Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - January 27-28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think it works as either and is just stunning in every way!!!

nice article about Prince Charles's basketball-playing ability. :D

Jolly well throne, Charles

Prince Charles tries his hand at basketball — and scores with his second shot. Christopher Velazquez, 13, patted Charles on the back after his success at Harlem Children’s Zone, New York.
He said: “I was pretty impressed. I’d pick him for my team."

Last edited by a moderator:
Zonk said:
Let's not do an overall generalization:ermm:

In Los Angeles and maybe in New York people might go for over the top...but that is not truly representative of all States:flowers: Philadelphia, PA is truly great mix of all Americana. You have weatlhy people, people in the middle and people struggling to get thru the day and it has a great history to boot!

Nonetheless it was a beautiful necklace.

Sorry, but I'm in New York and that necklace was too much. I personally would have enjoyed it more at 1/2 scale

Avalon said:
nice article about Prince Charles's basketball-playing ability. :D

Jolly well throne, Charles

Prince Charles tries his hand at basketball — and scores with his second shot. Christopher Velazquez, 13, patted Charles on the back after his success at Harlem Children’s Zone, New York.
He said: “I was pretty impressed. I’d pick him for my team."

Nice picture. Good for him. Next the NBA draft!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skydragon said:
The Prince of Wales is presented with the 10th Global Environmental Citizen Award in New York.

The Prince of Wales - News

When you open the PoW website you also can see two nice photo galleries about both days of the visit. There are some new pics, i think.
The one where Camilla said Hello to the little child behind the barrier is very cute.

scooter said:
Sorry, but I'm in New York and that necklace was too much. I personally would have enjoyed it more at 1/2 scale

I think Zonk was referring to New York City not Katonah in upper Westchester where you live, scooter. :)

I live in the city and yes, the social crowd here can wear a lot of bling. There is a wonderfully diverse and culturally rich artistic and social community in upper Westchester county which is about a couple of hours north of the city but I think the social scene a little more conservative than the metropolitan area.

Still I love to visit upper Westchester on the weekends to get away from the noise of the city. :flowers:

Yes, scooter...I was definitely thinking of NYC! But your reply, just further illustrates....an unfair generalization of the states...and on my behalf...on all of NY (shame on me...a girl born in Queens!). Upstate NY definitely sees things different than NYC. As I am sure does the State of California vs Los Angeles. But Jo did explain the meaning of her remakr...so all is good.

The gems were beautiful...still to much IMO. But whats the big noise about some MP wanting her to pay taxes on it. Does it belong to Camilla or the Royal Family?

Zonk said:
But whats the big noise about some MP wanting her to pay taxes on it. Does it belong to Camilla or the Royal Family?
Camilla has the use of it for official functions for the rest of her life. When she dies, it goes into the royal collection. :flowers:

Cornell alum's 'Theatre in the Zone' connects Harlem kids with Shakespeare, Charles and Camilla

Think of children in Harlem, and Shakespeare probably doesn't come to mind.
But for Giovanni Pucci '93, the connection became obvious when he introduced "Romeo and Juliet" into an after-school reading program.

Theatre in the Zone

Wow wow Duchess Camilla is elegant dress and beautiful. It is perceft for duchess Camillas dress and couple happy see on Duchess Camilla visit to America.!!!

milla Ca said:
Thank you for all the infomation Dennism!:flowers:

You're welcome. I'm glad that everybody enjoyed the articles and photos from this historic visit to Philadelphia. It was certainly interesting to see and hear them on the local news and in other media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom