Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been listening to the protesters but I cannot understand them. I hear them saying the presidents and prime minister blairs names. Yelling we want freedom and that they are murderes.

President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand with Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2005, at the North Portico of the White House, as they arrived for a social dinner in State Dining Room. This is the first joint trip to the United States by Charles and Camilla since they were married in April.
#1-3,7,9-10: AP
#4-6,8: Reuters

Attachments

• ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 170
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 158
  • r1136461564.jpg
    r1136461564.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 181
  • r3040045194.jpg
    r3040045194.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 156
  • r3141986595.jpg
    r3141986595.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 183
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 163
  • ap11.jpg
    ap11.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 154
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 632
  • ap12.jpg
    ap12.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 134
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I have to say the First Lady looks very good in red. She looks very vibrant next to Camilla in quite a somber, matronly dress.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any information about Madame Bush's necklace? It is simply stunning!

Charles & Camilla in Washington D.C. - White House visit with the Bushes, SEED School
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1543&Itemid=2

Charles & Camilla in New York - Ground Zero tribute, British Memorial Garden, United Nations, MoMA
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1539&Itemid=2

Prince Charles pleads for Zimbabwe during visit to United Nations headquarters
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1541&Itemid=2

Mrs. Bush does look stunning. Camilla looks lovely yet sombre. I think it looks nice. Better than the royal dinner one in britian. I wish she would have worn some color though.

Laura looks great. I'm not impress by Camilla. The jacket looks awful and too casual on the skirt (and the bad colour of course). Maybe she has something better underneath. The skirt's colour is beautiful.

Not trying to be a moderator or anything...but referring the late Princess of Wales as Lady Diana is not nice. That could start a minor riot..and after yesterday...I feel like we are at a good place right now in this forum. And for the record, yes the Duchess of Cornwall is legally known as the Princess of Wales but SHE pefers to be known as the Duchess of Cornwall

Well, I think she looks wonderful. She can't avoid colours because they've been worn before.

Okay..Happy Place Happy Place :)

Does anyone have more pics?!

In reference to Mrs. Bush's dress...it is very nice. I think she also has one in yellow but I could be confusing her with someone else.

Then lets keep this thread for it's purpose, as a Charles and Camilla thread only and we won't have a 'minor riot'.... Now, as for the toasts, The Prince of Wales has given such an amazing tribute to our American friends. I am very impressed by him, and he has done Britain proud.

And by the way, Mrs Bush choose lovely place settings... I've never recalled a State Dinner as lovely as this one

DINNER MENU

Celery Broth with Crispy Rock Shrimp
Newton Chardonnay "Unfiltered" 2002
Medallions of Buffalo Tenderloin
Roasted Corn
Wild Rice Pancakes
Glazed Parsnips and Young Carrots
Peter Michael Pinot Noir "Le Moulin Rouge" 2002
Mint Romaine Lettuce with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Vermont Camembert Cheese and Spiced Walnuts
Petits Fours Cake
Chartreuse Ice Cream
Red and Green Grape Sauce
Iron Horse "Wedding Cuvée" 2002
Table Arrangements

Dinner Table Settings and Music - The State Dining Room, The White House State Floor
Clinton China
Vermeil flatware
Gold pintuck silk tablecloths
Sprays of white phaeleanopsis orchids with camellia foliage in the historic White House vermeil candelabras

ENTERTAINMENT

The United States Marine Band Flute trio - The East Entrance
The United States Marine Band - The Grand Foyer
The United States Marine Band "Strolling Strings" - The State Floor
After Dinner Entertainment - The White House State Floor
Yo Yo Ma, Cellist - The East Room
Kathryn Stott, Concert Pianist - The East Room
The United States Marine Dance Band - The Grand Foyer After Dinner Entertainment - The White House State Floor
Yo Yo Ma, Cellist - The East Room
Kathryn Stott, Concert Pianist - The East Room
The United States Marine Dance Band - The Grand Foyer

Skydragon said:
Shame on the New York Post for calling Camilla a frump. Perhaps the writer has no idea about chic. :mad:
You also have an English 'woman' called Lisa Hartwick, who lives in Edinburgh following them around with nasty placards. :mad:
So if you meet either of these 'women', squash them!:D

The New York Post is the equivalent of your Daily Mail....wallpaper you be used to line kennel cages with. ;)

Pay no attention to that garbage journalism.

As usual, Mrs. Bush looks great. She defines elegance, refinement and class. Camilla looks good, but not fantastic.

paloma said:
As usual, Mrs. Bush looks great. She defines elegance, refinement and class. Camilla looks good, but not fantastic.

Just checked the pictures of the dinner. I agree with you Paloma, Camilla looks okay but she could have chosen a better outfit that suits her better. I haven't liked anything she's worn yet, and I'm sorry but jeez! would it kill Charles to smile?!:mad:

From C-Span:

SOCIAL DINNER IN HONOR OF THE PRINCE OF WALES AND DUCHESS OF CORNWALL HOSTED BY THE PRESIDENT AND MRS. BUSH GUEST LIST

Wednesday, November 2, 2005

GUEST LIST

THE PRESIDENT and MRS. BUSH
His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall
Dr. Kenneth Z. Altshuler, Stanton Sharp Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Mrs. Ruth Altshuler
The Honorable Katharine Armstrong
Mr. Ben Love (Guest)
Mr. Michael Beschloss, Historian
Mrs. Afsaneh Beschloss, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Rock Creek Group
The Honorable Nancy G. Brinker, Founding Chairman, The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
Dr. Richard Merkin, Heritage Provider Network (Guest)
Mr. Tom Brokaw, Special Correspondent, NBC News
Mrs. Meredith Brokaw
The Honorable George Herbert Walker Bush
Mrs. Barbara Bush
Miss Jenna Bush
Mr. Henry Hager (Guest)
Mr. Marvin P. Bush, Managing Partner, Winston Partners
Mrs. Margaret Bush
Mr. Neil Bush, Chairman, Ignite! Learning
Mrs. Maria Bush
The Reverend Kirbyjon H. Caldwell, Pastor, Windsor Village United Methodist Church
Mrs. Suzette Caldwell
Mr. Joseph Canizaro, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, First Bank and Trust, Chairman, Donum Dei Foundation
Mrs. Sue Ellen Canizaro
The Honorable Andrew H. Card, Jr., Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff
The Reverend Kathleene B. Card, Trinity United Methodist Church
Ms. Elizabeth L. Cheney, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs, Department of State
Mr. Philip J. Perry, General Counsel, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Ms. Mary Cheney
Ms. Heather Poe (Guest)
The Honorable Richard Cheney, Vice President of the United States
The Honorable Lynne V. Cheney
Mr. Andrew Cosslett, Chair, Duchy Originals, Chief Executive Officer, Intercontinental Hotels Group
Mrs. Louise Cosslett, Windsor, Berkshire, UK
Mr. Harlan R. Crow, Crow Holdings
Mrs. Kathy Crow
Mr. Oscar de la Renta, Designer
Mrs. Anne de la Renta, Vice-Chairman, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Dr. David Donald, Lincoln Historian and Professor Emeritus, Harvard University
Dr. Jennifer Groh, Professor of Psychology, Dartmouth College (Daughter-in-law)
Mr. Llwyd Ecclestone, Jr., Chairman, Ecclestone Organization
Mrs. Diana Ecclestone
The Honorable Donald B. Ensenat, Chief of Protocol, United States
Mrs. Taylor Ensenat
The Honorable Donald L. Evans, Chief Executive Office, Financial Services Forum
Mrs. Susan Evans
The Honorable William S. Farish, Former American Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Mrs. Sarah Farish
Mr. Bradford M. Freeman, General Partner, Freeman Spogli & Co.
Ms. Penelope S. Royall, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Department of Health and Human Services (Guest)
The Honorable Bill Frist, United States Senator (R/Tennessee)
Mrs. Karyn Frist
Sir Fred Goodwin, Group Chief Executive, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
Lady Joyce Goodwin, Edinburgh, Scotland
Mr. Kelsey Grammer, Actor
Mrs. Camille Donatacci Grammer
The Honorable Stephen J. Hadley, Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
Mrs. Ann Hadley, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice
The Honorable Jane Harman, United States Representative (D/California)
Mr. Brian Frank (Son)
The Honorable J. Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the House (R/Illinois)
Mrs. Jean Hastert
Mr. Wallace Holladay, Jr., President, Holladay Corporation
Mrs. Winton Holladay
Lieutenant General Russel L. Honore, USA, Commanding General, First U.S. Army
Mrs. Beverly Honore
Mrs. Caroline Rose Hunt
Mr. Charles M. Simmons (Guest)
The Honorable Clay Johnson III, Deputy Director for Management, Office of Management and Budget
Mrs. Anne S. Johnson, Director, Arts in Embassies Program, Department of State
Mr. James Kidner, Assistant Private Secretary to The Prince of Wales
Mr. Robert P. Koch, President and Chief Executive Officer, Wine Institute
Mrs. Doro Koch
Ms. Wendy Kopp, President and Founder, Teach For America
Mr. Richard Barth, Jr., President, District Partnership Division, Edison Schools
Mr. Henry R. Kravis, Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
Mrs. Marie-Josee Kravis, President, The Museum of Modern Art
The Honorable James C. Langdon, Jr., Attorney, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer and Feld LLP
Mrs. Sandy Langdon
The Honorable Ronald S. Lauder, Chairman, Central European Media Enterprises, Chairman, Clinique Laboratories
Mrs. Jo Carole Lauder, Chair, Friends of Art and Preservation in Embassies
Mr. Charles Leavell, Rolling Stone Keyboardist, Trustee, American Forest Foundation
Mrs. Rose Leavell
The Honorable Joseph I. Lieberman, United States Senator (D/Connecticut)
Mrs. Hadassah Lieberman
Mr. Yo-Yo Ma, Cellist
Ms. Jill C. Hornor
Ms. Amanda MacManus, Assistant Private Secretary to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
His Excellency Sir David Manning, KCMG, Ambassador of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to the United States
Lady Catherine M. Manning, Spouse of the British Ambassador to the United States
Mr. John Marion, Honorary Chairman, Sotheby's North America
Mrs. Anne Marion, Investor and Art Collector, Fort Worth, Texas
The Honorable Anita McBride, Deputy Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady, Office of Mrs. Bush
The Honorable Timothy J. McBride, Senior Vice President of Government Relations, Freddie Mac
Dr. Azar Nafisi, Professor, Johns Hopkins University
General Peter Pace, USMC, Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
Mrs. Lynne Pace
Mr. Mike Rake, Esq., Chairman, Business in the Community, Chairman KPMG International, UK
Mrs. Nancy Reagan
Mr. Merv Griffin (Guest)
The Honorable Condoleezza Rice, Secretary of State
Mr. Gene A. Washington, Director of Football Operations, National Football League (Guest)
Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., The Chief Justice of the United States
Mrs. Jane Sullivan Roberts
The Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
Mrs. Joyce Rumsfeld
Professor Witold Rybczynski, Professor, University of Pennsylvania
Ms. Shirley Hallam
Mrs. Linda Scott, Spouse of Mr. H. Lee Scott, President, Walmart
Mr. James L. Scott (Brother-in-law of Mr. H. Lee Scott)
Mr. Red Steagall, Poet Laureate of the State of Texas 2006
Mrs. Gail Steagall
Mr. Robert A.M. Stern, Dean, Yale University School of Architecture, Founder and Senior Partner, Robert A.M. Stern Architects
Ms. Kathryn Stott, Concert Pianist
Mr. Lynn C. Swann, Commentator, ABC Sports Collegiate Football
Dr. Charena Swann
Mr. H. Patrick Swygert, President, Howard University
Ms. Patricia Worthy (Guest)
The Honorable Robert Tuttle, American Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Mrs. Maria Tuttle, Spouse of the American Ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Mr. R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr., Editor in Chief, The American Spectator
Mrs. Jeanne Hauch Tyrrell
Mr. Tom Watson, Professional Golfer
Mrs. Hilary Watson
The Honorable Anthony A. Williams, Mayor of the District of Columbia
Mrs. Diane Williams
Mr. Herman Wouk, Author
Mrs. Sarah Wouk

From C-Span:

DINNER MENU

Celery Broth with Crispy Rock Shrimp
Newton Chardonnay "Unfiltered" 2002

Medallions of Buffalo Tenderloin
Roasted Corn
Wild Rice Pancakes
Glazed Parsnips and Young Carrots
Peter Michael Pinot Noir "Le Moulin Rouge" 2002

Mint Romaine Lettuce with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Vermont Camembert Cheese and Spiced Walnuts

Petits Fours Cake
Chartreuse Ice Cream
Red and Green Grape Sauce
Iron Horse "Wedding Cuvée" 2002

Table Arrangements

Dinner Table Settings and Music - The State Dining Room, The White House State Floor
Clinton China
Vermeil flatware
Gold pintuck silk tablecloths
Sprays of white phaeleanopsis orchids with camellia foliage in the historic White House vermeil candelabras​

I liked yesterdays and todays outfit I thought she looked nice. Tonights outfit is o.k.

Lady Marmalade said:
The New York Post is the equivalent of your Daily Mail....wallpaper you be used to line kennel cages with. ;)

Pay no attention to that garbage journalism.

LOL Lady Marmalade, my sentiments exactly.

Camilla's outfit is not my favorite. This is the dress that you wear a choker with not a pendant necklace. The pendant echos the neckline and that just doesn't look right.

I noticed a combination on the guest list. Politicians, designers like de la Renta, actors like Kelsey Grammer, the head of some football league, and a broadcaster, Tom Brokaw. This should be interesting.

#1-7: AP
#8-10: Reuters

Attachments

• ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 435
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 446
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 863
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 458
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 468
  • ap5.jpg
    ap5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 443
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 455
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 444
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 481
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 437
I think Camilla looks best in soft greys, browns, pinks, and just really soft and netural colours... I don't care for the dark or the really bright colours. I like a soft and understated look for her.

I just noticed that Camilla didn't wear a tiara. I wonder why not? They've been worn in the White House before.

The last three photos : Britain's Prince Charles makes a toast alongside U.S. President George W. Bush during a social dinner at the White House in Washington November 2, 2005. Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, are on an eight-day visit to the U.S. and were honoured at a black tie dinner in the State Dining Room of the White House.

#1-3,8: AP
#4-7,9-10: Reuters
#7: U.S. President George W. Bush (C) makes a toast during a social dinner for Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, at the White House in Washington November 2, 2005 The Prince and Duchess are on an eight-day visit to the U.S. and were honoured at a rare black tie dinner in the State Dining Room of the White House. REUTERS/Jason Reed

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 437
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 426
  • ap2.jpg
    ap2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 415
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 412
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 426
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 425
  • r3022928721.jpg
    r3022928721.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 446
  • ap11.jpg
    ap11.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 442
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 424
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
The White House knows how to entertain for state or official dinners and never gets it wrong....no matter who sits at the head of table. ;)

Both the Bushes and the Prince and Duchess looked wonderful.

Guests are always a cross list of American culture and guests from the country of the invited.

Menus, recipes, flowers, music, entertainment, color schemes, are chosen for exact purposes and not always because any First Lady personally prefers one thing over another.

The President and First Lady are not just welcoming guests to the White House, they are welcoming them to the People's House, and nothing is left for chance.

zeap said:
And by the way, Mrs Bush choose lovely place settings... I've never recalled a State Dinner as lovely as this one

She is using the Clinton china.

Every President chooses a china pattern from personal ideas. A setting then goes on display in the China Room of the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom