Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - January 27-28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philadelphia Intinerary

TRH do not have any public appearances this evening. They were wisked away to the Four Seasons Hotel upon their arrival at Philadelphia International Airport. I live/work within 2 miles from that Hotel and am subject to numerous street closures because of security concerns.

Tomorrow AM they visit Independence Hall, followed by the National Constitution Center, and a tour of Philadelphia's fabulous "wall murals" (F.Y.I. the Philadelphia Mural Arts project headed by Jane Golden is fantastic!); tomorrow evening, TRH will attend Philadelphia's most glamorous event of the year -- The Academy Ball -- celebrating the 175th Anniversary of Philadelphia's Academy of Music. They will be hosted by Leonore Annenberg. The "after party" is in the Bellevue ... a building in which I work (drats ... closed to us mere mortals for security reasons ... why wouldn't I go the work on a Saturday night?)

Sunday morning they will attend services at the Arch Street Presbyterian Church which includes a Chapel to St. David (or some other connection to Wales!).

All in all ... a wonderful treat to have royals so close to me!

Cheers!:flowers:

On Your Toes, Blokes, 2 Highnesses Coming — Charles and Camilla

It has been just over a year since their Wellington boots last sloshed about on these shores, and it’s not as though that trip — billed as their first official overseas tour since being married in April 2005 — came off so smashingly that they, or an adoring American public, ought to be crying out for another.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/nyregion/27charles.html

Prince of Wales and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, have arrived in the US on a visit meant to focus on youth development, urban renewal and environmental conservation.

Pictures:
Charles and Camilla

Avalon said:
Prince of Wales and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, have arrived in the US on a visit meant to focus on youth development, urban renewal and environmental conservation

Pictures:
Charles and Camilla

Oh no, not that coat again. I can´t bear it anymore.:neutral:

hornsen said:
Oh no, not that coat again. I can´t bear it anymore.:neutral:

I have to admit, I am getting tired of it as well.
It really does suit Camilla but I would like to see something different.

I do believe this is a 2006 pic, not a 2007 one.

Yes, I just saw a CBS-coverage. They arrived in darkness and there was only a paparazzi-video from their hotel. Camilla wore a dark coat.

As I thought. So she isn't wearing the blue suit. I didnt think she would.

Very charmant

Skydragon said:
A few pictures from the US - Polfoto
The Duchess does look lovely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the nice pics:flowers: !
Camilla looks great, and it seems that the couple had a very warm welcome in Philadelphia!
Does anybody know the brooch the Duchess wears at her coat?
I hope we will see some pics from the academy ball this evening.

Well, the Duchess looks gorgeous and I love her brooch.

Prince Charles, Camilla Make Way Around City

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla chatted and shook hands with well-wishers outside Independence Hall on a frigid Saturday to kick off their first trip to the city where Americans declared their independence from British rule.

Prince Charles, Camilla Make Way Around City - Local News

I do like the coat she is wearing. :flowers:

I just love her smile! She's so at ease.

Does anyone know about her brooch? All I can see that it is a heart. But what is there in? Letters or a sign?

Well its kinda nice to see Charles and Camilla visiting one of America's most historic landmark the liberty bell. It a most impressive sight in person.

Very well dressed and looking like she is enjoying the visit !

Lovely, simply lovely. They are a truly in love! I just wish they had done it originally in the 70's.

michelleq said:
Lovely, simply lovely. They are a truly in love! I just wish they had done it originally in the 70's.

Then we would not have those two lovely boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom