The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2020, 05:56 AM
Majesty

I love the engagements they choose to do together. It gives them the chance to show themselves to us as a couple and they are a class act. They play off each other and Camilla's dry and often acerbic wit invariable ends with them both laughing their heads off.

I mean really, Camilla quipping "I'm self isolating" was hilarious and wonderfully droll and yet so very appropos. They show us there is joy to be had after 60 when many think we are obsolete, there are so many things yet to learn and yet to share and we can have fun while we do it.

Old 03-08-2020, 07:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I love the engagements they choose to do together. It gives them the chance to show themselves to us as a couple and they are a class act. They play off each other and Camilla's dry and often acerbic wit invariable ends with them both laughing their heads off.

I mean really, Camilla quipping "I'm self isolating" was hilarious and wonderfully droll and yet so very appropos. They show us there is joy to be had after 60 when many think we are obsolete, there are so many things yet to learn and yet to share and we can have fun while we do it.

I think also that their relationship shows how being with someone you love can change a person. Charles was always devoted and dutiful, but being with Camilla has freed him to be himself - he’s so relaxed and funny.

I love seeing these two together - I really just can’t say it better than you did. I’m STILL cracking up at the “self-isolating” comment,

Old 03-08-2020, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

I think also that their relationship shows how being with someone you love can change a person. Charles was always devoted and dutiful, but being with Camilla has freed him to be himself - he’s so relaxed and funny.

I love seeing these two together - I really just can’t say it better than you did. I’m STILL cracking up at the “self-isolating” comment,
The only thing I think would have made Camilla's "self isolating" comment more entertaining for me is if she would have been carrying a stack of books.
"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life : he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle 1854
Old 03-08-2020, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The only thing I think would have made Camilla's "self isolating" comment more entertaining for me is if she would have been carrying a stack of books.
Truth! Frankly, I think I’ve been self-isolating my entire life
Old 03-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lol, loved Camilla's comment that she'd use the bunkers for self-isolation!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-09-2020, 04:21 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were guests of the Commonwealth Secretary-General, Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, at the annual reception on Commonwealth Day at Marlborough House, the home of the Commonwealth Secretariat in London this evening, March 9:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 03-10-2020, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th March:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon travelled by double-decker bus from Clarence House to Covent Garden, London WC2, to visit London Transport Museum to mark the Twentieth Anniversary of Transport for London and were received at the Museum by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).

Court Circular 9th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen this afternoon attended the Commonwealth Day Observance Service in Westminster Abbey and was received by the Dean of Westminster (the Very Reverend Dr David Hoyle) and the Chairman of the Council of Commonwealth Societies (the Lord Howell of Guildford).

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Earl and Countess of Wessex were also present.

Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception given by the Commonwealth Secretary-General (the Baroness Scotland of Asthal) at Marlborough House, London SW1.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall with a lovely picture wish St Patricks Day

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETTX_9oX...jpg&name=large
Old 03-17-2020, 07:58 AM
Serene Highness

Gorgeous photo !
Old 03-21-2020, 03:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall with a lovely picture wish St Patricks Day

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETTX_9oX...jpg&name=large
Totally perfect from Prince Charles and Camilla. I feel the fresh air.
Look at the bulbs and flourishing meadow grass and the lush green.
Nice to see St Patrick colours and hear best wishes for St Patrick's Day.

Everyone stay well until next year's St Patrick's Day.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 5th May:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning delivered a message of support to the Royal Mail.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:06 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on VE Day today:

** Pic ** video ** rex gallery **

** hellomagazine: Prince Charles and Camilla lead two-minute silence to mark VE Day **

** dm: Prince Charles leads the salute to fallen heroes: Country falls silent to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day a..**
Old 05-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The bagpipes are very moving ,I think this was played at Queen Mothers funeral?

Old 05-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

"On 8th May 1945, King George VI recorded his thoughts in his wartime diary.
The King expressed relief that "the day we have been longing for has arrived at last."
The Prince of Wales reads an extract from his grandfather King George VI’s diary which describes The King’s experience of #VEDay on 8th May 1945."

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...iary+on+VE+Day
Old 05-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

The first tune as they walk out is "oft in the stilly night". This Irish tune was played at the Queen Mother's funeral. Then it's the great Scottish lament "the flowers of the forest".
Old 05-09-2020, 07:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

This was deeply moving...I love the sound of bagpipes; they have a haunting quality, and it was no different today...
Old 05-09-2020, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 8th May:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this morning led the Nation’s two-minute silence at Balmoral to mark the Seventy-Fifth Anniversary of VE Day.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:22 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited members of the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust outside the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital today, June 16:

** pa gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Back to work! Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall ..**

** hellomagazine: Prince Charles and Camilla become first royals to carry out duties in person meeting key workers in Gloucestershire **
Old 06-16-2020, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would recommend the Prince of Wales to be critical on his old suits. I know, I know, Savile Row et al... but there comes a moment that even Savile Row suits are three sizes too big, visibly worn out and hopelessly out of fashion.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited members of the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust outside the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital today, June 16:

** pa gallery **

** dm article: Back to work! Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall ..**

** hellomagazine: Prince Charles and Camilla become first royals to carry out duties in person meeting key workers in Gloucestershire **
Good to see them out there. Also, I thought the first engagement back to thank key workers was a good choice.

Tags
camilla, charles, current events, the duchess of cornwall, the prince of wales