Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited members of the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust outside the Gloucestershire Royal Hospital today, June 16:

** pa gallery **

** dm article: Back to work! Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall ..**

** hellomagazine: Prince Charles and Camilla become first royals to carry out duties in person meeting key workers in Gloucestershire **

Good to see them out there. Also, I thought the first engagement back to thank key workers was a good choice.

I would recommend the Prince of Wales to be critical on his old suits. I know, I know, Savile Row et al... but there comes a moment that even Savile Row suits are three sizes too big, visibly worn out and hopelessly out of fashion.

I would think these are actually newer suits since in the past few years he has put on weight (or at the least his shape has changed somewhat).

LaRae

I would think these are actually newer suits since in the past few years he has put on weight (or at the least his shape has changed somewhat).

LaRae

Hello,

Prince Charles' tailors retains pieces of fabric for every suit made for the Prince to use for alterations and means. I believe that he was persuaded to move away from his well like cut - but he has recently returned to the old ones from the 1980-early 1990's. So it is possible that he has had some altered.

.. and mybe he also lost weight during his illness.

I quite like it, if the do look a bit frumpy - i think this is ok.

It makes sense his tailor would of kept the fabrics Charles likes. Maybe as he's gotten older he's decided to go with what's comfortable and returned to the old style? I guess I don't see it as frumpy though.

LaRae

I think they both look good, but Rebecca English said that Charles still suffers from lack of smell and taste. Given that, I can’t believe he was not only allowed out of quarantine, but allowed to see people

I think they both look good, but Rebecca English said that Charles still suffers from lack of smell and taste. Given that, I can’t believe he was not only allowed out of quarantine, but allowed to see people

You can test negative and still have some side effets for weeks.

Here's a video of TRH The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall from their visit to Gloucestershire today.

If it is anything like pneumonia it is possible that some side effects may stay for a very long time e.g. I found that the smell or taste of chocolate made me want to throw up and even now, 11 months on, I still have that issue. I have been told I may never recover that as a side effect of the pneumonia. It has heightened again after my second dose last month ... so I am someone who has been told 'no outside the home for the rest of the Aussie winter and when you do leave the home ... mask will be compulsory'.

I have no idea if some effects of covid last but it is highly possible. I have heard of people still being very tired weeks after recovering.

Yes speaking of someone who has had pneumonia on three occasions, its a bugger to get rid of. And even when you do the side effects stay with you for some time. Thankfully its been years but between my work, and my history of pneumonia/bronchitis I have had to be extra careful with covid.

Not shocking at their age, Charles is still showing some symptoms from his illness. He has the best doctors, if he wasn't testing negative and no risk, he certainly wouldn't have been out among people.

All in all a good first engagement back. And perfect choice meeting with front line workers.

C&C do officiate well on behalf of the Queen.

Yes they do indeed.

De Gaulle was very lucky that Churchill supported his use of the BBC to broadcast. Even though soon after there was the tragedy at Oran, & Churchill & De Gaulle later fell out, the speech of the 18th Juin is very significant as the start of the French fight back.

It was nice to see Charles and Camilla there. The flypast looked particularly spectacular!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the news media is reporting that Charles has said he still has the effects of Corona. I wonder if Tom Hanks is still having issues as well.

https://www.usmagazine.com/gallery/...-his-sense-of-taste-smell-during-coronavirus/

That seems to be a recurring problem. Charles sense of taste and smell are still affected but, considering his age he seems to have escaped relatively lightly while far younger people have not.

Chronic fatigue seems to be a common after effect and when you look at someone like Chris Cuomo who is far younger and was far more ill but not hospitalised, he has lost so much weight he looked positively gaunt the first time I saw him back at work in a suit and tie.

Residual coughs, aches and pain, confusion and difficulty concentrating and a whole raft of other miseries mean individually you may be tested negatively but for the body it ain't over 'til it's over.

Court Circular 16th June:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Great Western Road, Gloucester, and were received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr. Edward Gillespie).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-FAINTS-chatting-shocked-Prince-Charles.html

A man was left fainting during a chance encounter with the Prince of Wales outside an Asda centre today as the royal and the Duchess of Cornwall paid tribute to staff who had worked amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The unknown man, who works for the UK supermarket chain, was greeted by Prince Charles, 71, outside the Asda Distribution Centre in Bristol when he was overcome with emotion and began to sway and stumble.

Just seconds later the man was seen falling to the ground as worried members of staff rushed to his aid and a concerned Prince Charles stood by and kept a watchful eye over him.

Currently they're not required for all situations and it varies in England, Scotland and Wales. Here's the latest from the BBC on the use of masks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53316491

What is the current guidance on face coverings?

Face coverings are compulsory on public transport in England, where they should also be worn in hospitals by staff, outpatients and visitors. People visiting shops are also advised, but not required, to cover their face if they judge that social distancing is not always possible.
In Scotland, masks are also mandatory on public transport, and will be in shops from 10 July.
People in Wales are being asked to wear non-medical face coverings where social distancing is not possible - including on public transport. But the government stopped short of making their use mandatory.
Plans to make wearing face masks on public transport compulsory in Northern Ireland have been put on hold, pending legal clarification.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-FAINTS-chatting-shocked-Prince-Charles.html

A man was left fainting during a chance encounter with the Prince of Wales outside an Asda centre today as the royal and the Duchess of Cornwall paid tribute to staff who had worked amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The unknown man, who works for the UK supermarket chain, was greeted by Prince Charles, 71, outside the Asda Distribution Centre in Bristol when he was overcome with emotion and began to sway and stumble.

Just seconds later the man was seen falling to the ground as worried members of staff rushed to his aid and a concerned Prince Charles stood by and kept a watchful eye over him.

How awful!

Last edited:
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to St Austell Healthcare, the Wheal Northey Centre, to recognise and thank staff for their efforts during Covid-19.

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...amilla_duchess_of_cornwall_visit_to_cornwall?

Good to see C&C out in Cornwall on the annual tour.

My only point of criticism is that Charles has in recent weeks taken to using an Audi eTron SUV as his official car. I so do wish he would continue to use the Jaguar IPace he used last year or his Bentley. At a trying time like this, support from Prince Charles for the British automotive industry would not go unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom