Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Visit to Athens, Greece: March 24-25, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charles loves Greece and has been to Mount Athos a bunch of times. I'm sure he was delighted to get the chance to do this.

Interesting. I wonder if they're already self isolating in preparation?

Interesting that the Greek PM requested their presence during the continuing pandemic.

I'm sure it will be a very interesting trip and Charles does indeed seem to very much enjoy Greece.

I'm so glad this visit is taking place, it's an important event and will make a nice change to see an overseas visit after such a long time.

OPA! Now if only I could get them to pick me up and deliver a bottle of mavrodaphne wine, I'd be one happy little Osipi. :D

If we consider that the Cyprus problem is in the past, it is an independent state, a member of the Commonwealth inevitably for Greece. Cyprus did a lot of damage to Greece, unfortunately also to the monarchy. I imagine that in every conflict there is a winner, and in Cyprus it was Great Britain. Great Britain was one of the countries that collaborated in the independence of Greece, and Gianna Angelopolus, is the organizer of the event, she boasts of friendship with Prince Charles, and with Camilla, and her son, the presence of the Prince and Camilla was guaranteed...Puttin and Macron too would could be

It's good to see, again, a good'ol tour, albeit a very short one.
A somewhat back to normality, even if we all know that some chanllenging times are still ahead of us ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a breezy evening in Athens, really great to see a royal overseas trip as its been too long.

Looks like a breezy evening in Athens, really great to see a royal overseas trip as its been too long.

Yes I agree An Ard Ri & Nico, it's good to see a tour even if a short one.

Not sure about the livery on that UK government plane.....seems a bit garish.:D

Last edited:
I would like to say how idiotic the politicians of my country and the press are.
Prince Charles has said: that his great-grandfather, his grandfather, his father are Greek, and the politicians have begun to applaud, the same politicians who consider the Greek royal family foreigners, and spend their lives insulting them saying that they do not have Greek blood and retired the passport to KIng in 1994, he wa sborn in Athens, they have applaud.
It also seems very sad to me that they have not invited any member of the Greek Royal House to this event, because according to the Greek authorities they are not part of Greek history, of the 200 years of Greek history, the monarchy occupied more than 100 years, even Tersaloniki and Ioannina, were attached to Greek soil, by the monarchy, Crete and the Ionic Islands and much more.

Apparently Charles will meet, privately, Contantinos and Anne-Marie. He reportedly asked to see the plans of the restoration of Tatoi as well ..

That is not true, King Constantine does not plan to go to Athens, he has not been invited to any event. He also will not be in the Embassy of Great Britain to meet with Prince Charles. Today I spoke with a person close to the King's office and he told me that the King was not going to go to Athens, he is not invited. Regarding Tatoi. I doubt very much that Charles is interested in the plans of a project for the restoration of a palace, to which he is not linked, and his family has been excluded, King
Constantine even had to go to an international court to claim his property, this was recognized, and the The Greek government refused to return it to him, even with a sentence. It is ridiculous that the media and the Ministry of Culture disseminate this information. If you tell me that this is true, then I would understand that Prince Charles- King constantine have not any relationship of friendship . You are telling me that Prince Carlos is unaware of the reality of his family and supports projects that expressly exclude the family. first Let me say, I am Greek and I know very well how the press of my country , and the government.First, the government should have recognized that the royal family is part of its history, the government has not, on the contrary it has expressly excluded them from the history of Greece. The second, should give back to the King his passport, I want to remind him that it was New Democracy who in 1994 said that this law was unjust, however today they do not repeal it and respect it. when the government will recognize has considered the Royal family part of the history of Greece.Another proof that this is false is that Prince Charlos has not visited nor will he visit the grave of his grandfather.

Last edited:
Well during his last visit to Greece in 2018 Charles DID see Constantine and Anne-Marie at the British Embassy. But of course Constantine was in better health back then ...

you remember King Constantine on the balcony of the Grande Bretagna hotel with Queen Anne-Marie , in 2018, they was seeing the wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier, made by Prince Charles in his official visit, you sure remember that photo. I have a friend he is photographer, he wants this type of photo,tomorrow, the King is not invited, but he could be in his room at the Hotel Grande Bretagna and on the balcony, nobody can prevent him from doing that. I have told him about this, initially he has not believed me, but he told me 4 hours ago, King is not in Hotel. King and Queen will not be in embassy with Prince Charles. They have no been invited to embassy.They are not in athens. It is true.

Last edited:
Because of Covid I am surprised that this visit is taking place. I noted that Duchess Camilla is wearing one of the Queen Mum's pins that is hardly seen in public.

Because of Covid I am surprised that this visit is taking place. I noted that Duchess Camilla is wearing one of the Queen Mum's pins that is hardly seen in public.

It is a little surprising but it was at the request of the government following an invitation by the Greek PM so it must have been deemed important enough and everyone looks like they're following the correct rules.

Britain was a key ally in the war of Greek independence and I think both governments are keen to strengthen ties in the wake of Brexit.

Fascinating to think that Prince Philip was born in the year of Greece's Centenary and is now alive to witness its Bicentenary.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM0U4PVjbQt/?igshid=12pda2bwoza0a

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't thought of that, but, yes, it is!

Hopefully we'll get a photo or two with King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie from the private visit.

:previous:Is Prince Charles going to Porto Heli? That is fantastic, I also want to see that photo, surely on the instagram of Prince Nikolaos or Pss Tatiana

Back
Top Bottom