The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2020, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Why aren't they wearing masks?

Old 07-09-2020, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Currently they're not required for all situations and it varies in England, Scotland and Wales. Here's the latest from the BBC on the use of masks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53316491

Quote:
What is the current guidance on face coverings?

Face coverings are compulsory on public transport in England, where they should also be worn in hospitals by staff, outpatients and visitors. People visiting shops are also advised, but not required, to cover their face if they judge that social distancing is not always possible.
In Scotland, masks are also mandatory on public transport, and will be in shops from 10 July.
People in Wales are being asked to wear non-medical face coverings where social distancing is not possible - including on public transport. But the government stopped short of making their use mandatory.
Plans to make wearing face masks on public transport compulsory in Northern Ireland have been put on hold, pending legal clarification.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Charles.html

A man was left fainting during a chance encounter with the Prince of Wales outside an Asda centre today as the royal and the Duchess of Cornwall paid tribute to staff who had worked amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The unknown man, who works for the UK supermarket chain, was greeted by Prince Charles, 71, outside the Asda Distribution Centre in Bristol when he was overcome with emotion and began to sway and stumble.

Just seconds later the man was seen falling to the ground as worried members of staff rushed to his aid and a concerned Prince Charles stood by and kept a watchful eye over him.
How awful!
Old 07-20-2020, 07:57 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall begin their annual visit to Devon and Cornwall today, July 20:

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Duke And The Duchess Of Cornwall Undertake Engagements In Devon And Cornwall - Day One **

** dm article: The Duchess of Cornwall keeps her cool as an air ambulance team rush to emergency during royal meeting..**

Old 07-21-2020, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to St Austell Healthcare, the Wheal Northey Centre, to recognise and thank staff for their efforts during Covid-19.

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...t_to_cornwall?

Old 07-21-2020, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Here's another gallery and an article of day 2 today:

** gettyimages: GBR: The Duke And The Duchess Of Cornwall Undertake Engagements In Devon And Cornwall - Day Two **

** dm article: Cheerful Charles! Prince of Wales is seen cracking jokes with healthcare workers in St Austell as he and Duchess of Cornwall ..**
Old 07-22-2020, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to St Austell Healthcare, the Wheal Northey Centre, to recognise and thank staff for their efforts during Covid-19.

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...t_to_cornwall?

Good to see C&C out in Cornwall on the annual tour.

My only point of criticism is that Charles has in recent weeks taken to using an Audi eTron SUV as his official car. I so do wish he would continue to use the Jaguar IPace he used last year or his Bentley. At a trying time like this, support from Prince Charles for the British automotive industry would not go unnoticed.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

My only point of criticism is that Charles has in recent weeks taken to using an Audi eTron SUV as his official car. I so do wish he would continue to use the Jaguar IPace he used last year or his Bentley. At a trying time like this, support from Prince Charles for the British automotive industry would not go unnoticed.

The IPace is made in Austria, whilst JLRís HQ is in Coventry itís a subsidiary of Tata Motors, an Indian based company.

If he was driving the Bentley Bentayga Hybrid last year, then that would be a shout for the British motor industry.

But I really donít think it matters what Charles is driven in, all three cars are completely unaffordable to an average person so wonít provide any boost to the manufacturers.

However The Queen was due to go to Bentley before lockdown, it would be nice for Charles to go.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The IPace is made in Austria, whilst JLRís HQ is in Coventry itís a subsidiary of Tata Motors, an Indian based company.

If he was driving the Bentley Bentayga Hybrid last year, then that would be a shout for the British motor industry.

But I really donít think it matters what Charles is driven in, all three cars are completely unaffordable to an average person so wonít provide any boost to the manufacturers.

However The Queen was due to go to Bentley before lockdown, it would be nice for Charles to go.
I appreciate the global nature of supply chains and international nature of shareholdings in most businesses. However, Jaguar and Bentley remain British brands, irrespective of their foreign ownership, just like Tetley tea, Fortum & Mason and Land Rover. I would much rather see the BRF in cars made by British brands than German ones.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I appreciate the global nature of supply chains and international nature of shareholdings in most businesses. However, Jaguar and Bentley remain British brands, irrespective of their foreign ownership, just like Tetley tea, Fortum & Mason and Land Rover. I would much rather see the BRF in cars made by British brands than German ones.

We will have to agree to disagree as the only British brand you list is Bentley. All others are as foreign as Audi. Jaguar & Land Rover are also one company, have been for at least 7 years if not longer.

Surely it doesnít matter what car Charles is driven in when he should be praised for choosing an electric model of any type.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree as the only British brand you list is Bentley. All others are as foreign as Audi. Jaguar & Land Rover are also one company, have been for at least 7 years if not longer.
I think you put it well, that it is best to agree to disagree on this point.

Bentley is as foreign or as British as Mini, Jaguar and Land Rover in that it is foreign owned, but assembled in Britain, using parts that come from all over the world. I appreciate some JLR models are assembled abroad as well, but that is the case with most manufacturers of scale.

Quote:

Surely it doesnít matter what car Charles is driven in when he should be praised for choosing an electric model of any type.
Some agreement there. I agree in the inherent relative efficiency of an electric motor to that of an internal combustion engine. However, till you get to the point of the vast majority of our power being from renewable sources, electric cars don't really move the argument on materially.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attend the national service of remembrance marking the 75th anniversary of VJ Day at the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas.

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/2/...this_event_adp

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1526850

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed..._world_war_ii?
Old 08-15-2020, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Here's a video of the service today:

Old 08-15-2020, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you to eya & iceflower.

Very moving.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Red Arrows

https://news.sky.com/video/red-arrow...j-day-12049939
Old 08-15-2020, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wonderful ceremony. Great seeing Charles and Camilla there, and hearing him speak.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was good to see Charles and Camilla there today. My great-uncle fought in Burma. He didn't talk about it much apparently and sadly he died when I was very young, so I never got the chance to talk to him about it. We have a compact mirror he bought in India when he was on his way to Burma that he later gave my great-aunt as a birthday gift and he also still kept his gun from his time in the army underneath his bed (now in the local war museum).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-15-2020, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles and Camilla are, basically, the Regent couple in all but name.
I guess the Queen will not appear in public for a long, long time ...
Old 08-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Yes indeed, but who would deny their right to spend as much time together as they want. As things stand circumstances decree that they should do so because counting guests, VIP's and royal hosts ably supported by their staff, the numbers would be over capped.
Old 08-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Charles and Camilla are, basically, the Regent couple in all but name.
I guess the Queen will not appear in public for a long, long time ...
Indeed - I think it has worked out rather well for the British Royal Family.
The Queen has a valid reason to reduce her workload, and to spend more time with her husband, without appearing work-shy to those who would think that way.
And the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have a valid reason to carry out more high-profile duties by standing in for The Queen.

Tags
camilla, charles, current events, the duchess of cornwall, the prince of wales