Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've just got to love a man who cares so much about red squirrels! :D I have always admired his attitude to conservation and preservation of wildlife, since I share his views, but those red squirrels are just adorable and I hope the campaign is successful.

Thank you everyone who has posted links to pics recently. Charles has been very busy but his smiling face suggests he is really enjoying his life and his work.

Wall of death?
Thats ummm a weird way of putting something.
x

Well, I suppose that since Canada has a rodent as a national symbol, why not?:D Not that there's any danger of beavers being endangered.

Prince Charles has called for the endangered red squirrel to become a national mascot.

Is it possible to trap/kill the grey squirrels without catching the red ones? I would think that they eat the same food, which would make trapping one but not the other very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I suppose that since Canada has a rodent as a national symbol, why not?:D Not that there's any danger of beavers being endangered.
I am certain the few Beaver released here are in extreme danger, not from the environment but from those nasty critters - people! :D The Red Squirrel population has been decimated by a bug carried by the American Grey. They eat the same foods.

Disease danger to red squirrels - Scotsman.com News
BBC - Science & Nature - Wildfacts - Red squirrel

:previous:
Or he could have requested that President Obama take the American invaders back to the USA. :whistling:

Yes, I saw a news piece about the concern of the Scottish and northern English aristocracy about the upstart squirrels.

Puts me in mind of the lyrics of an old song:

Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

Take that, you British red squirrels.

Or he could have requested that President Obama take the American invaders back to the USA. :whistling:
If he had taken them back that would have made the visit worthwhile!:D

If he had taken them back that would have made the visit worthwhile!:D

And since President Obama was already in Air Force One and presumably a fleet of accompanying planes, the carbon footprint of the American squirrels probably would have been minimal.

But what about the poor squirrels claiming both American and British heritage? Where would their allegiance lie?

With any not so bright person who would feed them through the wonderful winters in the midwest. :D

Squirrels again!! I was over in the thread about the PoW's house in Wales and there's an article by Jan Moir about her overnight-stay there. The gamekeeper is apparently shooting grey squirrels ... didn't say that the PoW instructed him to do so, but I'm sure there's been some conversation about the grey invaders. (Although if the squirrels are British enough to be described as grey rather than gray, perhaps they should be kept there as a native species.)

:previous::flowers:Unfortunately the Greys are eating the natives out of house and home, they are also much more aggressive than the British Reds. There is now a concerted effort to shoot or catch (and euthanise) the Grey. IMO Charles would support these measures on his estates.:flowers:

My oh my, it sounds like the American War of Independence is being fought again, but on British soil.:lol:

, they are also much more aggressive than the British Reds. There is now a concerted effort to shoot or catch the Grey.

ah me oh my I read the Canadian article and I have to say that The POW was born 50 years ahead of his time and will never be appreciated for it

Clarence House aides stress that the trip is at the request of the Government to promote its climate change policies.

Personally i don't understand how that argument is relevant to the cost financially/environmentally. The Governmen may request the trip but Charles could travel on Easyjet is he wanted to.

If he traveled on easyjet, he would arrive squashed, crumpled and in a very bad mood! :D

If he had used a scheduled flight, there would be complaints about him using too many seats, etc, etc. If he met the criteria of the naysayers, someone somewhere would still find something to complain about.:rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone would suggest easyjet as an alternative!:ROFLMAO:

Besides which there aren't any Easyjet flights between Rom & Venice or Venice & Berlin - which is his itinerary.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those situations where whatever Charles does he can't win.

He goes on a scheduled flight and people would complain about the number of seats, the additional security, etc but if he goes in a private jet that would inconvenience far fewer people they complain.

If he used Easyjet and didn't arrive ready to hit the road running people would complain.

It is just so easy to pick on Charles and so many people make it their daily job to do just that.

'Prince' Charles is a hypocrite. Why are we shocked?

He preaches to us lesser people on enviroment and global warming and takes a jet everywhere.
The man is a century behind times. He doesn't deserve the throne and i hope to God it goes to William.

Back
Top Bottom