The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2020, 08:52 AM
Courtier

.. and mybe he also lost weight during his illness.

I quite like it, if the do look a bit frumpy - i think this is ok.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

It makes sense his tailor would of kept the fabrics Charles likes. Maybe as he's gotten older he's decided to go with what's comfortable and returned to the old style? I guess I don't see it as frumpy though.

LaRae

Old 06-16-2020, 09:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. and mybe he also lost weight during his illness.

I quite like it, if the do look a bit frumpy - i think this is ok.
I do think both of them have lost weight.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they both look good, but Rebecca English said that Charles still suffers from lack of smell and taste. Given that, I can’t believe he was not only allowed out of quarantine, but allowed to see people
Old 06-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I think they both look good, but Rebecca English said that Charles still suffers from lack of smell and taste. Given that, I can’t believe he was not only allowed out of quarantine, but allowed to see people
You can test negative and still have some side effets for weeks.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a video of TRH The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall from their visit to Gloucestershire today.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
You can test negative and still have some side effets for weeks.
Thank you!!
Old 06-16-2020, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

If it is anything like pneumonia it is possible that some side effects may stay for a very long time e.g. I found that the smell or taste of chocolate made me want to throw up and even now, 11 months on, I still have that issue. I have been told I may never recover that as a side effect of the pneumonia. It has heightened again after my second dose last month ... so I am someone who has been told 'no outside the home for the rest of the Aussie winter and when you do leave the home ... mask will be compulsory'.

I have no idea if some effects of covid last but it is highly possible. I have heard of people still being very tired weeks after recovering.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes speaking of someone who has had pneumonia on three occasions, its a bugger to get rid of. And even when you do the side effects stay with you for some time. Thankfully its been years but between my work, and my history of pneumonia/bronchitis I have had to be extra careful with covid.

Not shocking at their age, Charles is still showing some symptoms from his illness. He has the best doctors, if he wasn't testing negative and no risk, he certainly wouldn't have been out among people.

All in all a good first engagement back. And perfect choice meeting with front line workers.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:52 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall with French President Macron for the 80th anniversary of Charles de Gaulle's 'Appel' to Nazi-occupied France today:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dm article: Entente cordiale: President Macron meets Prince Charles in London after flying in to..**

Old 06-18-2020, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall with French President Macron for the 80th anniversary of Charles de Gaulle's 'Appel' to Nazi-occupied France today:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

** dm article: Entente cordiale: President Macron meets Prince Charles in London after flying in to..**
C&C do officiate well on behalf of the Queen.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:45 AM
Courtier

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the news media is reporting that Charles has said he still has the effects of Corona. I wonder if Tom Hanks is still having issues as well.

https://www.usmagazine.com/gallery/p...g-coronavirus/
Old 06-19-2020, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
C&C do officiate well on behalf of the Queen.
Yes they do indeed.

De Gaulle was very lucky that Churchill supported his use of the BBC to broadcast. Even though soon after there was the tragedy at Oran, & Churchill & De Gaulle later fell out, the speech of the 18th Juin is very significant as the start of the French fight back.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was nice to see Charles and Camilla there. The flypast looked particularly spectacular!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the news media is reporting that Charles has said he still has the effects of Corona. I wonder if Tom Hanks is still having issues as well.

https://www.usmagazine.com/gallery/p...g-coronavirus/
That seems to be a recurring problem. Charles sense of taste and smell are still affected but, considering his age he seems to have escaped relatively lightly while far younger people have not.

Chronic fatigue seems to be a common after effect and when you look at someone like Chris Cuomo who is far younger and was far more ill but not hospitalised, he has lost so much weight he looked positively gaunt the first time I saw him back at work in a suit and tie.

Residual coughs, aches and pain, confusion and difficulty concentrating and a whole raft of other miseries mean individually you may be tested negatively but for the body it ain't over 'til it's over.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It was nice to see Charles and Camilla there. The flypast looked particularly spectacular!
Yes indeed! La Patrouille & the Red Arrows. Incredible, incroyable!

Old 06-21-2020, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 16th June:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Great Western Road, Gloucester, and were received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr. Edward Gillespie).
Old 07-09-2020, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince of Wales and Duchess Of Cornwall Undertake Engagements In Bristol And Gloucester today

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...to_gloucester?

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...it_to_bristol?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-Bristol.html
Old 07-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Here's a video of today's visit:

Old 07-09-2020, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Charles.html

A man was left fainting during a chance encounter with the Prince of Wales outside an Asda centre today as the royal and the Duchess of Cornwall paid tribute to staff who had worked amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The unknown man, who works for the UK supermarket chain, was greeted by Prince Charles, 71, outside the Asda Distribution Centre in Bristol when he was overcome with emotion and began to sway and stumble.

Just seconds later the man was seen falling to the ground as worried members of staff rushed to his aid and a concerned Prince Charles stood by and kept a watchful eye over him.

Tags
camilla, charles, current events, the duchess of cornwall, the prince of wales