Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Looking Couple

mandyy said:
Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, walk towards a gala reception at the British Embassy in Washington late Thursday Nov. 3, 2005.

#1-5: AP
I AM SO GLAD THAT CHARLES AND CAMILLA OF LOOKING MORE RELAX. I WAS SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT THE BRITISH PEOPLE ARE TAKING UP FOR CAMILLA BECAUSE OF THE RUDE THINGS THAT THE U.S. MEDIA IS SAYING ABOUT HER!!!:D :D

Camilla looks very nice this evening.

sophie said:
I AM SO GLAD THAT CHARLES AND CAMILLA OF LOOKING MORE RELAX. I WAS SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT THE BRITISH PEOPLE ARE TAKING UP FOR CAMILLA BECAUSE OF THE RUDE THINGS THAT THE U.S. MEDIA IS SAYING ABOUT HER!!!:D :D

With respect, SOME of our tabloid papers are being catty towards her. Our respectable papers and other news media are not. We have a little more tact than that in this country.

If I were you, I would visit the unofficial royal family pages and then click current news and you can see the job SOME of the British papers are doing on her. ;)

Well, we know what sells papers and what doesn't, and quiet appreciation of a job well done is one of those things that unfortunately doesn't.

I thought the dress was going to be a full length gown. She has gone with a new look with this dress.

I think if it were a full-length gown made of fabric like that, it'd be the sort of occasion where Prince Charles would be dressed more formally too.

I am sorry..I am just not feeling the colors. Last night's gown (at the White House dinner) would have been great in gold/yellow. Tonights gown would have shown better in black/blue. Other than that, I think the dress designs are beautiful.

Tonight's gown was good but a little too shiny in the flash pictures. I'm happy to see a departure from all of the blue outfits. Mrs. Bush looked stunning last night.
I think Camilla has worn tonight's necklace before, a few years ago during one of her debut outings as (officially) Charles' girlfriend.

Charles and Camilla at the National Institute of Health in Bathesda on November 3, 2005.
Colourpress pictures

A friend of mine from America sent me an e-mail that said one of the cable news stations there referred to Camilla has having "been around the block" if that is indeed true, that was a horrid comment to make!

Charles and Camilla at the National Building Museum on November 3, 2005.
Colourpress Pictures

Charles at Georgetown University Campus in Washingtom on November 3, 2005.
Colourpress Pictures

Thanks for the great pictures Mandy! It's unusual for a member of The Royal Family to give autographs, Prince Charles must have been in a great mood!

Charles and Camilla attend a reception at the British Embassy in Washington on November 3, 2005.
Colourpress Pictures

ouch...i dun like the outfit.....it just show us all her weaknesses.....and.....
i think the dress without the lace? sleeves would look better...

Camilla has very nice legs (and dainty feet) and the A-line of her skirt(s) emphasises this. She does, however, have poor posture. Keep your back straight Camilla and lift your chin!

"Love Prince Charles' matching scarf pocket. That's a nice touch"
Yes, at one time or another they've both gone for the small detail that matches the other's outfit. Very sweet!

Tabulation methodology defended!

Elspeth said:
It could be argued that a person shouldn't need a research grant to notice a certain avatar of Queen Mary that inhabits the British forum. Maybe a new pair of reading glasses, though...:cool:
But my avatar tabulation methodology specifically referred to member's avatars only. This was designed to protect the independence of the survey from accusations of "official" interference and bias.

However, the best solution would be to have the four Camillas in one corner of the ring, the three Dianas plus tiara in the opposite corner, Queen Victoria in one neutral corner, Prince Harry in the other, and Queen Mary assuming her central position as the referee in the centre of the ring. Every avatar has its place, the balance is maintained, and order is restored (or else!).

:) W

Warren said:
But my avatar tabulation methodology specifically referred to member's avatars only. This was designed to protect the independence of the survey from accusations of "official" interference and bias.

However, the best solution would be to have the four Camillas in one corner of the ring, the three Dianas plus tiara in the opposite corner, Queen Victoria in one neutral corner, Prince Harry in the other, and Queen Mary assuming her central position as the referee in the centre of the ring. Every avatar has its place, the balance is maintained, and order is restored (or else!).

:) W

And I, along with all the other "foreign royals" shall be most happy to watch.lol. ;) :D

I'll get my score cards ready...

"MII"

What a beautiful dress, I thought she looked fantastic!

Re:

She does, however, have poor posture. Keep your back straight Camilla and lift your chin!

I've noticed that sometimes her posture slips a bit - reading her speech that she gave on Osteoporosis made me worry for her a little. It's an illness within her family and although I pray and hope she hasn't got such a terrible illness (or ANY illness come to that matter) it might explain it.

I loved the gold and thought the daisy necklace was very pretty. If she goes for a Daisy motif, she can borrow some bits and bobs from Queen Margrethe! ;)

One thing I really like about Camilla is her sense of humour, she is always smiling and appears to make others around her smile and laugh.

I think for Prince Charles it must be wonderful to have a partner with you at events and official visits. Particularly when you have had to attend weddings and such alone.

Re:

One thing I really like about Camilla is her sense of humour, she is always smiling and appears to make others around her smile and laugh.

I thought the way she dealt with the glass door incident was brilliant! She just seems to have a real happy and jolly manner that really is endearing.

BeatrixFan, I confess I didn't think of the osteoporosis family history. However, Camilla is a sportswoman and hopefully she is following Charles' example in eating properly (as we all know, he's a great fan of healthy living).
The poor posture seems to be more visible at times when she may feel uncertain or intimidated or just plain tired. Being in the public eye practically 24/7 during this US trip must be enormously stressful. However, Charles seems very supportive and his broad smiles and laughing face are sooooo different from his sullen attitude when traveling with Diana.

Re:

The poor posture seems to be more visible at times when she may feel uncertain or intimidated or just plain tired.

I know what you mean. When all those flash bulbs were going off in front of the White House she looked so nervous and I just wanted to cuddle her and say "It's alright Milla!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom