this story line. I thought Katie was gonna have her baby and try a relationship with martin. I also love Doctor Who. Cant wait till it comes back. And the only news I trust is BBC. I can understand the Mancunian accent perfectly but I have a hard time understanding the Cockney and southern accents sometimes. Camillas hat would have been perfect if it werent for that spiral shrapnel sticking out.

Princejonnhy25 said:
The duchess does have killer legs. For a woman of her age her legs are fantastic. That is one of her strong points. Her voice is like Marlene D. you think that is the sexiness everyone talks about when people meet her. I like the suit she wore in New Orleans. The skirt is really nice and the shirt and jacket are nice too.

I hear a clip of her voice -- I do think that her voice is a very stong point for her. Not what I would've imagined by looking at her. Not shrill, very comforting and she seems to have an even tone when she speaks.

Good for her.

Camilla has been a horsewomen her whole life - it builds very strong legs - hence no flab there.

Elspeth said:
What on earth is that brooch? She looks as though she's being attacked by a mutant stick insect.

I was thinking the samething:D

BeatrixFan said:
LOL! None taken! Her voice is like Marlene Dietrich's in my view. Dripping with diamonds and you just want to listen. I shall stop now before my persuasion changes and I begin driving with one arm hanging out of the window, peeing in the sink and start calling everyone 'mate'.

Well, I've heard that Jesus can turn gay people straight, but I had no idea that Camilla had the same effect.

ysbel said:
They need to put on a show that reflects who they really are. Camilla and Charles are not flashy (gold gown notwithstanding :p ). Camilla's strength is in that she doesn't try to portray herself as anything that what she is. A big show would be a mistake IMHO.

I don't mean flashy & when I say BIGSHOW. I mean that this is a Very Very Very Important Trip for both. Representing Their country here in America. It is ok when they are in their own element( other royal dinners ) or Ribbon cutting cermonies, etc..... But this is something Bigger. It is like comparing a Regional Championship to the Olympics.

That is what I mean. I know that they aren't flashy,

mandyy said:
#1,4-5,7-8,10: Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, look at the Memorial for the Second World War in Washington, Friday, Nov. 4, 2005.
#2-3,6,9: Britain's Prince Charles, and his wife Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall, arrive at the Folger Shakespeare Library Friday, Nov. 4, 2005, in Washington.

All from AP

Much better outfit. Well except for the Big BUG on her jacket:p I see that someone has done their homework & probably got the hint from that Rag The New York Post.

Panther2000 said:
That is what I mean. I know that they aren't flashy,

OK panther, now I understand you. Thanks for explaining. :)

Actually I just saw that clip of Camilla speaking and she sounds EXACTLY what I thought she'd sound like - deep and husky.

Elspeth said:
Well, I've heard that Jesus can turn gay people straight, but I had no idea that Camilla had the same effect.

LOL Elspeth :D

The pictures from New Orleans look great. I'm really glad they went.

After all, Camilla is one of the sexy Shands! Sexiness is in their veins, the combinations of the genes from father family and mother family. It is said that Annable and Laura have similar sounds. Just make men feel thrilled.I think people who meet Camilla will really find her pretty, attractive, and glamour.

For those of you with CNN.

Larry King Live just had a whole hour devoted to their trip with Joan Collins (the one and only Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan Dexter), Joan Rivers, Hugo Vickers, etc.

It will be repeated at 11:00 pm CST, 12 pm ET, and I am not sure when overseas.

That was one of my least favorite Larry Kings on the Royals. It was a bit boring, way off topic sometimes, and the people kept saying things that didnt make sense. Didnt learn much and felt like I lost an hour.

ysbel said:
LOL Elspeth :D

The pictures from New Orleans look great. I'm really glad they went.

I am glad that Charles helped her down the embankment(sp) trying to walk down that loose gravel hill in heels is dangerous. & think Charles finally caughton & helped her out. Yeah, he is suppose to walk in front:rolleyes: but, jesus, HELPE A GIRL OUT will yeah. It is after all the gentlemen thing to do. all we would need to have her roll down the hill & break a hip or someting.

Lady Marmalade said:
For those of you with CNN.

Larry King Live just had a whole hour devoted to their trip with Joan Collins (the one and only Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan Dexter), Joan Rivers, Hugo Vickers, etc.

It will be repeated at 11:00 pm CST, 12 pm ET, and I am not sure when overseas.

Yeah, I caught the tail end of it. Joan Rivers was the biggest Comic Bashing the Royals back in the 80's 90's. She had a showl HBO special from England. I mean that she took no prisioners. & everyone knows how mean Joan can be.

But, I loved how they were still trying to Build it up here. Yes, I think that the trip ( barring any major errors or anything short of Charles knocking off the President) this trip in their eyes & their PR people & all the other spin doctors out there will say that massive success.

I think the trip will be a success for them & for the 19% of the public that actually really truly cares about it. The Truth is that people may be courious(sp) like stopping to look at a accident. But, that doesn't mean that we are all giddy as a school girl.

But, Joan needs to stop with the plastic surgeies already. Good God she looks awful. that goes for both Joans. Completly fake & stiff like

Prince Charles and Camilla tour hurricane-damaged New Orleans
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051105/en_afp/usbritainroyals;_ylt=AlnzIhSajqP.SdDUIMlyplx0bBAF; _ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Camilla brims with pride
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005510540,00.html
the couple got points over the baby! lol! you wouldn't believe it!

Duchess faces style snubs but wins admirers in glare of US media
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...5/ixworld.html

In pictures: royal couple woo America

In pictures: White House visit
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4401338.stm

Charles asks US to lead on planet
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4398352.stm

Royals see storm-hit New Orleans
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4409232.stm

Charles pays tribute to war dead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4408890.stm

Royals to meet Katrina survivors
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4405730.stm

Camilla dodges glass door in US
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4405042.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I would like to point out as I am watching Larry King, is that any poll taken in the U.S. usually includes only about a 1,000 people.

Now mathmatically and statistically speaking, there is no way in heck these represent a nation of almost 300 million people..

That is, and I have said it before, polls are useless entities. They represent nothing in this country.

C'mon..think about it...how can 1,000 people even represent a city of 2 million or so in this country from a polling perspective?

It drives me crazy when they say these things.

do not know if you saw this on american tv but on the bbc news they showed charles and camilla meeting members of the public in New orleans and one woman was looking with total adoration at charles when he was nearby and she asked can I give you a kiss, he bent towards her and she held his face gently with one hand and kissed his cheek and he was all smiles and kindness.

Saw him in NY at a cocktailparty surrounded by 3 longhaired blondes, they looked from behind like triplets and I imagine without knowing him that he enjoyed the NO moment more.

Here is a better view of the dress Camilla wore at the White House reception on November 2, 2005. Colourpress.

Memorial for the Second World War November 4, 2005. Colourpress

More pictures from the Memorial for the Second World War November 4, 2005 Colourpress

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 226
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 213
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 174
  • zd.jpg
    zd.jpg