The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2020, 11:42 PM
Majesty

All his paternal Aunts married German citizens and I guess it was an early "easy" learn because if I remember correctly (and I very well may not) his father also speaks German. Nice to hear that he has kept up his languages such as Welsh, French and of course, German. I guess he's probably a bit rusty all round and polishes it up when required.

Old 11-17-2020, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
All his paternal Aunts married German citizens and I guess it was an early "easy" learn because if I remember correctly (and I very well may not) his father also speaks German. Nice to hear that he has kept up his languages such as Welsh, French and of course, German. I guess he's probably a bit rusty all round and polishes it up when required.
He said in his speech that he first visited Germany when he was 13 and in official capacity since about 50 years...

Old 12-03-2020, 08:04 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwalll visited Soho Theatre to celebrate London's night economy today, December 3:

** dailymail article **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Celebrate London's Night Economy **

Old 12-07-2020, 07:11 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended a service in celebration of the 800th anniversary of the foundation of Salisbury Cathedral today, December 7:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-17-2020, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Today, December 17, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Gloucestershire Vaccination Centre at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Old 02-17-2021, 08:20 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham today, February 17:

** gettyimages: GBR: The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Visit The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham **

** dm article: Putting safety first! Prince Charles and Camilla don medical face masks as they meet clinical trial volunteers at Birmingham hospital ..**

Old 03-09-2021, 03:28 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Skipton House in London today, March 9, to hear about the vaccine rollout.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** rex gallery **

Old 03-09-2021, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really do feel for them, having to go out after a day like yesterday!
Old 03-16-2021, 10:29 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited a pop-up Covid-19 vaccination centre at Finsbury Park Mosque in London today, March 16:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article ** gettyimages gallery **

Old 03-17-2021, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Best wishes to all those marking #StPatricksDay today

Listen to The Prince of Wales recite The Shipping Forecast by Irish poet Seamus Heaney

Photos taken during past visits to Northern Ireland and Ireland."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1372119573923782659
Old 03-17-2021, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Prince has quote Seamus Heaney several times in the past and did meet his widow back in 2017.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:52 AM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall wish everyone Happy Spring.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMooLk7AxQ1/
Old 05-18-2021, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Northern Island today and tmrw on on official visit.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Here they are :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Old 05-18-2021, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a jammed packed 2 day visit, the Prince was told earlier that it never rains in South Armagh only minutes before a heavy downpour!

The duchess has a nice visit to a silversmith workshop during the tour of Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.

Old 05-18-2021, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think I even knew they were going to NI. Was it announced, I imagine there were some security concerns due to recent tension.

I love the visit to the shipyards and the silversmith, both very interesting. I love it when crafts are still passed down in families.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that it's wonderful to see these crafts being taught to the next generation. Good to see the BRF is venturing out on more in-person visits in recent weeks.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I don't think I even knew they were going to NI. Was it announced, I imagine there were some security concerns due to recent tension.

I love the visit to the shipyards and the silversmith, both very interesting. I love it when crafts are still passed down in families.
Yes was thinking the same as there was virtually nothing about the visit until after the royal couple arrived.
Tensions are very high in Northern Ireland possibly the worst in decades.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Royal visits to Northern Ireland are hardly ever announced in advance, so nothing's changed. Poor Charles - the weather has been mad everywhere lately!
Old 05-18-2021, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal visits to Northern Ireland are never announced in advance.

I remember in the lead up to the 100th anniversary of both the start and the armistice at the end of WWI it was announced which members of the family were going to be where except that Andrew wasn't announced as going anywhere and no one was going to be in Northern Ireland. It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Andrew was going to Northern Ireland, which he did.

Even the Queen's visits to Northern Ireland aren't announced in advance.

Normally Charles and Camilla do a tour of the Republic and Northern Ireland during the one week two or three days in both areas but with no announcement of a visit to the Republic I assume that either that isn't happening this year or will happen later in the year and they are separating the two visits this year.

I was really annoyed with the morning TV show I watch in Australia today as along the bottom they ran a story that Charles and Camilla were visiting Northern Ireland but they didn't actually run the story as a visual - they simply don't rate a mention down here. Sad that our future King is visiting Northern Ireland but the TV channels don't cover it.

Tags
camilla, charles, current events, the duchess of cornwall, the prince of wales