Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely seems as has been a good trip so far and couple are having a great time :flowers:

Nice touch that Camilla was wearing the claddagh broach she was given in Ireland last year.

Thanks for the articles An Ard Ri.

'Small protest' indeed! I wonder whether anyone in town noticed it?

:previous: The booing crowds must have been overwhelming :lol: You know two women can make a lot of noise :ROFLMAO:

I love that she wore her Irish brooch :flowers:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall started a tour of Scotland yesterday, June 21.

Charles as Patron visited Abbeyfield, Viewlands House in Perth. As Admiral of The Fleet he visited H.M.S Prince of Wales in Rosyth and he attended a reception for supporters of Step Up To Serve he's also Patron of at Palace of Holyroodhouse.

Together they attended the "From Harris to Paris" exhibition, part of the Edinburgh International Fashion Festival, at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Edinburgh.

** scotsman.com: Prince Charles begins week long tour of Scotland **

** The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay spend their first day in Scotland **

** thecourier.co.uk: Charles gives Prince of Wales aircraft carrier a royal seal of approval **

** eveningexpress.co.uk: Camilla in trip to sandwich shop visited by George Clooney **

I know that's not the only focus, but I can' t help looking at those furs with big eyes, sadly...

There appears to be a reasonably full week of engagements, but sadly, there is hardly any press coverage.

:previous:

Here are at least some pics and information :flowers:

One June 22 (day 2) the Prince of Wales as President opened The Prince's Trust's youth employment and enterprise hub in Glasgow and the Duchess of Cornwall commemorated the 85th anniversary of Scotland's Gardens in Tranent, East Lothian.

Together they attended the Dumfries House Future Textiles Sewing Bee Challenge and the Dumfries House Dog Show in Cumnock, Ayrshire.

** princeofwales.gov.uk: #TRHinScotland: Day Two **

** eastlothiancourier.com: IN PICTURES: Camilla visits Winton House **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Watch as Prince Charles returns to Dumfries House in Cumnock..**

On June 23 the Prince of Wales as Patron of the National Piping Centre undertook an engagement with the National Piping Centre, there was the launch of the partnership between the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Dumfries House in Cumnock, Ayrshire.

** princeofwales.gov.uk: #TRHinScotland: Day Three **

** heraldscotland.com: Prince Charles tunes up for piping workshop at Dumfries House **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Prince Charles gives our bagpipes a blast in Dumfries after revealing he gave up on them as child **

I guess four out of 5 days is pretty close to a week:flowers: Really enjoyed some of the photos and stop. Especially the art exhibit.

Does anyone know what happened to Camilla? Without going back to check, it seems she was only in Scotland for one day and then did not appear to be with Charles at the Knatchbull wedding on Saturday. Was she only scheduled to be on the Scotland tour for one day?

My first gut reaction was that both Charles and Camilla took a little "me" time as they do from time to time. Maybe Camilla is spending it with her family.

Thanks Osipi and Countessmeout.

Seems odd she would take "me time" during this week that was a week of visits devoted to Scotland. A bit like Prince Philip taking "me time" during the Queen's annual Holyrood week.

:previous: The video shows he arrived just wearing the badges and a little boy gave him the buttonhole arrangement he's subsequently seen wearing.

Yesterday, July 5, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Aberdaron and Criccieth, opened the new extension to South Caernarfon Creameries in Rhydygwystl, Chwilog, Pwllheli, and the Prince of Wales visited the School of Ocean Sciences at Bangor University in Anglesey.

On the first day of the tour, July 4, the Prince of Wales made two visits related to his charities, see here.

** gettyimages/zimbi: Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall's Annual Summer Visit To Wales **

** dailypost.co.uk: Prince Charles thinks Aberdaron is 'a jolly good place to visit' **

** dailypost.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall gets the ice creams in as royals visit Criccieth **

** dailymail: The plaice to be! Prince Charles and Camilla tuck into fish and chips..**

** earnthenecklace.com: PICS: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall Visit South Caernarfon Creameries **

Lovely pictures.

Yesterday, July 6, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Pontypridd Lido and hosted a Roald Dahl inspired entertainment evening at their Welsh home.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Trust met young people who have helped refurbish the premises of the Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team in Dowlais, while the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Roald Dahl 100 met children taking part in a creative writing workshop at the Norwegian Church Arts Centre in Cardiff.

** gettyimages gallery **

** rctcbc.gov.uk: Royal Visit At Lido Ponty ** fb gallery **

** walesonline: Prince George and Princess Charlotte get their own Wales shirts after their grandfather's visit to Wales **

** people.com: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Gets the Giggles – with Help from Roald Dahl's Widow Liccy **

On day 4 of their Wales visit, July 7, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall toured Talgarth Mill.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited Blaenau Mawr Farm, Cwmdy, Crickhowell and as Patron of Emmaus UK she visited Emmaus South Wales.

The Prince of Wales attended a Service at St Mary's Church, Abergavenny, officially opened the new premises of the Abergavenny Fine Foods, Blaenavon, Gwent and he visit Garth Village Hall, Llangammarch.

** gettyimages gallery ** ** express.co.uk gallery **

** brecon-radnor.co.uk: Warm welcome for Charles and Camilla.. **

** emmaus.org.uk: Royal visit to Emmaus South Wales community **

** dailymail: Horsing around! Duchess of Cornwall pairs her elegant frock with VERY practical boots..**

** walesonline.co.uk: Abergavenny Fine Foods completes it remarkable recovery from fire to royal opening **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom