Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Thank you:flowers: Such a treat to see what I now understand is only part of a much larger show broadcast on BBC last night in celebration of Shakespeare! Now I shall be greedy and ask for the whole thing....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from this what else has the duchess been doing the last few weeks ? Haven't seen anything !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Charles and Camilla regularly spend Easter and their anniversary in Scotland.

This year Charles opened Highgrove to the public from April 11-16th which may have added another week to their Scottish schedule.

Also the floods destroyed the Birkhall gardens and Charles stated they had to be rebuilt. It is possible they stayed in Scotland repairing the gardens.

Charles is scheduled to be in Scotland later this week. He may have already traveled to Scotland.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looking at this picture just reminds me all that there must changes made in Hollywood and the British entertainment industry-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/727954686796423168

Although, we have made a little progress on diversity in film and tv in the US, I think the UK really need to work on including more diversity in the British film and tv industry. The picture alone tells the story.

Also, there should be more funding and lower prices for other actors to be able to afford to get proper training.
http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...inners-actors-express-concern-over-new-talent

Last edited:
Looking at this picture just reminds me all that there must changes made in Hollywood and the British entertainment industry-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/727954686796423168

Although, we have made a little progress on diversity in film and tv in the US, I think the UK really need to work on including more diversity in the British film and tv industry. The picture alone tells the story.

[/url]

Really? As an ardent UK TV watcher, I see plenty of "diversity" on the screen and in theatre.

As an when more people of colour want to enter the arts, they will.

Really? As an ardent UK TV watcher, I see plenty of "diversity" on the screen and in theatre.

As an when more people of colour want to enter the arts, they will.

There's some diversity in the UK time and film, but it's pretty scarce. British actor, Idris Elba, was just pointing this out in a speech not that long ago. It's a major problem that many black actors in the British entertainment industry have been trying to point out. Also, there's far too many so called "posh" actors that's getting a chance to make it in the industry, while other actors who can't afford acting school and class fees are being passed up.

The picture of this event at St. James's Palace tells you that change is very much needed. It's a shame that its pretty much an one race British Oscar club.

Also, why is the President of the AMPAS, Cheryl Boone Isaacs, is seated way at the far right of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall? She's the main important official that should've seated next to the Prince of Wales.

Last edited:
There's some diversity in the UK time and film, but it's pretty scarce. British actor, Idris Elba, was just pointing this out in a speech not that long ago. It's a major problem that many black actors in the British entertainment industry have been trying to point out. Also, there's far too many so called "posh" actors that's getting a chance to make it in the industry, while other actors who can't afford acting school and class fees are being passed up.

The picture of this event at St. James's Palace tells you that change is very much needed. It's a shame that its pretty much an one race British Oscar club.

Also, why is the President of the AMPAS, Cheryl Boone Isaacs, is seated way at the far right of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall? She's the main important official that should've seated next to the Prince of Wales.
perhaps, you don't understand that 87% of population of the United Kingdom are white people and you suggest to discriminate them

perhaps, you don't understand that 87% of population of the United Kingdom are white people and you suggest to discriminate them

Not suggesting that at all, but just saying that there should be equal opportunities for other actors of diverse backgrounds.

Not suggesting that at all, but just saying that there should be equal opportunities for other actors of diverse backgrounds.

On what basis might you be suggesting that there aren't equal opportunities?

On what basis might you be suggesting that there aren't equal opportunities?

I'm not going to get deep into this in this thread, but I'm just stating that the Hollywood and British tv/film industries should be granting equal opportunities to actors of different backgrounds.

Take a hard look at that pictures of the reception the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall hosted. When they all gathered together for the photo, you can't tell me that there isn't a problem going on in the entertainment industry. The President of the academy has been trying to point this out and is helping to make some changes on diverse casting.

The issue of equality in the film industry is, as should be obvious, not a topic for this thread. Please let us return to the topic at hand, which is the current events thread of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.

Prince of Wales as President of the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association and the Duchess of Cornwall attended a service at St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square in support of the association, and will met association members and their guests at a tea party at St James Palace today, May 10:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

I would say that's great and i didn't expect it at all...

Because of security concerns, it's wasn't announced in advanced

Great. Any pictures yet?
Today:
Prince Charles begins two-day Northern Ireland visit at Queen's University cyber security unit - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Charles will begin his trip in Belfast on Monday, and on Tuesday will be joined in Northern Ireland by the Duchess of Cornwall.
The royal couple will then travel to the Republic on Wednesday for an official visit.
Prince Charles and Camilla to visit Ireland for three days this week - Independent.ie

Last edited:
Haven't things pretty much settled down in the north now? Other than the usual security is there still concern over the various groups that used to cause so much trouble?

LaRae

It's a lot better than during The Troubles but just recently the terror level was raised. This was 11 May

British intelligence has raised the alert level across Britain for a Northern Irish terrorist attack from “moderate” to “substantial”.

MI5 said the rise, to the second-highest threat level, reflected a strong possibility of an attack.

The warning follows concerns among the security forces in both the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland about increasing violence by dissident republicans linked to a group calling itself the “New IRA”. Some of the violence appears to be part of a feud among rival drug gangs operating in Ireland.
UK terrorism threat from Northern Ireland raised to ‘substantial’ - FT.com

I am a bit surprised to hear they are in Northern Ireland. I guess for security reasons they couldn't announce a head of time. Makes sense :sad:

Great to see the photos from the first day. Thanks for posting. :flowers:

The Prince of Wales has met Northern Ireland's political leaders on the second day of his visit to the region.

The private and separate meetings with First Minister Arlene Foster and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness began a packed schedule for the heir to the throne.

The prince talked with the Democratic Unionist leader and Sinn Fein veteran in two 20 minute behind-closed-doors encounters at the royal residence at Hillsborough Castle.

The leaders updated Charles on the current political and economic situation in Northern Ireland.
Read more: Prince Charles has private meetings with Northern Ireland political leaders - BT

Haven't things pretty much settled down in the north now? Other than the usual security is there still concern over the various groups that used to cause so much trouble?

LaRae

Thankfully 90% of us continue to live in harmony with each other, as we pretty much always have. Unfortunately, roughly 5% remain at either extreme, still intent on pursuing their own agenda. I guess because of the 5% at one of the extremities, certain precautions still have to be taken for a Royal visit - since, as one of the other posters has mentioned, the terror threat has risen recently according to MI5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom