Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyS said:
One thing I really like about Camilla is her sense of humour, she is always smiling and appears to make others around her smile and laugh.

I think for Prince Charles it must be wonderful to have a partner with you at events and official visits. Particularly when you have had to attend weddings and such alone.

I so agree. The incident with the door was funny and that Sun cartoon about Laura and Charles' tushie is hilarious.

I am waiting impatiently for the magazines to come out today; there should be a lot of great pictures to see. I really enjoy Charles and Camilla, and hope that their visit is a huge success. I was lucky enough to see the 60 Minutes interview with Charles and was very impressed. He was a lot more charming than I would have given him credit for, and it was fun to watch him.

Interesting article by the BBC on Charles and Camilla.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4405674.stm
He was, once, a man alone. At times, the Prince of Wales appeared rather a lonely figure on the international stage.

Unaccompanied, for more than a decade,he sat through countless state banquets, seminars and welcoming speeches.
All that has now changed - and so has he. Camilla's presence has stopped Charles from cutting a lonely figure
With the Duchess of Cornwall by his side and abroad together for the first time, the Prince appears relaxed and keen to ensure his wife is coping with her new life inside the royal goldfish bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful camilla! she looked stunning in her golden dress.
i'm so surprised about ehr evolving style since she married. she is definetely doing a great job.

I'm with you. she looks great in that dress! she is doing so well in her new job, she's blown me away.​

just having a look at the pics i found this lovely one:

i found it so cute!! look at them both looking in the eyes of each other while passing the pen, charles look and smile at camilla... they look sooo in love!!!

long life to the prince of wales and duchess of cornwall... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is the Prince of Wales wearing his medals today? Does it have something to do with their visit to the World War II memorial?

They're off to New Orleans next. Personally I think this is a bit of a mistake and I hope nothing goes wrong to spoil the trip because it's gone very very well so far.

That's a fab outfit for Camilla. It really suits her.

The BBC keeps saying in its reports "Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall..." This is getting a bit monotonous, especially after the first time in a news bulletin. It's as though they think that if they don't preface "the Duchess of Cornwall" with "his wife," people won't manage to make the connection and will instead think that perhaps he's just taken some random Duchess along on the trip.

What on earth is that brooch? She looks as though she's being attacked by a mutant stick insect.

foxy_digitalis said:
. She looks spectacular! This trip should really put paid to those who have been keen to dismiss her as a frump. She's looked very smart indeed.

With all the new dresses that were designed for this trip. Extra Extra Extra care went her appearences here. Eventhough she is Charles new Wife. Coming here to America She is NOW Really on the World Stage. World Wide Attention. Cutting a Ribbon in Englad for whatever she doesn't get this much attention. She has to put on the RITZ, othewise you can guess what the headline will read. They have to put on a BIGSHOW here in America. If anyone thinking that she would come here in those Frumpy outfits she wheres in England( & They are frumpy) then, they truly were mistaken. She Looks Good Yes, but I did not aspect anything else.

They are getting a Nice Welcome. Not an over the top approval, but a nice LOWKEY welcome.

The Gold evening gown was a much better choice after what was worn to the White House.

camillas hat

Today the suit was nice the hat would have been nice without the corkscrew thing sticking out of it.

Panther2000 said:
They have to put on a BIGSHOW here in America.

They need to put on a show that reflects who they really are. Camilla and Charles are not flashy (gold gown notwithstanding :p ). Camilla's strength is in that she doesn't try to portray herself as anything that what she is. A big show would be a mistake IMHO.

#1,4-5,7-8,10: Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, look at the Memorial for the Second World War in Washington, Friday, Nov. 4, 2005.
#2-3,6,9: Britain's Prince Charles, and his wife Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall, arrive at the Folger Shakespeare Library Friday, Nov. 4, 2005, in Washington.

All from AP

Attachments

• ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 172
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 158
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 141
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 167
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 158
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 157
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 148
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 152
  • ap8.jpg
    ap8.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 188
  • ap9.jpg
    ap9.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 153
#1: at the Folger Shakespeare Library
All others are from Memorial for the Second World War in Washington
#1-6: AP
#7-10: Reuters

Attachments

• ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 151
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 508
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 143
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 142
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 141
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 457
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 154
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 153
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 153
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
#1-2: AFP
#3-7: Reuters
#8-10: AP

Attachments

• afp.jpg
    afp.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 159
  • afp1.jpg
    afp1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 153
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 136
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 143
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 142
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 169
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 159
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 154
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 173
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
At the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington
#1-3: AP
#4: Reuters

Attachments

• ap11.jpg
    ap11.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 157
  • ap12.jpg
    ap12.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 133
  • ap13.jpg
    ap13.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 163
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 134
#1: Prince Charles is greeted by Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco upon his arrival at the New Orleans Airport Friday, Nov. 4, 2005. Prince Charles and his wife Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, were to meet with residents and Hurricane Katrina recovery workers, and they're scheduled to visit the first school in the city to reopen since the storm. (AP Photo/Judi Bottoni)
#2: Britain's Prince Charles talks with United States Coast Guard Captain Tom Atkin as his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, looks on while walking down a street in the lower 9th Ward near the Industrial Canal levee in New Orleans Friday afternoon Nov. 4, 2005. The Industrial Canal levee breeched during Hurricane Katrina contributing heavily to the flooding which ravaged the Crescent City. Prince Charles viewed the levee and toured a school during a brief visit to New Orleans Friday. (AP Photos/Stephan Savoia)
All from AP

Royal couple in New Orleans
http://www.kbcitv.com/x51828.xml?URL=http://10.56.1.26/APWIREFEED/d8dltvp83.xml&NewsSection=NationalHeadlines

Charles, Camilla see Katrina's devastating aftermath in New Orleans
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2005/11/04/build/nation/60-royals.inc

Attachments

• ap13.jpg
    ap13.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 139
  • ap15.jpg
    ap15.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 163
  • ap14.jpg
    ap14.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 153
  • ap12.jpg
    ap12.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 146
  • ap11.jpg
    ap11.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 136
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 198
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 152
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 149
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 134
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Thansk u lots for new pictures mandyy. The Duchess looks really fantastic with her new outfit for the Memorial Service, but the hat i think generally it looks alright, the Duchess seems having great collection of hats now.

It would be so lovely if she re-started the tradition of never wearing a hat twice but she'd be slated in the press for extravagance so thats that idea out. :(

#1,7-9: AP
#2-6,10: Reuters

Attachments

• ap16.jpg
    ap16.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 172
  • r526430680.jpg
    r526430680.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 142
  • r2241587641.jpg
    r2241587641.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 143
  • r3211493512.jpg
    r3211493512.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 138
  • r4127460901.jpg
    r4127460901.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 127
  • r846694175.jpg
    r846694175.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 137
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 131
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 166
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 146
  • r951900021.jpg
    r951900021.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Now then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4405042.stm

If you click on the link above, there's a video link of Camilla giving a speech on Osteoporosis.

Now, I'm gay and without sounding as fruity as a nutcake, Camilla has such a sexy voice! I know that hearing her speak about a bone disease isn't exactly a turn on, but her voice is quite deep and rich and extremely sexy. And yes - I did check out her legs too. Fabulous! I've come to the decision that HRH is rather sexy overall.

BeatrixFan said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4405042.stm

If you click on the link above, there's a video link of Camilla giving a speech on Osteoporosis.

Now, I'm gay and without sounding as fruity as a nutcake, Camilla has such a sexy voice! I know that hearing her speak about a bone disease isn't exactly a turn on, but her voice is quite deep and rich and extremely sexy. And yes - I did check out her legs too. Fabulous! I've come to the decision that HRH is rather sexy overall.

BeatrixFan, I am going to test your theory out here. My best friend is a gay male and I am going to make him listen to this and tell me what he thinks!:p ;) I will even make him look at her legs!!:eek: :p ;) (NOT INTENDED AS AN INSULT)

Re:

BeatrixFan, I am going to test your theory out here. My best friend is a gay male and I am going to make him listen to this and tell me what he thinks!

LOL! None taken! Her voice is like Marlene Dietrich's in my view. Dripping with diamonds and you just want to listen. I shall stop now before my persuasion changes and I begin driving with one arm hanging out of the window, peeing in the sink and start calling everyone 'mate'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom