Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
I am curious as to why the Prince of Wales does not drive hybrid cars or electric cars. The environment has been such an important issue for him for so long, why does he drive those gas-guzzling Land Rovers? Is it only because they are freebies for him and the royals? Because I don't see why he can't have one or two of the freebie Land Rovers at his country estates, but then drive around in a hybrid when he's in London or going about his royal duties elsewhere. I think that would be a great thing, honestly. It would improve his image. It would be a positive influence.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I am curious as to why the Prince of Wales does not drive hybrid cars or electric cars.
In the recent "Windsor Castle" documentary Prince Philip was shown discussing the gradual changeover of the royal Range Rovers etc to alternate fuels. He said it was expensive initially and would be done over time. Maybe this is also happening at Highgrove. A vehicle that has been converted to hybrid or LPG or other fuels generally won't look any different after the conversion.

Warren said:
In the recent "Windsor Castle" documentary Prince Philip was shown discussing the gradual changeover of the royal Range Rovers etc to alternate fuels. He said it was expensive initially and would be done over time. Maybe this is also happening at Highgrove. A vehicle that has been converted to hybrid or LPG or other fuels generally won't look any different after the conversion.

I knew there was a reason I liked Prince Philip. That's terrific. Good to know. Thanks, Warren.
:)

Confederation of British Industry (CBI) President John Sunderland, (L) Prince Charles (C) and CBI Director General Sir Digby Jones arrive at the Centrepoint building, in London, 16 March 2006, before Prince Charles addressed members of the CBI where he took the opportunity to request more companies to pay attention to the threat of environmental climate change

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 317
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Last edited:
Prince Charles Joins Race to Save the Albatross

LONDON, UK, November 7, 2006 (ENS) - On the eve of a TV movie premiere highlighting the plight of the albatross, Britain's Prince Charles said failure to save the Earth's largest flying sea birds from extinction would be "an appalling commentary on the way we treat the world." The Prince called upon food retailers to take the lead.

Prince Charles Joins Race to Save the Albatross

Last edited by a moderator:
AWWWW lol maybe I Should start writing to Royals.

AWWWW lol maybe I Should start writing to Royals.

He really cares and I admire him so much for this quality :flowers:

He really cares and I admire him so much for this quality :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Charles puts staff on bikes in bid to become 'green prince'

Prince Charles has told some of his staff to use bicycles in the fight against global warming. He is even prepared to travel to London by commuter train from a station near Highgrove.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23374721-details/Charles%20puts%20staff%20on%20bikes%20in%20bid%20to%20become%20'green%20prince'/article.do

Well done Prince Charles!
I´am a keen bicycle rider too, and i would love it to take a ride with the Prince in the Cotswolds!:lol:

Skydragon said:
Charles puts staff on bikes in bid to become 'green prince'

Prince Charles has told some of his staff to use bicycles in the fight against global warming. He is even prepared to travel to London by commuter train from a station near Highgrove.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23374721-details/Charles%20puts%20staff%20on%20bikes%20in%20bid%20to%20become%20'green%20prince'/article.do

Good for Prince Charles! Thanks for the article, Skydragon.
When I was reading 'he is even pepared to travel to London by...' I thought for one wild moment he is prepared to travel to London by bicycle! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
£65K AID FOR SAVING ALBATROSS

A Plea by Prince Charles to save the albatross has secured a £65,000 Government donation to help endangered birds.
Barry Gardiner, Minister for Biodiversity, today announced that Britain was doubling its aid.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince recruits Gore for 'green' campaign

Theirs is an unlikely alliance: the heir to the throne, the leader of the Church of England and the man who so nearly got the most powerful job in the world.
But the Prince of Wales, the Archbishop of Canterbury and Al Gore will this week launch a new project to encourage big business to become more "green.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/03/ngore03.xml

Charles comes clean on his carbon realm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2483820,00.html

The Prince of Wales plans to label his Dutchy Originals range with details of the greenhouse gases emitted in marking the products which range from sausages to shampoos.

I like the idea of a green campaign, from the Telegraph article, Skydragon posted.
Charles and Al Gore could be a good team together with the Archbishop.

'We're living on borrowed time', claims Charles

Prince Charles launched his 'green revolution' with a stark warning that we are all 'living on borrowed time' if we don't stop eating up the world's resources.
In a forthright speech in front of leading figures, including Prime Minister Tony Blair, the Prince said: 'We are consuming the resources of our planet at such a rate that we are, in effect, living off credit and living on borrowed time.

Britain's Prince Charles set to become a greener traveller

Prince Charles is likely to cut down on his use of helicopters and aeroplanes as his household conducts a review to make him a greener traveller.
Clarence House is looking at how the heir to the throne can reduce his air travel within Britain and use more cars and scheduled trains, in the hope that big businesses will follow suit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061206/wl_uk_afp/britainroyals_061206190018

Prince Charles speaks at the launch the 'Costing the Earth - Accounting for Sustainability' project at St James's Palace in central London Wednesday Dec. 6, 2006. The project was launched to an audience of 200 people and is to help organizations measure more effectively the wider environmental and social costs of their actions.

Prince Charles
Prince Charles making speech

more pictures here.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I really liked the speech Prince Charles made at launching Accounting for Sustainability. It was very deep and well-thought and reflected many of Prince Charles's concerns. And it was not without humour. ;)

Here is the speech for those, who are interested.

Avalon said:
I really liked the speech Prince Charles made at launching Accounting for Sustainability. It was very deep and well-thought and reflected many of Prince Charles's concerns. And it was not without humour. ;)

Here is the speech for those, who are interested.

I enjoyed reading that. Thank you for drawing it to our attention, Avalon. :flowers:

You are welcome, Roslyn. :flowers:
I think it was really a great speech

Prince Charles calls on companies to cut carbon

The Prince of Wales is urging business, voluntary groups and public sector organisations to put environmental issues at the core of their activities and report clearly and consistently on their performance.
Prince Charles, who features on the Environment Agency's recently published list of top 100 eco-heroes for his support of organic farming and other green issues, launched the Accounting for Sustainability project at St James's Palace last week.

Back
Top Bottom