Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of South Africa & Tanzania - Nov 2-9 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Charles is a witty and charming man and his "sense of fashion only changes every 25 years" comment is a typical, laughing self-(fashion) deprecating statement. Not something people should think is graven in stone. :rolleyes:

His sartorial taste is modern enough and fashionable enough to land him on the Best Dressed List on occasion, 2009 being the last I think. His lightweight suits worn in Africa seem to have passed the fashion commentators by as they shake their heads at his wearing a 'heavy suit" in the heat of Africa.:doh:

Obviously there is a dearth of journalists who actually have a sense of humour let alone those who can recognise it as they watch and listen witlessly as Charles strides cheerfully in his father's (humorous) footsteps! :bang:

Fashion-wise, this has been a great tour for Camilla. I especially liked her white trousers and blue frock coat, as well as her beautifully coloured and patterned dresses worn with an assortment of jackets, her parasol the ultimate accessory! I just wish we could have seen Charles in a safari suit at least once, but I'll settle for his beautifully cut lightweight grey suits.

Yeah,Prince Charles can be very witty and ironic sometimes,I always laugh about his fathers legendary awkward quotes,but he is also funny!
I believe both Camilla and Charles take great care in their outfits,they always look proper and elegant without trying too hard.It seems they are enjoying their time in Africa,I guess they are are happy they can leave Great Britain when it´s foggy and cold there ;-)

I would have said that Charles changes his style about once every 50 years - it has never changed. I don't think Camilla looked all that good on this trip - poor dress choices on too many occasions which is surprising as she normally gets it right.

:previous: If it wasn't the fashion that was so great it must have been the sheer happiness they exude as they move around Africa. Their smiles are infectious and a joy to behold. :D

I think Charles is a witty and charming man and his "sense of fashion only changes every 25 years" comment is a typical, laughing self-(fashion) deprecating statement. Not something people should think is graven in stone. :rolleyes:

His sartorial taste is modern enough and fashionable enough to land him on the Best Dressed List on occasion, 2009 being the last I think. His lightweight suits worn in Africa seem to have passed the fashion commentators by as they shake their heads at his wearing a 'heavy suit" in the heat of Africa.:doh:

Quite right. This was just an example of the self deprecating humour the British are best at!

Fashion-wise, this has been a great tour for Camilla. I especially liked her white trousers and blue frock coat, as well as her beautifully coloured and patterned dresses worn with an assortment of jackets, her parasol the ultimate accessory!

I thought she was well dressed, as usual.

The "white trousers and blue frock coat" have been a favourite of Camilla's for some time. The ensemble first made its debut on her first official trip to the ME in 2006, and has been used extensively since then in travels to Asia and Africa.

That really is a little corker! Camilla looks like "I've done this a thousand times before" and Charles looks like a typical man, "I can do this on my own!" when he should have been saying "help!". But he was either too proud or too embarrassed to take up her offer of her spectacles. :lol:

Still, we now know one thing that Camilla carries in her handbag! :cool:

Last edited:

Lovely dress/coat worn by the duchess! I really thought the embroidery was a nice touch, though I'm said it wasn't a tiara affair.

As for Charles, I couldn't figure out what was going on with his handkerchief. At first glance, I thought he'd borrowed one of his mother's brooches!

I love that shade of blue. The Duchess looked fabulous. Charles needed to push his glasses up just a tad. They looked like they were going to fall off any minute :lol:.

Daria_S said:
I love that shade of blue. The Duchess looked fabulous. Charles needed to push his glasses up just a tad. They looked like they were going to fall off any minute :lol:.

He looks like one of them old crabby librarians with his glasses on the tip of his nose... ;-)

:previous: Maybe this is why Charles dislikes having to wear glasses?

He looks like one of them old crabby librarians with his glasses on the tip of his nose... ;-)

While looking at the picture, I also thought of the kids I student taught with last year. They had visual impairments, and those who wore glasses tended to look over them rather than through them. I know I do that too for reasons I cannot fathom. Wonder if Charles has the same issue? Nonetheless, the picture does remind me of a librarian (actually, one reference librarian at my local library has the tendency to wear his glasses like that).

It reminds me of Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies,I think it looks very cute :)
I don´t see anything wrong with looking like a librarian when you deliver a good speech,at least everyone will believe you can read and you are smart and educated!

It reminds me of Dumbledore from the Harry Potter movies,I think it looks very cute :)
I don´t see anything wrong with looking like a librarian when you deliver a good speech,at least everyone will believe you can read and you are smart and educated!

Oh, I have tremendous respect for librarians (my Godmother was a librarian, and a very close friend works as a library associate). I think Charles pulls the look off very well (and he's intelligent also). Now that you mention it though, I do see a little bit of Dumbledore in that picture too.

Lovely dress/coat worn by the duchess! I really thought the embroidery was a nice touch, though I'm said it wasn't a tiara affair.

As for Charles, I couldn't figure out what was going on with his handkerchief. At first glance, I thought he'd borrowed one of his mother's brooches!

Methinks this is the dress that Camilla wore to the wedding reception of W&K at BP, and first wore in Portugal earlier this year.

^^:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: really nice video of Charles having "problems" with those little stones:lol:

:previous:

Aaaaah thank you SO MUCH. It's priceless !
Love them :lol: !

Last edited:
He looks like one of them old crabby librarians with his glasses on the tip of his nose... ;-)[/QUOTE

They could also be reading glasses perched on the tip so when he looks down, he can read print easily but have normal vision when looking up. LOL, I'm a librarian who wears reading glasses on the tip of her nose and have the same habit, but am certainly not crabby (well, not all the time :lol:)! And I like to think they make me look smart, too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom